August 2022 Moms

PGAL 12/16

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL 12/16

• @maggiemadeit I’m sorry for your loss and that it was such a horrible experience. Some providers can be so insensitive about miscarriage. That’s frustrating that 10 weeks is the earliest you can be seen, can you convince them to do betas for your mental
    health at least? After my first loss my doctor immediately offered to do betas and an earlier US when I got pregnant again. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Loading the player...
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited December 2021
    Weeks/EDD? 4+3 Aug 22nd

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MMC @ 9 weeks, MMC @ 14 weeks and two CP (followed by a healthy full term pregnancy before this one)  

Physically still fine. I’m 50/50 for horrible nausea (2 pregnancies I felt amazing, 2 of them I felt like death) Emotionally still feeling pretty unattached. Not excited but not that anxious yet either. But anxious enough to still be peeing on sticks. 

Any appointment updates? Got beta results earlier this week, 94 and 289 at 12 and 14 DPO. First ultrasound scheduled for Jan 3rd at 7 weeks. 

Any big milestones? Past my CP milestones but the big one will be having a good first ultrasound. After that 2nd tri will be the next big milestone. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone else on progesterone suppositories? 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Weeks/EDD? 6w4d

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 
    Loss @ 6 weeks before having DS.
    Loss @ 7 weeks in-between DS and current pregnancy

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Overall, much better than I was earlier in the pregnancy given the good news from my beta results (shared below). I still get anxious when something doesn't feel right (e.g. cramps) but I'm not having panic attacks anymore (which I did earlier this pregnancy). 

Any appointment updates?  I got my beta results earlier this week and my HGC came back at 20232 which is in range for 6-8 weeks. My progesterone was on the lower end of normal for the first trimester (it was 13.6 and the range is 11-45) so my NP has put me on progesterone tablets the rest of my 1st trimester given my history of MCs. 

Any big milestones? No. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My NP decided not to have a follow up beta done to confirm everything is increasing normally which I found odd. I thought the test was really about comparing the increase rather than just looking at a single result. Anyone else have a similar experience? (As a side note, she originally told me she'd have me go in for two tests 24-48 hours apart then never scheduled me for a follow up test. I won't push the issue because the results are good just curious if this is the norm). 
  • @darkrose88 I’ve always had two betas done, but once HCG gets into the high thousands like yours it doesn’t usually double or rise consistently anymore so in that case the 2nd number doesn’t tell you much. And maybe your provider didn’t want to cause you any extra anxiety by getting a 2nd number that increased but not necessarily by a lot. (And then at 8-10 weeks HCG levels out and then starts to decrease)

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @coco2787 that's really good to know. I do tend to overthink and get anxious about things so that was probably the right call from her stand point lol. 
  • Weeks/EDD? 4w2d/Aug 24

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? CP in Sept at 5 weeks

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  tired, sense of smell is through the roof in a real bad way, nervous and excited. 

Any appointment updates? had betas weds, my ob hasn't called yet, but they dropped in the portal overnight: would be roughly 10dpo - hcg 181 (which i think is a little low) and progesterone is 21.3 (not low at all!) -- i am hoping she'll have me do labs again tomorrow, i won't actually go in until 1/20 unless my ob changes her mind on that. 

Any big milestones? will be glad to make it through the next week and past my CP timeframe 

Rants/Raves/Questions? not unless anyone can see the future ;) 

@maggiemadeit it drives me bonkers how there really is no SOP when it comes to ob/maternal care. i've only had one loss, but when it happened my OB was like call the minute you get a positive test again and we'll run labs. i know you just switched practices, but maybe they're no the right fit?
    @coco2787 yay for great betas!!! i'm so jealous your appt is so much sooner than mine and our dates are so close!
    @darkrose88 also an amazing beta!! i get the weird feeling not having a 2nd, but i've read the same when it's that high that you won't see much change

• @anniemarie887 the 2nd number is obviously the important one but 181 at 10 DPO is a great number!

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @coco2787 fingers crossed, my portal does say the range at 3-4 weeks for HCG should be 500-10,000 and then 4-5 weeks 1,000-50,000
  • Weeks/EDD? 6+3 / Aug 8

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)?  Loss in September at 7 weeks

Anxious, nauseous (pregnancy or anxiety???)

Any appointment updates? 
    Ultrasound on Monday, I’m counting down the minutes

Any big milestones?
    Monday is the big milestone 

Rants/Raves/Questions? NATM

@maggiemadeit That’s frustrating. I was really glad my Ob happily agreed to betas even though I’ve only had 1 loss. I think I’ve seen people self order them, maybe that’s an option?
    @anniemarie887 That range seems high. I think yours at 10 dpo is perfect http://www.betabase.info/chart/betaByDay/10/Single
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited December 2021
    @fuzzywombat oh interesting! thank you for sharing!!

edit to add: OB got back to my on the portal, doesn't see a need for 2nd set of labs, happy with the numbers and as long as no pain/bleeding she'll see me in Jan. so now we wait... five very long weeks. 
  • @anniemarie887 I guess I'm not the odd one out not getting a second set of labs.  :) I'm so glad to hear she thought they looked great!! Also that progesterone score 😍! Loving all these great betas! 
  • Weeks/EDD? 7w4d 8/1

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MMC in August 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally, better. But I'm still not trying to get too attached to this pregnancy if it ends in a loss.

Any appointment updates? Had a u/s on Tues. Baby measured exactly with my due date and I got to see the heart beat.

Any big milestones? Almost hitting 8 weeks (when MMC happened)

Rants/Raves/Questions? I want my new insurance card to get here so I can make an appointment with my normal ob! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Weeks/EDD? 6/ 8-11-22

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Mc at 5 weeks in July 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I was going to wait until later but my pgal brain is hurting. I have an u/s at 6 tonight and I’m super nervous. I’m optimistic but also super scared. Physically I feel like garbage. Nauseous, sore boobs, dizzy, the whole sha-bang. 

Any appointment updates? U/s today at 6pm. Next appt w/dr Jan 3rd. 

Any big milestones? Well I made it past 5 weeks but I’m super nervous about the u/s. I also have a weird feeling there is a chance of multiples. For no reason. So I guess we’ll see. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My husband is going with me tonight even tough he’s not allowed in (boo 👎🏼👎🏼) and then we’re going to hopefully finish our Christmas shopping. Christmas definitely snuck up on me this year!
  • @paytonpedro ugh I'm so sorry you're feeling super stressed about the U/S. Also ugh to your husband not being able to go in with you! Seriously, I'd be super peeved. I really don't understand all these constraints if you are both wearing masks. Hopefully the appointment goes smoothly and you'll be able to report happy news later. 🥰
  • @darkrose88 thank you for your kind words! It doesn’t make any sense at all, and the funny part is he’s fully vaccinated and I’m not (for medical reasons). So he’s literally less of a threat than I am. 
  • @paytonpedro oh, man, what an ironic situation. I bet they don't care though they are just following procedures. 
  • @paytonpedro fx for your u/s tonight!!!
  • @paytonpedro I hope your scan goes well, I’m sorry your husband can’t go in with you though 😥

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Thank you ladies! I updated in the u/s thread! Totally didn’t even ask and just brought mh in!
  • Ugh I took a test this morning with FMU (I know, I know, step away from the tests) and it was lighter than yesterdays (yesterday test line and control line were the same) and now I’m spiraling. Just put a message in to my doc about getting more betas done. 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @coco2787 I'm sorry you're going through this, I have been a mess with pee sticks too. I haven't seen much progression the last few days and was worrying I was headed for another loss. It's so hard, but there are just so many factors that can affect the result.

I just read about the hook effect, where HCG levels can be too high and it tricks the sensitive tests. I diluted my pee with water this morning and got obvious progress from yesterdays test, my first ever dye stealer. I think we're right around the same due date, so maybe it's the same for you? If you have another test handy maybe you can try it while you're waiting to get your bloodwork? 

I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best. 
  • @coco2787 definitely everything @maggiemadeit said. Also try to remember that hpt’s are only qualitative and not quantitative. (I know, easier said than done!!) You’re previous hcg numbers were great! I hope your dr will order more, if anything just to ease your mind! 
  • Weeks/EDD? 4+1, 8/25

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Was pregnant last year. Son was born due to spontaneous preterm labor at 30+4, he passed away 5 1/2 weeks later.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Trying my hardest to not be so nervous. I've never had an early loss, so for some reason that gives me some kind of peace of mind? but my first beta at 14 dpo was 93, which the dr said was a great number and she's confident with it. doing another check tomorrow and I'll hopefully feel better then. I feel liek every little thing I do i'm constantly wondering if it's affecting the baby now or in the future. my pre-term labor was unexplained, as was his issues upon birth, so I have no idea what to look out for or try to prevent or change. ugh, I guess I'm a mess.

Any appointment updates? 2nd beta tomorrow, then first ultrasound scheduled for jan 3, which i'll be 6+4.

Any big milestones? I guess first ultrasound to see lil heartbeat.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I hate that my innocence of pregnancy has been lost, which I'm sure you can all agree with. My last 2 pregnancies I felt invincible. Now I feel like I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @bearmomma1 i'm so sorry for your loss, and i relate to the feeling of innocence being lost, i've had a few friends with traumatic losses/still births
  • @bearmomma1 I'm so sorry for your loss. What a traumatic experience and to not have an explanation as to why must be so hard. 💔
  • @maggiemadeit I doubt it would be hook effect yet as my HCG was 289 on Monday so if it was rising appropriately it would only be a bit over 1000 today. 

@paytonpedro yes, my logical brain knows all this 🥴 it’s just so hard to stop testing when you’re looking for any sign of hope after RPL. 

Thanks for the well wishes, I took another test this afternoon after a 3 hour hold and it was darker than this morning (and darker than yesterday) so I feel a little better. My doc put orders for another round of betas in so I’ll probably go have that done this weekend. PGAL is such a mind f*ck 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*