March 2022 Moms

PGAL 11/18

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL 11/18

• Weeks/EDD? 22+3 / March 21

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MMCs at 14 weeks and 10 weeks, CP and MC at 7 weeks

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically still super sick. Emotionally a little better every day since I'm feeling more and more movement all the time. I still spend every day waiting for something to go wrong though, but I'm definitely attached now and love being able to talk about him with the girls.

Any appointment updates? OB yesterday for scan results etc. Everything was great (I assumed since I didn't get any phone calls). Heartbeat was strong and he was kicking the doppler away the whole time. GP on the 29th and glucose test on the 2nd (I'm so worried I won't be able to keep it down:/)

Any big milestones? Just focusing on getting past 24 weeks now...about a week and a half to go...

Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone breastfeed while pregnant and develop an aversion? I nursed my oldest until she was almost 4 and was planning on nursing DD2 until she was ready to stop on her own, but the last week or so I have developed the worst aversion to her nursing. I'm hoping it disappears when baby arrives...?
  • @Panaceia I hate to hear that you’re still feeling so sick. But I’m glad your appointment went well yesterday and you’re feeling more attached! I don’t have any experience BF while pregnant, but I wish you luck and hope you meet your goals. Maybe it’s a hormonal shift and it’ll pass soon?

Weeks/EDD? 23w3d/ March 14

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Ectopic in 2016, MMC 2020, chemical 2021

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Today I’m feeling pretty good. I was really emotional on Tuesday, but woke up feeling clearer yesterday. Helps that I’m feeling some solid kicks and my hip pain has dropped from a 9 to a 5. 

Any appointment updates? Monday the 22nd for 24w check. 

Any big milestones? Kicks felt from the outside last weekend, and upcoming hitting viability on Monday. 

Rants/Raves/Questions natm

• Loading the player...
  • @Panaceia
    No experience breastfeeding while pregnant here either, though it was close. Literally found out I was pregnant a week after my son was weaned. We did start working towards weaning after his first birthday, too though, but he was ready. Little independent guy had been trying to drop sessions left and right already because he was so in love with solids.
     I wonder a similar thing as achanceintime. Maybe even your body is trying to prep colostrum for your baby boy and it’s conflicting with your girl’s mature milk? I don’t know. I hope you feel better though.

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD? 24 weeks +1 day, due March 9

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? PPROM in first pregnancy resulting in stillbirth, it was long and drawn out.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Still super tired, if it’s not my insomnia it’s DH waking me up by constantly thrashing around the bed like he’s wrestling a bear in his sleep. Pretty sure he’s so active because of his ADHD, but I don’t know.
    Emotionally, getting there. Viability is a relief, she moves constantly now which is great too. Still having rough moments here and there.

Any appointment updates? December 9(my birthday) for regular OB and Gestational Diabetes screening, December 13 at MFM for growth scan.

Any big milestones? Viability <3

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really important or related, but DS has been OBSESSED with his Frosty the Snowman book since early September. He wants to hear it every day and runs around bellowing “Ho Ho Ho” because he likes the part where Santa appears. He also thinks “Ho Ho Ho” is synonymous with “cold” as if anyone says they’re cold, he responds with “Ho Ho Ho!”
    Anyway, long backstory to say I found a Frosty the Snowman plush for him through Build A Bear and I can’t wait to give it to him and see the look on his face.
  • @Panaceia man, i'm so sorry you're still feeling so sick but glad you're feeling little dude and the connection. I'm having so much fun hearing DD's thoughts on having a baby around. 

@achanceintime Yay that your hip pain is better! And for those outside kicks... I think mine are coming soon too! 

@faithmovesmountains viability woooooo hoooooo! I hope you are through the most difficult part for you, emotionally <3 

Weeks/EDD? 22+4 3/20

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 2mmc 1 cp

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally, definitely on the upswing because the movement is so much more consistent. Physically mostly fine as well. Starting to get those annoying pregnancy aches and pains, but nothing too serious. 

Any appointment updates? had a repeat AS on Monday, everything was fine as far as i know. Placenta stuff causing some passive worry, but nothing to be done at this point. Nothing else till Dec 1 for OB check. 

Any big milestones? Not really, ready for viability like everyone. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? not  pgal related, but DD is sick and the poor thing is soooo miserable. She just fell asleep on the couch watching a move which, i kid you not, has never ever happened in her almost 3 years of life. I feel terrible for her. Also got my covid booster yesterday and i'm ok, but not feeling my best. and my arm hurts like a beeeeeeeeyotch lol 
  • @Panaceia I LOATHED nursing A when I got pregnant and have actually been wondering if I’ll even nurse this kid 😬 But I definitely think the hating it part is hormonal 

@achanceintime outside kicks are the best!

@faithmovesmountains woof nothing says happy birthday like a glucose test 

@morgantu poor DD, hope she feels better soon

Weeks/EDD? 25w 3/3

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC in April

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I haven’t been around this thread much, trying to hop back in. Just been crazy on my end

Any appointment updates? Gestational test on the 8th, probably the only preggo hoping to fail it

Any big milestones? Idk but 25w feels real, like this kid is coming 😳

Rants/Raves/Questions? Natm
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @morgantu
    I think I’ll start to feel better emotionally now.
    Hope your girl feels better!

@gembud
    I figure I’ll know whether or not to bother with cake and ice cream at least. Lol
    I hope things normalize and calm down a bit on your end.
  • @Panaceia happy for all the movement you are getting and hoping, by some miracle, your sickness alleviates in the near future. I have never BF while pregnant but I do know that BF aversions are a normal part of many people’s BFing journey. I hope you are able to meet your goals and know that doing what’s best for you will all be best for your babes.

@achanceintime good luck at your appt tomorrow ❤️ Can also commiserate with you on the hip pain.

@faithmovesmountains Im sure DS will love that gift! Kids are the best yo buy gifts for because the excitement is so pure!

@morgantu yay for more consistent movement!

@gembud Happy to see your post. Be kind to yourself. You have SO much on your plate (assessed from the tiny 1% I know about your life, but still.) Also, I think it’s totally cruel to be taking the GD test right in the middle of the holiday season. Hoping it goes the way you want.
  • Dropping in late this week.

Weeks/EDD? 24+3, March 10th

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC in April

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Feeling significantly better in all the above categories minus pulling a muscle in my left groin getting out of the car yesterday.

Any appointment updates? 28week appt and glucose test on Dec 17th

Any big milestones? Not really a milestone but getting so many strong kicks now that some of them are actually painful lol. And most can be seen from the outside now.

Rants/Raves/Questions? We changed babymoon/anniversary trip plans and decided to bring DS with us. Im actually super excited about this. We’re going to Asheville which apparently has sooo many Christmas activities going on this time of year. He has actually never been on a real vacation before so I’m stoked to get to give him this experience.
  • @night_nurse that sounds so fun, hope you guys have a blast!
  • @night_nurse I hope you guys have a great time! We’ve been trying to decide if we have the time to take at least a weekend trip with our son before baby gets here. He’s only been on 2 trips, but one of them he was only 9m old so he had zero memories and the other was a quick overnight to see my dad a few hours away. I love the thought of us doing one last adventure as a family of 3!
  • @Panaceia I 💯 relate to the waiting for something to go wrong feeling alongside starting to get more excited

@achanceintime feeling the kicks more consistently helps my anxiety so much 

@faithmovesmountains okay well that is just ADORABLE about your son and the hohoho=cold! Make sure to have a camera ready when you give him Frosty!

@morgantu I hope YD is feeling better soon!!!

@gembud wait... You hope to fail your GD test? Explain please.

@night_nurse that sounds so fun! I hope you have a good time on you baby moon trip!

I'll try to be back later for my own post if I remember to 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• 22 weeks today!

One of our twins was stillborn. We lost her at 35+1. I have a lot of anxiety that even making it late term and to "safe" gestation doesn't necessarily mean I will be bringing baby home.

Emotionally I am in a weird meh place. Physically I HURT! I have tendonitis in my right foot and OMG it is killing me but essentially all I can do is suck it up and suffer through it for the time being.

Next appt is on Monday in for our weekly dopplers.  One bonus of being high risk is getting to see babe so often. Literally at least once weekly from 18weeks onward.

Milestones: nah. 

Rant/rave: I'm so excited for Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday! 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• gembudgembud member
    edited November 2021
    @lurvleybunchococonuts DS (2y) was diagnosed as having type one diabetes last month so I would love to do blood sugar and insulin shots with him - definitely not something you usually hear a preggo hoping for 😂
  • @gembud I assumed that was your reasoning. Been thinking of you guys. Had a couple kids at work the last week with new-onset DM1. How is DS adjusting? And how are you dealing?
  • gembudgembud member
    edited November 2021
    @night_nurse He’s been doing really good, he got his CGM a few days ago which has been a life saver at night as the alarm wakes us when he goes low - and he always goes low at a different time so we would just check constantly and basically not sleep. He got his pump this morning so I’m majorly excited about that!! Right in time for thanksgiving 🙌🏼 But kid never complains even with all the shots and stuff, he’s been such a trooper. Life feels so much better now too that we have CGM and pump, just our new normal
  • @gembud ahhhh gotcha! That makes sense! What a little trooper! I would imagine having his insulin monitored and regulated has him feeling a LOT better.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @gembud i am so glad he was able to get the continuous monitor and the pump. I can only imagine how much of a difference that makes for both you and him. You are seriously superwoman. DS and new babe are so very lucky to have you as their mama.