May 2022 Moms
Options

Symptoms - December

All things symptoms go here! Hopefully some of those first tri symptoms are calming down for most of us now!! 

Re: Symptoms - December

• Options
    Omg I’m itching so bad the last few days. Not sure if it’s from pregnancy or the sudden onset of much colder weather where I’m at but it can stop now. I aways get dry skin at some point in my pregnancies but I’m about ready to peel my skin off right now.
  • Options
    @skc040512 me too! My legs are cut up from me scratching so much. I need to remember to use extra lotion now that it has started. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @skc040512 so far only on my belly and thighs. Idk how many times I have rolled down the waist of my pants thinking there’s something on them that’s irritating my skin… but no it’s just my skin 
  • Options
    @skc040512 oh god this has been my issue the past couple of days too! The cold weather typically does this, but I feel like it's 10x worse now. 
  • Options
    So…i think my heartburn has kicked in. I had it last time and had to carry tums with me 24/7
  • Options
    @And846 omgggg me too. Like I’ve never had heartburn my whole life - except when pregnant. I remember the first time I ever had it I wanted DH to take me to the ER bc I thought I was DYING. I had a little bit of pizza earlier and I think that’s what triggered it but I had not experienced it this time around until today and it hurrrrts 😩😩😩

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug its the worst. I had it so bad last time my OB has to give me an Rx because OTC stopped working. Now it’s starting and it’s either food specific triggered or if i eat too much in a sitting 
  • Options
    I can’t remember if there was a specific thread on dreams but I’m posting here. Last night I had the worst effing nightmare that I was back in high school. So many very specific memories came back in it and it was horrible. It was the first day of school this one popular girl was mean to me and then I had gym as my first period class 😂 WTFFFFFF DREAMS!!!! That was literally 15 years ago 😂😂😂
  • Options
    My hips are killing me by the time I wake up every morning. I also just toss and turn all night, I assume because of that too. 😩
  • Options
    @b_1029 I feel you! It’s like the divot in between my hip and my glute. I have been going to a prenatal chiro which helps - but it’s only ever 2-3 weeks and after a week I’m in pain again….
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I’m going to have to look into that if the back pin continues. I am struggling. Busted out the pregnancy pillow tonight in hopes that helps but of course I can’t find a comfortable position! 
  • Options
    jc0820jc0820 member
    edited December 2021
    I know it’s normal to get bigger faster second pregnancy but I seriously feel as big as I did at the end of the third trimester with my first. I feel heavy and big and uncomfortable and I’m only 16 weeks. Im convinced I’m either further along than I think, have twins they missed, or am terrified to be carrying a massive baby (I know most of those are unlikely since I had a scan at 6 weeks and it was spot on according to my last missed period) is anyone else in a similar situation? Please tell me I’m not going to give birth to a ten pound +++ baby 
  • Options
    @jc0820 don’t stress too much! I looked 9 months pregnant around 5.5 months with DD2 and she was 8.5lbs (still bigger than DD1, but not a huge baby). I was even bigger with DS (baby 3) and he wasn’t quite 7.5 lbs (DD2 was a week late and DS was a week early, so on track to be fairly similar in size). I swear this time I already look like I’m in the 3rd tri at 18 weeks lol
  • Options
    @jc0820 I think it’s just what normally happens for a lot of people with subsequent pregnancies. But everyone is different! 

• Options
    @jc0820 I am feeling the same over here! In the last couple of weeks my bump has really started to show. I'm trying to just remind myself that 2nd time pregnancies show earlier, but mentally I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet lol.
  • Options
    I know I’m like… I’m going to feel like I’m in my third trimester for 6 ish more months 🥲
  • Options
    @jc0820 I'm with you girl! I told my husband I'm pretty sure this is going to be a 12-pounder. And I'm only 15 weeks. 😭
  • Options
    @jc0820 I posted this somewhere else but I also feel like I’m as big as I was during my first pregnancy at like 25+ weeks but I’m only 16. Can’t imagine feeling or getting much heavier. 
  • Options
    Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. Impatiently waiting for my anatomy scan to see what’s going on in there. Blah I think im going to live in leggings the rest of my pregnancy.
  • Options
    @jc0820 omg I sooo relate! I am pregnant with #3 and have to mentally prepare myself when I tell people I’m 15 weeks to avoid the “omg I would have thought you were so much further than that!” comments…
  • Options
    @jc0820 same! This is #3 for me and earlier today I was comparing 16w bump pictures and I definitely look 20-22 weeks right now!
  • Options
    @jc0820 totally normal! With my second I got bigger faster than my first, for sure. My health tracker has a pregnancy mode and regularly “yelled” at me for putting on too much weight BUT I plateaued and stayed pretty steady from like 30 weeks on. My babies weighed effectively the same (7.6 and 7.7) and I put on the same amount of weight with both too (25-30#)! This time I am feeling like a whale already (and my health tracker is having a bird), but keep reminding myself I SHOULD plateau even earlier than last time?? And if I don’t, who cares. Babes is healthy and I have the rest of my life to maintain a healthy size/weight after babes is out.
  • Options
    jc0820 said:
    Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. Impatiently waiting for my anatomy scan to see what’s going on in there. Blah I think im going to live in leggings the rest of my pregnancy.
    At this point, I want to live in leggings for like the rest of my life 😂😂😂

• Options
    The midwife mentioned my abs were separating already (at 16 wks) and I feel like that didn't happen until like 25-30 wks last time? The body sure does remember!
  • Options
    @jandawg oh no! Diastasis recti?? I can’t remember if I’m spelling that right but I had it last pregnancy. No fun ☹️

• Options
    The belly itches.
    I randomly get lightning boob, as well as lightning crotch.
    Sleeping like absolute crap. 
    It's getting harder to get up off the couch or chair, and we're getting to the point where if something drops on the floor, it's gone forever
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug I don't think so, just regular separation? I haven't seen the pelvic floor physio yet this pregnancy so who knows.
  • Options
    @jandawg is it possible you simply weren’t completely healed from your last pregnancy and it’s just noticeable now that there’s a baby in there? I’ve never had full blown d.r. so I’m not totally sure how a diagnosis mid pregnancy works
  • Options
    @skc040512 I can't remember for sure, but I don't recall getting a d.r. diagnosis last pregnancy/post-partum so I don't think so 
  • Options
    I have had a mild to moderate headache like every day for like 6 weeks. I’m prone to headaches and during my previous 2 pregnancies they would come in waves of 4-5 days of headache then a couple weeks without. But this constant headache is relentless. Typically, my go-to is ibuprofen, but I can’t have that during pregnancy. I’ve been taking more Tylenol than I care to admit so I can carry on normal daily activities, keep up with my kids and go to the gym. I justify it that moving my body and being active must outweigh the negative effects of taking Tylenol…ANYWAY this morning I woke up HEADACHE FREE! Yay!! But with the most painful neck kink of life. It has me in tears 50% of the time. I’m useless with the kids. I haven’t gotten dressed. I’m in SO MUCH PAIN with the slightest movement. I’m super hopeful that this is the culminating event and that when the kink abates so will the never-ending headaches. Cross your fingers for me!! 
  • Options
    @annashaf ugh I'm sorry. Have you tried icing it or a heating pad?? 

Fingers crossed your headaches are truly winding down though! 
  • Options
    @annashaf I get horrible headaches from shoulder/neck knots and tension. Biofreeze helps or getting a massage where they only focus on that shoulder and neck area. I hope you get some relief and that the headaches stop for you!! 

• Options
    @pajamstagrams @MrsLaLaBug I have a special neck shaped heating pad that is “mamas only” and I see chiro and massage regularly for my neck/shoulders. I do yoga and stay hydrated. When not pregnant, they’re very manageable. But all my triggers are a lot more sensitive and amplified when there’s a baby in my belly. 
  • Options
    Heart burn/indigestion for me! Big time! Have never had it before I got pregnant and oh my it’s intense. Going to have to try Tums or something. 

I also can definitely feel my body stretching due to the pain I’ve been getting in my hips. 

On the plus side I’ve been able to feel her move! Only at night when I’m laying on my side, but was definitely not expecting to feel anything until 18-20 weeks. I’m 17+2 right now, but have definitely been feeling something since 16 weeks. 
  • Options
    @jandawg I had diastasis after my last pregnancy and I wasn’t great about doing any sort of exercises to help so it definitely wasn’t 100% before I got pregnant again. I feel like my stomach popped out immediately and I’m sure my abs are more separated than they should be right now. 
  • Options
    @annashaf ugh same girl. Like you, I know my triggers, avoid them, but there's just no avoiding the headaches entirely, especially if there is a hormonal component. I had zero luck avoiding my monthly period migraines, I could only just prevent them from getting worse. I felt great the day after my massage, but or course I screwed everything up again the following day and it goes right back to tension city. 
  • Options
    Ugh nausea is back the last few days and it is awful.  I had a good 3 weeks- month without any nausea.  Now I'm getting waves of it again all afternoon :(

Opposite a lot of you....I am not nearly showing at almost 16 weeks this time around (3rd kid) as much as I did with my last second pregnancy.  I lost all the baby weight and had gotten back into pretty good shape and my abs are seemingly functioning still somehow.  While it is nice to not be as big....its also kinda a mind fuck.....I keep worrying something is wrong because I :should: be showing more this time than with my previous pregnancies. 
  • Options
    I think I literally got up to pee 6 times last night. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Options
    My sleep is so bad now. I’m either up a couple times to pee or I’m not comfortable 
  • Options
    The frequent peeing is definitely a thing! Luckily I have been sleeping ok this week, unisom is a life saver except for the very weird, vivid dreams….