April 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 12/13

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 12/13

• Loading the player...
  • @monstera13 That’s so sweet! How do you tell the difference between feeling the baby hiccup vs regular arm/leg movements?
  • monstera13monstera13 member
    edited December 2021
    @minnie_yoga_mama The rhythm! You’ll feel the movement at the same pace, usually for several minutes before stopping in my experience. And when they’re bigger you can tell it’s a big, whole body movement (like when we hiccup) rather than just a kick or punch 
    aloha_mamaminnie_yoga_mamarobbenson
  • I can never feel hiccups because my babies never stop effing moving. It is like literal constant jumping, scratching, head butting, rolling, kicking, who knows what. It never stops. I wake up to it in the middle of the night. It's all the time. You can see the rolling constantly on my belly. So hiccups don't even register. 
  • My oldest Daughter got hiccups everyday!! I have wondered a few times if this baby has had them too! He moves so often!! 

Had a MFM appointment today and got to see the babe, was told they wanted to check on his weight again in 10 weeks. I cannot believe I will be so close to done in 10 more weeks! This is flying by! 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

fameonmain2hoosiermamajaydenmonstera13Avrilmai
  • @FishyMom it is amazing that we're over halfway-I just made 2 of my last five appts. 

having pubic symphysis pain issues and H suggested I take a day off to rest-then DS3 had to stay home because of a cough and is out for an undetermined amount of time, so I am home with him- and there is nothing restful about staying home with a not sick 3 year old. So that's what I'm doing today-hobbling around and intermittently sitting. The whole, " stop doing things nvm except these things" is super annoying. My walking pain is really exacerbating H's pregnancy police tendencies, which I know just comes from anxiety about how the baby is doing, but is still annoying as heck.
    bluecampanulaIvorytower2rbfleiAvrilmai
  • @SmashJam the cough so you have to stay home is the worst!! At this point just let me test for Covid and send them back!

Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13

• @SmashJam ugh, there is absolutely nothing restful about being home with a sick toddler. Hope you do find some time to get some rest.

@monstera13 I love those grandmother recipes but completely agree the whole cook until done type of direction doesnt work for me. 

@dinomeetsjedi your announcement photo was super cute! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Covid dance strikes again. Child exposed in school. Waiting on health department to figure out when we can get tested and my husband and I both get to notify work and see if they approve of us going to work and then we all have to get tested but no clue when because the health department has to give guidance daycare first so we wait. Christmas is paused as of right now my parents are staying home till we are all Covid negative. And now even if you feel ok, you just analyze every thing you are currently feeling wondering if it's Covid. Ahhh! The only good thing is we are all vaccinated fully. Granted she got her second Monday, but it's got to count for something.
    FishyMom
  • @rbflei ugh that stinks, I’m so sorry. I’m surprised the health department might make you test! The rule here is if you’re fully vaccinated then you only need to test if you show symptoms. I’m so anxious so I totally would test anyways but just for myself (and because I also would be analyzing every little thing!!). 

Here’s hoping you all are negative ❤️
    rbflei
  • @rbflei I hope you're all negative and you get to test soon. Such a hard time to get it (although no real easy time, I guess)! 
  • @rbflei we had the same. Daycare exposure last Friday. Thankfully she was negative and went back quickly. How are you? Did you get tested yet?

• @FishyMom Sorry, I put the rest of the story in the Covid forum. They both have covid and I do not. As of yesterday. Now I'm in the guest bedroom quarantined. 
  • @rbflei ahh I missed it. I’m sorry they have it! How are they doing? It was really mild when my DD had it in August, and pretty mild for me too. I hope you stay negative. 

• @FishyMom Well mild for sure for now. Hope that continues. I'm just anxiety ridden because when I had it in 2020, I had it so bad. Like my hands were blue and had recurring fever for almost a month. I couldn't go back to work for almost 6 weeks. I mean I know I'm triple vaccinated for a reason but hard to make the anxiety turn off sometimes.
    FishyMomrobbenson
  • Last birth mystery. When I had my first baby we did the blood type test. My whole life I thought my blood type was A +. My mom had insisted that she was A and my brother one bother and I were A and my last brother was O+ and he was the only odd one. Fast forward to my blood type test. Actually, I'm B+. So my mom got a weird phone call from me asking some very specific questions about my father. Turns out he never had his blood tested and so he never knew he was B+. Ok so fast forward my husband is A+ and I'm B+ and we know I'm B dominant and O recessive. We know only that he is A dominant but no idea on recessive as his intore families A+. So when our daughter was born they were like, ok here is you daughter she's perfect weighs 8 lbs blah blah blah and we both were like, "What's her blood type?" Before we touched her. Turns out she's 0+. And we laughed and said well 25% chance. So now that's the big  mystery question for us on birth day that will get answered as this baby can be anything. Anyone else care about blood type? It's one of my favorite genetic possibility charts.
    robbenson
  • So I asked DH to get the newborn clothes down after Christmas so I can sort through and see what I need to get and then start to wash, etc.

He was shocked and annoyed that I wanted to wash the newborn clothes that will have been in storage for 5 years? Am I crazy?
  • @Ivorytower2 definitely not crazy. I mean, I'd just want to make sure there's no dust or anything on them, like it's not that hard to wash them. If you had to wash them individually by hand and line dry then maybe I'd give it another thought lol
    SmashJamIvorytower2
  • @Ivorytower2 not crazy! I’m washing all mine! Who wants to cuddle a baby wearing clothes that smelly dusty and stale?! Not me!!
    Ivorytower2
  • @Ivorytower2 not crazy! I'll wash mine for sure just because I'm sure they smell a little storage-ish and I want them to be fresh! 

Also, H is annoyed with me for the dumbest reason. We have a normal sized slow cooker, so prolly 6-7 quarts. I want one a little bigger bc it's hard to make enough for leftovers in this one and will just get worse with 3 kids. I want a ten quart, $75. He wants a 22 quart slow roaster for turkeys that can be used as a slow cooker. Like that's insane I don't make 22 quarts of stew?! I feel like everything will cook weird if I make a normal stew bc it's just gonna layer on the bottom right by the heating element? And it's $200! He says I'm not thinking far enough into the future. I say he had chronic "get the biggest/most of everything" problem and should slow his roll. It's a ridiculous argument I can't believe we're having, lol.
    Ivorytower2bluecampanula
  • Uh oh @SmashJam I think your H might see more kids in your future! 😬
    SmashJambluecampanula
  • @Ivorytower2 That’s not weird at all! Eww to wearing clothes that have sat in any kind of storage for years. 
    Ivorytower2
  • @monstera13 amazing! Good job!
    monstera13
  • @monstera13 incredible!!! 💪💪💪
    Blondesweety444monstera13
  • @monstera13 Congrats!!! That’s a huge accomplishment, let alone while also being pregnant! 💪🙌🎉
    monstera13
  • My H yesterday: No worries, we don't need to clean that much, everything will be fine, the neighbors are our people (busy parents of 3 boys). 

My H today: Ok, I don't have time to move the cars from the bottom of the driveway, I need to clean the office, stage the recycling, clean my bathroom, put together the table and re set up all the games so people can function in my office. You got everything up here? 

Me: Glares while frantically scrubbing the bathroom while the kids play some version of a fighting game with their legos.

I don't understand why he doesn't believe that the house needs to be clean BEFORE he invites the neighbors over. And on a weekend we don't have 42,000 other things to do. 
    bluecampanulamonstera13aloha_mama
  • @monstera13 way to go!!!!!

@rbflei I hadn’t ever really thought about blood type beyond the compatibility issues my mom had with us. Do you really have recessive genes for that?

Mostly, I know more about horse genetics, but what I’ve learned there finally helped me make sense of the overly simplified version taught in high school biology. My high school teacher certainty didn’t! (I have parents with red and blond hair, which are considered recessive, but I have dark hair, which is considered dominant.) 

monstera13
  • @bluecampanula so A and B are dominant, O is resessive. Then the RH + is dominant and - is recessive. The fun part is if like me being B I wouldn't know offhand if I was BB or BO. Or even now that my child is OO+ I could still have a recessive O- but if my husband's ressive was O+ my recessive RH would get overridden. The more blood types you know in your family the more you can figure out what recessive you have even though it doesn't show up. Seriously It's just a fun thing that matters mostly for RH in pregnancy, parentage possibility, and blood transfusions. But the genetic trees for the types were honestly one of my favorite college biology lab experiment days.
    bluecampanulaaloha_mama
  • @monstera13 way to go!! 

@rbflei the blood type thing is very interesting. I am A- and both of my DD are both O+ I think. 

The other part I find interesting is Covid with blood types. My dad and I both have a- and I feel like Covid would have been really bad for me had I not been vaxed and he had it really bad even with the vax. When my house did have it we were not separated at all and my husband and oldest DD never got it, but my youngest DD and I did. 

monstera13
  • @monstera13 I’m so sorry, I totally meant to do a Fit Mom post and have been traveling all weekend and it totally slipped my mind. How was it?? Do you feel like Superwoman now? I don’t even know you and I’m proud of you!! ❤️❤️
    monstera13minnie_yoga_mamahoosiermamajaydenbluecampanula
  • @monstera13 That’s amazing! Maybe we should plan a meet-up and do one together… I’ve always wanted to do a Disney half, maybe then @minnie_yoga_mama could join us!!
    shlecksminnie_yoga_mamamonstera13bluecampanula
  • @aloha_mama I would totally be up for that! I don’t know much about running half marathons but I’m def up for trying, especially if it’s at Disney! ☺️
    monstera13bluecampanulaaloha_mama