August 2022 Moms
Options

Let's talk..baby names

Re: Let's talk..baby names

• Options
    @starkette I’m laughing really hard at “Joanne”. The rest of the girl names all seem similar in style and then there’s Joanne 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @and_peggy RIGHT? They're all so random but I love her list. Her style is all over the place. We don't know anyone named Joanne, either! Where did that one come from?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have always loved the name Lucy for a girl. Lucille Ball is one of my idols. Middle name either Ann, Grace or Ava. We named our angel baby Ava Grace so we would like a little nod to her in some way.

A boy is harder, our first son is Blake and it took a long time for us to settle on that. Blake Shelton's I'll name the dogs came on the radio and my DH said how about Blake. Now I always say thats "our" song. 

I really like Grayson for a boy but my DH says that to him its a girls name. He is a teacher so the name associations he has are a bit of an issue. I also really like Luca but he also said no. 

I really want to make sure the name isn't to "trendy" my name is Katie and most of my life they were multiple Katies around, it was very popular the year I was born although I was named for my great grandmother. My husband's name is William (the 4th) which is really annoying when the other Bills are in the room. Seeing as it is so early I'm sure these will change. 

Its so fun to think about but I got burned when we had our loss in august I had already started calling her Ava in my head.
  • Options
    @starkette my 5 year old is insisting it’s a boy and we should name him Maverick. Lmao. NO CLUE where he got the name and it’s not my taste. Lol
  • Options
    These are hilarious. We will not be asking our kids for their input 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Our girl name is solid- Theodora Nicolette.
    Boy names are SO HARD. We’ve got a long list of ones we think are “decent enough to name a human but we don’t love”. Right now our top two are Hudson (his fave) and Gavin (my fave). Baby will be joining big sister Eden!
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 to be fair I didn’t exactly ask, it was my first unsolicited advice this pregnancy 🤣🤣🤣 He also came up with Nick, surely named after Santa. 
  • Options
    @mrs-kay929 I love Theodora, how sweet! Would you call her Teddie as a nickname, or maybe Dora? 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit nickname will be Theo!
  • Options
    We have all S names. Mostly cuz it shortens my list, I’m terrible with choices lol! This is our 4th and we’re thinking Seth Georg for a boy or Shelby Lynn for a girl
  • Options
    @mama_bear30 one of my best friends is Shelby Lynn! Great choice 😊
  • Options
    I have had a list since before we started having kids. lol! We have sort of stuck to it. We do stick with a "yn" theme because my name has 2 y's and 2 n's in it and we find it special. Our kids names are: Carsyn (boy), Addysyn Ryleigh (girl), & Leightyn Paisleigh (girl). Our girl middle names have an "leigh" theme. This time we will stick with the "yn", if it is a girl we will stick with the themes and if it is a boy it will have my dad's middle name Edward since he passes away 5 years ago from cancer. Our first child is a boy and his middle name is Vincent. It is a family name from my father in-law's side. 
  • Options
    @Mommyj14 it's so nice having a clear direction and theme when thinking about names. The first baby is always so hard because you're setting a precedent...so many different possibilities. Your kids names are super cute.  <3

My daughter keeps trying to get me to tell her what names I like BUT every time we have found out the gender in previous pregnancies my name list completely changed. So this time I'm trying not to think too much about names or get too attached. Yes I have thoughts and a list from my last pregnancy, but I'm not placing any on a pedestal. 
  • Options
    I really don't like thinking this far ahead for names, but we decided to put Rory on our list for a girl. Rory Annette. Our first is Isla Jayne, Jayne being my mom's middle name. Annette is my MILs MN so we wanted to keep that going. No boy names yet
  • Options
    We definitely have a boys name, but we are stuck on girls! I think it’s mainly because I want to stick with B (I’m Brittany, my husband is Brandon, & the boys name starts with a B). But I cannot for the life of me connect with any B names for girls! I think it also has to do with the fact that I’m a teacher and many names are no-gos for me! 

@EmilyE13 I love the name Isla. Are there many that mispronounce it? That’s a big concern of mine! 

@on@onlygooddays08 Evelyn is an extremely popular name right now! That an Evie, Evey, etc. as a kindergarten teacher I’ve seen them aplenty! Still adorable though!
  • Options
    I love the name Ella Grace, but I probably won't be using it. I have an Aunt Ella, who is absolutely the sweetest woman on the face of the planet, but I have 6 other aunties who would be highly offended that I didn't consider their names. Grace is my best friend's name and I think it just flows beautifully. I also love Nora Eileen, as well as Fiona Jeanne. I haven't told DH about any of these names yet. Lol

For boy names, I've always loved Jacob as a first name. Same with Liam. I've got no clue yet, and we are not finding out the gender so it'll really be a birthday decision! 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I love your girl name choices! Nora was one of my top girl names, but then our best friends got a dog and named her Nora lol. I say screw those offended aunts! Lol. 
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris I know you tagged someone else but I'll jump in since my daughter's name is also Isla. Some people mispronounce it, but not many. It doesn't bother her yet and she's great about correcting people. I'm sure it helps that we live on an Island so people tend to assume how it's pronounced. 
  • Options
    @coffeeshay Thanks for chiming in! I really love the name Isla Jo, but it just doesn't seem to "fit" and I think that is because of the B theme in the family. HA. We will see once we find out the gender! 
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris for what it's worth, I think Isla Jo is adorable! 

What about Bailey?... B is tricky! Blaire, Bodhi, Bree, Blake... That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head ❤️
  • Options
    @coffeeshay Thanks!! I will add them to the list and see what the husband thinks! I'm starting to love the idea of Blake for a girl. I've had many students named Blake, but never a girl! Not only are Bs tricky, but being a teacher for many years... I have some names that are a hard no! 
  • Options
    @lindsaybelle my dad is from Ireland, so I get the whole spelling thing. My sister is the only one of us with a Gaelic name, Siobhan. There are so many people who can't pronounce it. I love the names Faye and Orla! 
  • Options
    @lindsaybelle college bestie is half Irish, her 2nd daughter has Fiadh for middle name!
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 could you use Elise Grace? I LOVE both and so close to what you initially had. 
  • Options
    @bre2022 I hadn't thought of Elise. I like Evelyn too. All these E girl names... the baby will probably be a boy, and we will name him Jacob or Stanley  or something 😆 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 - Ah Siobhan, I know the name well ! My niece's are Aoibhinn (Ay-veen) and Doireann (Deer-an) which I also think are beautiful, but they live in Ireland where they are more common. 

I also love your names. Grace, Fiona and Liam are beautiful! Fiona and Liam both being Irish names I tried to add them to our list too 😂

@anniemarie887 if my husband had his way we would use Fiadh with the "dh". I do think it's beautiful that way too, but maybe easier without. Or maybe I am overthinking it! 
  • Options
    @lindsaybelle when she was born and they confirmed the name via text she just put a cute note being like: Fiadh is pronounced Fia. And now it’s ingrained in my head! Felt easy for friends and family at least. 
  • Options
    meagan822meagan822 member
    edited January 2022
    A few of your daughters girl names are among some we like (mostly for middle names,) @starkette Fun to see a sweet child’s input! I saw a couple little girls discussing baby names with their Dad in the waiting room for my first prenatal and I couldn’t help but smile. The two little girls chose “Rosie Cutie” as their favorite, in case anyone here wants to use it!🤣

@paytonpedro I relate. I wrote a list of my absolute favorites, many being lifelong favorites, and my husband liked almost none of them at all. He especially disliked my favorite boy names. I told him he couldn’t just say he didn’t like any without providing input, so nearly a year ago I bought a baby name book with 10,000 names. We have multiple girl names we like. Definitely no more than 2 boy’s names that we would even slightly consider as a first. Here’s to hoping it’s a girl!! 

We will be keeping names a secret till birth too, but two I LOVED are Emmerson and Sebastian. I like a lot of old fashioned, elegant names. Those I am sharing because I guarantee he won’t come around and we have others to consider. 

My hope is to have The names narrowed down by the end of this trimester and picked by the end of next. That way it won’t stress me out being too last minute. I’m too much of a planner for that. 

Anyone else doing two middle names?! We definitely are planning too. We plan a small family, but I love names so it allows us to use a couple more. Probably a medium-longer and a very short one. Two first names can be very cute or a mouthful, but most people don’t use their middle names much. This way there can be more options for nicknames too! 
  • Options
    I have Irish heritage and we might move to Ireland in a few years so I’ve had Irish names on my mind but struggled with the phonetics when the kids are in the US. Love love love your picks!
  • Options
    Well, MH shot down Nora immediately. I asked him what he liked and he said "whatever you like." Um no, clearly not lol! He does like Ella. I haven't brought up Elise or Evelyn yet. 
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris I think Isla is beautiful. 

meagan-firsttimemommy8-22 I like Sebastian as well and I love the nickname bash. 

• Options
    @brittanynmorris Isla is my newest niece’s name and I am SO MAD my sister got it first! It’s a beautiful name. 

@meagan-firsttimemommy8-22 Sebastian! I love Sebastian so much. 

We had a little mini chat about names Friday night. MH likes Addalyn. Our moms both have Lyn(n) as their middles, so I like where his head’s at, but… I don’t like it. I did suggest Vera and Theodora though which he hated. My go to name site has been crapola for a while now so I don’t even know where to start anymore! The internet is TOO BIG! 😂😂😂

• Options
    @mangoandguava the bump has a baby name feature that I’ve found kind of helpful. FWIW I have also looked at other bmb’s name threads lol. I love unisex names for girls with a more traditionally feminine middle name. There’s also an app that you and your partner can download and it’s tinder style where you swipe yes and no on names and when you both like something it “matches”. My fiancé understands that if this baby is a girl he has little say in her name and likewise if it’s a boy I’ll let him have more control (kind of ) Lol. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream OMG TINDER BUT NAMES. I need that in my life. Off to find it!

• Options
    @Katek819 That’s so cute! @mangoandguava It’s a name I always loved. My husband is always like “Isn’t that the crab on the little mermaid or something ?”😅
  • Options
    We already know the name for ours…which is Samuel. It’s after my husband’s grandfather who has passed and was a strong patriarch. Middle name will be my grandfather’s name who has also passed. My daughter is Eleanor and we call her Ellie, so our kids will be Ellie and Sam.
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 My daughter's middle name is Elise. It's such a sweet, lovely name. 
    @meagan-firsttimemommy8-22 Oh I love Emerson! Sorry you're having a hard time agreeing with the hubs about names. It can be so hard finding a middle ground you both love! Luckily, we have time, right? We've thought about doing two middles if we have a boy (mainly because I can't decide between a few different ones) but we'll probably just do one since both of my daughters only have one middle name.
    @mangoandguava oh I love Vera. <3 My favorite name site is nameberry, what's yours?
    @buffythevampireslayer oh that's an adorable sibset <3

I'm really trying not to obsess over names since I know my opinions will change once we know the gender but if it's a boy we only have one name we like and...I don't know...it'll feel anticlimactic. lol. If it's a girl, I'll be agonizing over it because girl names are SO hard. I have very specific parameters and, well, only so many girl names fit into them and I don't super love any yet. 
  • Options
    @starkette NAMEBERRY!!!!! OMG is it back and behaving? I haven’t used it in so long, but it was horrible the last time I used it. It would crash and reload and I couldn’t do anything with it. If it’s back to normal I am headed STRAIGHT THERE!

• Options
    My husband won’t even talk about names with me yet. I know we have tons of time and we’re both still trying to be cautious in case something happens but on the rare occasion I try to be optimistic about everything going well and ask him what he thinks about a name he’s still pretty unresponsive. I know he’ll come around and get excited, hopefully soon after our MFM appointment and testing (assuming it comes back okay).