April 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 12/13

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 12/13

• @dinomeetsjedi Omg yes, come join the party! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I love this! It sounds like one of our in-person meet ups definitely needs to include a half marathon! Or possibly a triathlon?? 
  • I'll cheer you guys on from the sidelines  :D

I used to run 5ks and I hated every second of it. My body is absolutely not built to be a runner at all and I find zero enjoyment in it. I wish I did because its such a great way to get out, get some exercise, and clear your head.
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited December 2021
    @Blondesweety444 it is my opinion that 5k is the worst race-because the first few miles of the race are always the worst for me, so every single second of the 5k is the worst part of the race, and then its over. 10k is better, or a five miler, so you have time to a hit a stride and not hate yourself.
    My feet are seriously effed so not sure I'll ever do another half, but it was my favorite distance. Or 10 milers. 
  • Merry Christmas to those who
    celebrate! 
  • @monstera13 that gif made me laugh so much. There's nothing dreamy about my running for sure.

@Blondesweety444 I felt the same way for all of my life. I thought I just wasn't built to run long distances because I was only ever good at sprinting and I hated running any type of distance. But I had to do a certain distance for work at one point and I was training beyond that distance and suddenly I liked running. What @SmashJam said is definitely true. I haven't done a half yet, but it's on my bucket list and I really like 10k distance. I wish someone had told me this information a long time ago.
  • @dinomeetsjedi @SmashJam maybe I’ll have to give it a try again post baby. I liked the endorphins and the time to myself, I just never loved the actual running part. 🤷🏼‍♀️😂 I’ll have to find a good place to run too, some areas near our house can get a bit sketchy. We didn’t know they were going to open a homeless shelter nearby when we built 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • @Blondesweety444 I haaaaaaate running! Like, hate it. I told someone yesterday I’ll only run if my life is in danger and even then, probably not far lol but I did enjoy the two half marathons I did a few years ago, especially running with friends, and the swag at the end is a must. One of them had people handing out malasadas (Portuguese donuts) and fresh pressed pineapple juice at the finish line. Another one went up and around Diamond Head on Oahu so the views the whole time were amazing and I could keep my mind off the fact that I felt like I was dying the whole time. I did a “couch to half marathon” program that was a lot of fun but only because I did it with a group of friends (and occasionally DH)… I wouldn’t be able to run alone!
  • Yeah, I used to hate running too until it became a very therapeutic tool for me.  I like the solitude and the way I can just shut everything out for a little bit while I run.  I can listen to music, a book, a podcast, whatever.  But that time is all mine and it's really valuable.  And yeah the race swag helps too!  And the cheering crowd!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @SmashJam I hear you. I was like tired all day and the enjoyment of watching someone else open presents quickly wore off as I had to add batteries and clean. And no matter how much candy they eat they always want more. The more candy the more meltdowns and crazy so it's a balancing game for sure. You must live on west coast as the weather is nasty there. My in-laws had to change all their Christmas plans too to time travel between snow storms. Hope the roads clear up for safe travels. We are in last two days of quarantine. I'm so ready to take her to a park. BTW it's like 80 here in Texas but don't hate me I'll pay for it in August.
  • @rbflei yay glad you're almost done quarantining! We are on the east coast, up in VT. We were able to get up to MILs house but not up her DRIVEWAY and had possibly the scariest backsliding out of control down a steep hill moment I've every had. DS6 had walked with my MIL to her house from Grandma's and I took Bernie out of the car and walked up the driveway and asked H to get the car down-he almost got it there and slid into a ditch so we had to wait for a tow. But, it wouldn't be winter unless we went off the driveway at my MIL's! It's steep. 
  • @SmashJam I can't imagine. I'm in AZ and centrally located so we don't get snow where I'm at. Sliding down the driveway sounds horrible