April 2022 Moms

Re: Weekly randoms w/o 1/3

• Loading the player...
  • @hoosiermamajayden I can't imagine having multiples. You are a hero
  • I felt my first round the belly button kick that actually surprised me while I was talking-usually Auggie is hitting around the underwear line. I was talking to my principal and all of a sudden-Bam! The kids at school will be so stoked to have kicks to feel. 

I also feel this picture-I look insane trying to get out of bed or up off the couch. And @monstera13 I totally hear that! I was so excited to go to work this morning even though its math testing and kids throwing ice at each other and covid, lol. It was nice to have my own domain for 7 hours, and catch up on NPR in the car on my commute. 
  • @shlecks isn’t that the worst part of house projects? Living with the chaos until it all gets sorted just adds stress to the whole ordeal!
  • @hoosiermamajayden YES! It’s driving me crazy but the birthday party will help motivate me to stay on it!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Has anyone else seen the new Spider-Man movie?? We went to see it last night (first movie we’ve gone to in years!!), and no spoilers, but OMG it was amazing!!!!
  • @minnie_yoga_mama it's on my list to see! We have been waiting out the holiday crowds and we live in a big snow bird area so everything is busy during the day and night here
  • @robbenson That’s a good idea, I know how that is— we live in FL so we also have a large snow bird crowd here now! Since we went on a Tuesday it was very comfortable, with no one else sitting in our row or even in the entire front section of the theater! I highly recommend seeing it if you’re a Marvel fan!!
  • Ugh, pretty sure this cold is a sinus infection. Toothache last night that quickly became sinus pain on the same side where I’ve had an ear blocked for days. And Tylenol is not touching it… 😞😞😞
  • @minnie_yoga_mama I have had kids interrupt me during one on one work to ask me if I've seen the new spiderman yet, lol. It's all I'm hearing about! I will def see it eventually but I'm so stoked about Sing 2 Friday!
  • @missa_lyssa, oh yeah, always hope for a super boring birth story on my end....
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @missa_lyssa I know someone who had absurdly fast births like that! Her first was also 2 1/2 hours, which she said was intense but manageable. She planned a home birth for her second but it was, well, freaky fast. Her husband just managed to get back in the house to catch the baby. The midwife showed up later. 

Both times her water broke first, so there was a clear heads up - it wasn’t like, oh here’s one contraction, and then boom - baby. Which I find reassuring 😂 
  • Those fast births scare me! I definitely don’t want a long labor again (33 hours with DS) but I also don’t want a quick 2 hour one. Is it so much to ask for a 12 hour labor?!?
  • edited January 2022

Well, I finally did it. My husband and mom have been warning me for months to be careful on the condo stairs as I get bigger and my balance is thrown off. Sure enough, I tripped and rolled my ankle on the last step of the stairs this morning and fell onto my knees. 🤦🏽‍♀️ Baby’s fine— no belly impact anywhere, but ughhh my ankle hurts! I’m just relieved I wasn’t higher on the staircase and that it wasn’t a full fall that could’ve hurt me or the baby, but it’s still scary! I’m going to have to move at half pace when I use the stairs now to be safe!

• @minnie_yoga_mama eek! Glad it was on the last step and that you’re okay! Ice that ankle and rest up!
  • @minnie_yoga_mama Oh no! I’m glad it wasn’t too serious! 
  • @minnie_yoga_mama glad you and baby are ok! It can be so frustrating to change up what we’re used to just because we’re pregnant. 😭
  • @minnie_yoga_mama that's the worse. That's how I broke my big toe a couple weeks ago.
    Take it easy, rolled ankles take forever to heal properly. I hope yours isn't too painful.
  • @minnie_yoga_mama ow! I hope your ankle feels better soon!
  • Ouch @minnie_yoga_mama! I always have to remind myself that pregnancy is classified as a disability. I’m a very active person and never struggled with any type of disability but it becomes really evident towards the third tri. For me it’s incredibly frustrating not to be able to physically function normally, but it’s all part of it and good reminder for sure to slow down.
  • @missa_lyssa a girl in my first BMB had her baby in the car on the way to the hospital. It was her 3rd kid. I don't remember exactly how long but likely somewhere around the 2 hour mark. Contractions started but nothing serious. Decided to take a quick shower before heading in. She's a firefighter so she had good training for those types of situations but I'm sure its different when it is your own body.

@minnie_yoga_mama ouch!! take it easy and rest up that ankle! Glad everyone is mostly ok though!

@shlecks I don't mind the snow as long as I don't have to drive anywhere! Hopefully the roads get all cleared up soon for you guys!
  • @minnie_yoga_mama Glad you're ok! That must've been scary.

@shlecks That looks really pretty. I've never seen snow in person before but I'd love to.
  • @constantinabee I can't believe you've never seen snow!! That's amazing.

Woke up this morning with a seriously itchy leg. I have like 6 big bug bites that look like spider bites on the back of my leg. I made my H come look and he says they don't look like bed bug bites but obviously the spider was in my pants or on the bed or in the blanket I had on my lap during writing last night. Which does not sound great-there was a spider in my pants?!? He also pointed out this weird purple and red half moon line on my inner thigh near my vagina, which I hadn't seen. I was like oh, that's what's in my armpit-i probably have 10 reddish purple lines/empty circles in my armpit that have been appearing since pregnancy, the first of which I attributed to my deodorant so I switched, but they just keep appearing. Anyway he was like...you should get these checked out. So now I'm wondering if something is wrong with me, but I have a docs appt on the 11th so I'll ask then. So weird. 
  • I’m glad I’m not the only one just getting started on the nursery! I think I picked a crib and wall color… but now to get that started. Today is day 1 of the 3rd tri, and the sleep is rough. I feel this pic too. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @SmashJam Ummm… what in the actual hell?? I would flip out! At least since it’s just you and not your husband you know it’s probably not bed bugs..? It couldn’t be ringworm, could it?
  • @aloha_mama that was my first thought but it's not itchy or raised, it's just a ring like discoloration or a line. 
  • @SmashJam doesn't look like Cholestasis of pregnancy does it? Just always the thing I'd want to rule out. 
  • @SmashJam growing up my room was in our basement and I regularly woke up with spider bites. Not sure if that helps, but definitely is possible. For some reason they really liked to bite me....
  • Has anyone just pretty much given up on shaving their legs at this point? I really dislike leg hair but my spd and RLP are making it super painful to bend down to shave. I also end up out of breath 😆😆

Please tell me I’m not alone?
  • @Ivorytower2 I gave up on shaving my legs for the most part like 7 years ago