May 2022 Moms
Options

Symptoms - December

13Β»

Re: Symptoms - December

• Options
    Heartburn. Dear God. I had a tiny piece of lasagna for dinner and I feel like dying but it was SOOO good. ❀️‍πŸ”₯❀️‍πŸ”₯❀️‍πŸ”₯
    Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 
  • Options
    @runninginva yeah I'm only 2 years out and I feel exactly the same way. Plus so much heartburn lately.Β 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug @jandawg I’ve never experienced heartburn until this pregnancy but omg… Can’t afford to eat (heartburn). Β Can’t afford to starve (nausea). Can’t winΒ 
  • Options
    Any Mamas have any severe lower back/sciatic pain? I can't take a step right now without crying. 16 weeks. I don't remember having the pain this early with my first.Β 
  • Options
    @jmwall17 ugh the worse 😭 I’m sorry!! Heat has helped me. But what a pain!!
  • Options
    @jmwall17, yes! Definitely having lower back pain and it is rough! I took some Tylenol and I'm using a heating pad to try and alleviate it a little.Β 
  • Options
    @jmwall17 my back pain seemed to start super early this time! Stretching and warm baths help me. Also, if you have a foam roller (like for Pilates) they can be a life saver if it’s getting bad!
  • Options
    @jmwall17 heating pad, warm baths, stretching (very very important!!), Chiro, and massage have all helped mine. Also knowing your triggers and avoiding if possible...for me, long periods of sitting in the car (>20 min, so driving to work is super fun) and walking/standing a long time will trigger sciatic and low back pain. So I try to build in plenty of stops when I drive long distances, and try to sit down as much as I can if I know I'm going to be walking.
  • Options
    @jmwall17 I am at my prenatal chiropractor every 2 weeks already and it helps sooo much!!
  • Options
    @jmwall17 I look to the pelvic floor physio to fix all the things during pregnancy.

Anyone having hip pain at night? What are you doing about it? Sleeping on my sides is making me feel like my bed is made of concrete (and it's a pretty soft bed).Β 
  • Options
    @jandawg I had it bad with DD in third tri. So far it's not awful now. Basically I didn't sleep. I could get about an hour on each side, and by that point it was excruciating even not laying on them, so I alternated with back sleeping. Definitely use aΒ  pregnancy pillow and extra pillows to support back, belly, and feet if needed.Β  No other advice, my sciatica was poorly managed last time lol.Β 
  • Options
    @jandawg last time I used a wedge pillow and sometimes a reg body pillow to just sort of β€œtilt” my belly instead of laying full on my side. It helped.Β 
    Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 
  • Options
    I know it’s way too early for lightning crotch but holy crap something is going on and it just needs to chill. Anyone else dealing with this crap yet?
  • Options
    @skc040512 omg ditto!! I got a few and couldn’t possibly believe it could be that so early. They have gone away but last pregnancy, lightening crotch killed me! I can’t tell you the number of crosswalks I almost couldn’t get across when one hit while I was walking πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    Thank you Ladies for the advice!!Β 

• Options
    Just had the worst all night indigestion of my life that ended up with me vomiting. Called the midwife and she said it was possibly food poisoning but I think that's pretty unlikely.Β 

I guess dinner was pretty rich? I was feeling fine until about an hour before bed. Feeling better now though.Β 
  • Options
    I haven’t felt great in general the past couple days (probably from my stellar holiday diet + not drinking enough water) and today I’m fairly sure I started feeling some Braxton Hicks. I had them last time but it was much later on. I saw online it’s normal to experience them now / earlier so that helped ease my mind a bit, but still a bit disconcerting.Β 
  • Options
    @b_1029 when I was barely 16 weeks, my doctor asked me if I was having any Braxton Hicks because it can be super normal to have them very early in pregnancies after your first one. She said as long as you can get them to stop within an hour and that they aren’t super painful, it’s nothing to worry about. But yes! Would be surprising to feel I’m sure!!
  • Options
    @b_1029 they definitely happen earlier in later pregnancies! With DD2 and DS, I started having them around 20-22 weeks. This time…I think it was like 16-17 weeks. I’m generally, you just feel the discomfort a bit earlier, which is kinda a bummer
  • Options
    @coffeemamaaaaa good to know, I haven’t really been paying attention to how long they’ve been going on. It has been on and off all day. If it’s still happening tomorrow, I’ll try to pay more attention (especially since we will be driving back home from my parents’ house). Then I have an appt on 1/5 anywayΒ 
  • Options
    I don’t know about y’all but like, my hunger level Β has exploded out of nowhere. It’s 4:45am and I just literally HAD to get out of bed and heat myself a little bowl of pot roast bc it was so bad I was almost nauseous!Β 
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug I’ve had to get out of bed and shove snacks in my face at night because I’m suddenly so damn hungry! I guess they’re going through growth spurts!
  • Options
    fireflyz_56fireflyz_56 member
    edited December 2021
    The dizziness this time around is driving me crazy lately. I don't remember being dizzy with my first but it's so bad this time. If I get up too fast, I'm dizzy. If I go up the stairs, I'm dizzy. lol. I realize that me running around packing all the things and moving boxes etc (yes, I know, but it's just me and DH here to pack) isn't helping, but still. We sold our house and bought another, and I told DH this morning I am going to be the most useless moving assistant in a month if it's already this bad. :(
  • Options
    @fireflyz_56 omg I almost passed out the other night when I flipped my head over to dry my hair! Dizziness is crazy!Β 
  • Options
    @fireflyz_56 @MrsLaLaBug I had some crazy dizzy spells right when I hit the second tri! So annoying!Β 

Well I’m experiencing a new symptom I’ve never had or even heard of before. Geographic tongue. I had to freaking Google it because I thought I was having some kind of allergic reaction πŸ˜‚ basically my tongue is swelling in random spots and it looks CRAZY. Like parts of it look like I have thrush it’s so white and parts are bright red. It doesn’t bother me at all unless I eat something really salty/spicy or really acidic (good thing I’ve been craving citrus πŸ™„). Apparently it’s just caused by hormone changes but dude. It’s weird. Thankfully it seems to be clearing up and I can hopefully start eating all the oranges again lol
  • Options
    @skc040512 That is so interesting!! Never heard of that!!Β 
  • Options
    @skc040512 I have never heard of that either! I’m glad to hear it’s nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    Anyone anyone else get a sensation in the abdomen that feels like the muscle is being pulled? Not painful just uncomfortable and feels slightly numb/tingly for 2.5 seconds then is gone. Sort of like when you slightly pull something on the sole of your foot. So hard to describe but it’s different than round ligament pain because it isn’t painful and is on my actually abdomen not in the pelvic area. Happens when I’m doing something like picking up my toddler or just reaching for something. I didn’t have this at all during my first pregnancy.Β 
  • Options
    @jc0820 giiirrlll I’ll trade you my twin 18 week belly. I feel soooooo huge…. Also my hips are and back are so sore and hurt like someone ran me over a ton of times and like I’m carrying a ton of bricks… sleep has been none and I’ve been using the bathroom constantly laying on my side hurts laying on my back hurts and laying in about any position pretty much hurts at this point my feet also keep swelling.
  • Options
    @jc0820 I think it could still be RLP? If you look at where the ligaments wrap around and attach I think it does come up to your abdomen as your uterus expands.Β 
  • Options
    @jc0820 yes! Does it sort of feel like a spasm almost? I have been getting them and they take me by surprise. I thought my toddler had kicked me but realized his foot wasn’t even near me. I don’t remember it with my last!
  • Options
    At what point should I be concerned about Braxton Hicks? Or should I even be? I’m still feeling the baby move, but I feel BH all day. But when I actually touch my stomach, it’s not always actually hard??? What is going on with my body lol
  • Options
    @b_1029 Totally normal. The only time you should be worried about Braxton hicks is when both sides of your stomach starts having contractions and/or your water breaks. Typically BH is nothing to worry about, but, if it’s something you think is truly bothering you speak with your OB about it. With my first I started getting them around week 20 I totally freaked out the first time it happened. Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    @jc0820 I think I know what you're talking about! Like a twinge/spasm? I get them up high on my abdomen if I twist and reach for something at the same time. Not necessarily painful, but alarming like, 'whoah, that feels wrong!'. Goes away quickly though at least.Β 

@b_1029 Definitely not uncommon for BH right now! I was having some yesterday at work and asked our midwife who was sitting next to me about it as I didn't remember having them this early before. She said absolutely normal, especially if you've had multiple pregnancies. Of course like anything, if it doesn't go away after a period of time and increases in frequency/severity, its never a bad idea to call the OB and check in. 😊
  • Options
    @ashr223 @coffeemamaaaaa yes!! Always takes me by surprise! Thankfully goes away within a couple of seconds. I get a lot of round ligament pain (this pregnancy and my first) and this is a completely different feeling. Didn’t get it in my first pregnancy so I’m like huh! That’s different lolΒ 
  • Options
    I am so tired I don’t want to do ANYthing. Trying to decide if this is due to fighting illness, post Christmas crash, or just general pregnancy. Isn’t 2nd tri supposed to be like β€œenergetic” time? I literally cannot move.Β 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums right there with ya. I was thinking it was the holiday crash but idk. It’s 2:00pm and I literally haven’t moved today except to get water or snacks. πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I've been exhausted around 2pm most days, but get a second wind around dinner time.Β 

After a couple week break my headaches are back 😭 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums Β right with you. My app says right now most women have a burst of energy and I’m just sleepily over here waiting for that like hmmmmm. It also claims I’ll have a libido boost too πŸ˜† yea right I can hardly open my eyes.Β