July 2022 Moms
Options

Team blue, pink, or green! Announce here!

2»

Re: Team blue, pink, or green! Announce here!

• Options
    What was in the water that so many of us are team blue??  :D
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Thank you all so much! I'm feeling a little better about it. We told my daughter and she's so excited.
    @rubyrose_0919 That made me feel a lot better!
    34 year old mama of a 4 year old girl.
    1st birth through years of trying and the wonder drug letrozole.
    Second a great surprise.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Seriously!!! We have so many boys in this group! What is going on here?!? 😂
  • Options
    As a member of team green, I'm not sure if the odds on this board are making it more likely that this baby is a boy, or if I'll balance things out and it's a girl, lol.  
  • Options
    @zwink1 Lol, I feel the same way! But I just got a notification that my NIPT samples have been received so I will hopefully know soon!!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    According to NIPT it's a boy we've been certain it's a girl so right now I'm dealing with gender disappointment won't fully accept it until anatomy scan because I'm seeing some instince where NIPT was wrong and turned out a different Gender at scan or birth. So fingers crossed for my princess but if not my prince will be loved and spoiled just as much
  • Options
    @taralei I guess it depends on what company you had the NIPT through but for mine (with Natera) the gender is 99.9% accurate. Unless you're talking about the sneakpeak tests? Those can be easily contaminated and come back wrong. A NIPT on the other hand is very unlikely to be wrong. I'm sorry you're having some gender disappointment. That's a very real thing and your feelings are valid. But just remember that a healthy baby is all that matters. I hope your disappointment fades quickly for you.
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Options
    @taralei I'm sorry you're dealing with some gender disappointment. It can be hard when things don't end up the way we envisioned them. 
    That said, I think it's easier to mistake boys for girls than girls for boys. If all you get is Xs and missed a Y then you would get a girl sex but it could actually be a boy. But if they're saying boy, there is no way there is a Y there without it being a boy. No Y in mom and no Y can be present in a girl. Right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 you are correct I believe. As long as there was no risk of contamination which if done at a lab there shouldn’t be since it’s coming right from the vein.

I am impatiently waiting for my NIPT results. I did the blood work last Friday and they said it could take 2-3 weeks to come back. It also is still listed as an “upcoming order” in my chart so I know they haven’t done anything with it yet. It also makes me nervous because I went at the end of the day so I’m hoping she didn’t make a mistake. Also it could be they sent it out so it will say that until they get the results back. Basically I am over analyzing lol. 

I am also surprised at all these boys, I felt like that was all I saw people have last year so I have been waiting on the wave of girls. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else doing a gender reveal or gender reveal party? I can start a thread but I didn’t want to be the only one doing it 🤣
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options

@bearsandbeets7 I’m impatiently waiting for our NIPT results too. I had them done last Tuesday, Jan 11th. I keep checking my email like a crazy person!

@tuxielove93 We’re not planning on doing a party. But I do want to do what we did last time. There’s a little bakery here that will fill any number of cupcakes with either blue or pink inside. I like that you can basically walk it, pick out a couple cupcakes (1 for me and 1 for MH), they take them in the back and fill them, and you walk out of the store with them in 10 min. That’s all we did last time. We did bring some cupcakes to my parents and grandparents so they could share in the fun. But it wasn’t a party and was very impromptu.

*TW* TTC history

• Options
    @bearsandbeets7 it's funny that you say that because I've felt for the last year or two that everybody I know has been having girls. Only recently does it seem like I'm seeing more boys being conceived.

Maybe everyone waiting for their anatomy scan or who are team green will balance us out with girls.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 I absolutely love that idea, it's so special but not over the top!

Is anyone else thinking of finding out the gender but not actually sharing it with others? We're weighing it up but don't know if this is actually practical hahaha
  • Options
    @rosegoldg I haven’t done it, but my best friend did with her recent pregnancy. They found out but pretended they didn’t know because they didn’t want to tell anyone. They felt like if everyone knew they knew but weren’t telling, they’d slip up on pronouns talking about the baby, or people would keep asking anyway. TBH, I was a little hurt when I found out after he was born that they knew the entire time. But then again I didn’t really understand finding out but keeping it a secret as we found out and announced with DD. To each their own I guess!
  • Options
    @rosegoldg definitely. With my first daughter, we found out at the anatomy scan and didn’t tell anyone other than our parents and my best friends. With this DD, we’ll also not tell friends and extended family until the birth. I like not having peoples judgement on my child based on their sex. I just know once they find out we’re having another girl we’ll get the “keep trying for a boy” comments. Honestly once I hit my mid thirties I don’t care what anyone feels anymore that’s not immediate family and closest friends. I get one life, I’d like to choose how I live it!
  • Options
    so many boys

@tuxielove93 We dont do gender reveal parties. No judgment to anyone that does, but they feel really weird to me. I'm not really into pink for girls and blue for boys kinda thing, and then i get kinda made because gender is a social construct and what we really mean is biological sex.  :p we did NIPT with this one and our first and so mostly just tell people we are pregnant at the same time we know if its male or female and then just give that same news. This time was slightly different because we didn't get NIPT results until a week or 2 after xmas and wanted to tell family first so they were covid smart.  I hope you find something to do that makes you feel good!

@rosegoldg i've known of some people who did that, mostly in the case of not wanting very gender stereotyped gifts. Im sure you'll figure out what is right for you

And I missed who was questioning NIPT sex results - they are going to be 99.9% accurate unless you are having multiples
  • Options
    Found out at our anatomy scan we are having a boy! 💙 Now to try and find a boy name both of us agree on.😅
  • Options
    One sweet step-son, one sweet homemade son, and adding one sweet baby girl to the family! 🥰 
    SO excited for our sweet little firecracker😁 (Due July 8) 
  • Options
    i was soo was so sure I was team blue, but was just told I am team pink. Excited but confused. 
  • Options
    Anatomy scan confirmed the NIPT results - we are double pink over here and I am so excited!! 
  • Options
    AnonnAniAnonnAni member
    edited March 2022
    Late to the party here but Team Blue as well- Should be interesting to have 3 girls and 3 boys. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS