March 2022 Moms

Randoms week of November 16

2»

Re: Randoms week of November 16

• @morgantu
    Aw, hope your girl is better soon.

@friends-fan
    Aw that sucks. :( I hope you all get to feeling better.
  • @morgantu sorry about DD hope she starts to feel better soon ❤️ Hope you guys can work out a nice day still at home on Thursday 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @morgantu hope she feels better soon!

• Has anyone else started Christmas decorating?  I feel like I feel like I’ve gone over board this year. 😬 Decorating is done, shopping is 90% done, and I’ve been wrapping as things arrive.  
  • @faithmovesmountains thank you!  Hope everyone your way is better soon also! 

@Sarah0335 I have partially completed shopping,  no wrapping.. and no decorations.  I'm seriously lagging this year.  I'm usually done the day after Halloween anymore 
  • @Sarah0335 I'm decorating today! Shopping is pretty much done though. I've never been so on top of things lol. 
  • @Sarah0335 Decoratinh was done by the 3rd and Xmas shopping has been done for a while. Just waiting on the last few things to arrive. No wrapping yet. We store everything in our house that is slowly being renovated, so I'll go up next week and sort through everything. Only the kids get gifts, but I need to sort out what will be from St. Nick, what will be from Santa, what I'm going to put aside for their birthdays and easter, and what I'm going to keep as gifts for them when baby arrives. I always go overboard with Xmas shopping because I start so early...so I just keep things back for other holidays...
  • @Sarah0335 We are opposite! I decorated for Christmas the first weekend of November - the earlier I've ever done! I just wanted to enjoy the decorations longer, and since we aren't hosting Thanksgiving, we just skipped to Christmas! I'm almost done shopping, just a few things to get. I make Shutterfly calendars for us, in-laws, and my parents, so that will be a project in itself collecting all the photos!

@Panaceia yay for 1st Covid shot! Is she excited? 

• @jennifer_m21 She is! Which is sooooo funny to me since she is soooooo bad with needles. But she hasn't been anywhere in almost 2 years so she is already planning a trip to the mall with Daddy once she is fully vaccinated. We'll see how excited she still is once we actually get there lol!
  • achanceintimeachanceintime member
    edited November 2021
    @faithmovesmountains so glad you’re feeling better!
    @morgantu and @friends-fan sad to hear your littles aren’t feeling well. Hope they both make swift recoveries! 
  • @Sarah0335 we have had all of the decorating done since the first weekend of November haha. That usually my birthday weekend and it’s become our tradition to decorate that weekend the last few years…it’s my birthday treat to myself haha. Shopping is only about 25% done though, so really need to get on that!
  • @Sara0335 This will be the first year that my husband and I aren't traveling to my mom and sister for Christmas. My birthday is literally Christmas day, so we try to spend it with my family (we do Thanksgiving with his) since it's important to us to be together not only for the holiday but for my birthday as well. This year, however, I don't really want to deal with flying from Montreal to Oregon. We are going to get our first ever tree this year and all of the little things that go along with it and my sister is going to gift us unbreakable decorations for the next year that she used with her son when he was little. I'm really excited to be able to decorate for the first time in my adult life (which is crazy since I'm in my 30s lol). We are about 90% done with shopping too. I'm glad we at least did that really early. I hope there are still Christmas trees left. lol. 
  • @animator_mama that’s awesome you will get to do your first Christmas decorating. My birthday is only a couple days before Christmas. It was always hard not getting a separate time to celebrate with friends. DH did a surprise dinner with my friends on my half birthday this year to try and make it special 🥰 Do you have plans for your birthday this year?
  • @morgantu oh I'm sorry DD is still sick! Any idea what it is? I hope she improves soon! It's no fair when they are sick! :(

@faithmovesmountains I'm glad you're feeling at least somewhat better!

@sara0335 our plan is to start decorating inside next weekend. (tree on Dec 4). But I've gotta get SOME lights up outside this week because our tradition is to turn them on Dec 1! But it's -25 today. So.... Not the best day to try to get them up... 😅
  • @goldfishcraker My dad put lights up yesterday and SO is likely going to put out our 2 giant bears that we put on the front lawn this weekend (that he added hockey sticks to...of course) but somehow the rest of our outdoor decorations got misplaced. I have a feeling my dad threw them out by accident 😐 
  • @morgantu DS also recently got over a cold and then after about a 2 day break, the cough came. Ack and he spiked a fever. Sometimes the sicknesses feel constant. 

@Sarah0335 We’re moving next weekend so we’re having to hold off on decorating. I normally use this week to decorate bc I’m a teacher so I’m home all week, so it’s been sad not to be able to start! Honestly, I feel like moving will probably take so much out of us, I’m not even sure we’ll be able to do anything besides tree and stockings. 
  • jessier19jessier19 member
    edited November 2021
    We are in the midst of potty training with my son (2 and a half) and gosh it is tiring. Cleaning up poop accidents is soooo gross 🤢 
  • Ughhhh... I am on the struggle bus when it comes to what to get MH for Christmas this year. Anyone have any brilliant ideas? 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm definitely no help. SO used to return every gift he got...so we only get gifts for the kids now 😆
  • @jessier19 oh no!  We began trying at 26 months then decided it was not time for DD yet.  She will go in the potty, but then she will also pee in the floor and tell me I need a mop 🙄  My patience needs more time LOL. 

@lurvleybunchococonuts @Panaceia I asked my husband for hints of what he would like this year, he gave me a list FRONT AND BACK 🤣🤣 of tools he can use for his garage (he does alot of mechanic work on the side for his family and friends) 
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts I struggle hard with DH. He is getting a pair of Vuori joggers and I might grab an Ember coffee cup (those ones that stay hot). If I was going to splurge huge, I would do an Ooni pizza oven as a family gift. 
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts DH is so low maintenance, he is getting a couple things he would never actually ask for but has mentioned throughout the year he’d like:
    A Commando wool sweater from LLBean
    A Movado watch
    Samsung Galaxy Buds+
  • We hosted thanksgiving which was just my dad, sister and nephew. 8 of us. But it was exhausting.

here’s my deal this week. I’ve gotten 4 emails per kiddos school that they have been “exposed and quarantine is recommended.” 
    My youngest has already missed 2+ weeks of school due to sickness and asthma. So I wasn’t about to keep him out when he had zero symptoms. 

Turns out he had a different plan and split hut eyebrow open. So we spent Tuesday night in the er and I’ve been playing catch up with a kiddo home since. 🤪

hope y’all’s boosters go ok! Mines in a few week. I’m interested in hearing how you feel after. 

I also love the nursery inso. I’ll just live vicariously through you ladies. Mines just taking over ds room. Lol
  • @faithmovesmountains hope you are feeling better!!

@friends-fan hope the stomach bug is gone for all! 

@mo@morgantu hope y’all are feeling better. Especially DD. 
  • I spent a really dumb amount of $ on a new glider because I hate the one we had for my son. But I’m justifying it because it’s also a recliner and will look nice in our living room once we no longer need it in the nursery. I’m not planning on telling DH how much I spent. 🤷‍♀️😬🤪

@313Meg ouch! Hope the ER visit wasn’t too traumatic! 
  • @rachelredhead My rocking chair was stupidly expensive...and it's just a rocking chair. It literally does nothing else. But I love it anyways. Hopefully that makes you feel more justified in your purchase!
  • @rachelredhead I’m so happy I spent a bit more for a rocker/recliner. It was comfy for extra long snuggle sessions and sleepy nights. (It wasn’t a super spendy one but I’m glad I bought it instead of the traditional nursery glider!)
  • @Sarah0335 sorry, I got so busy this week.  I meant to respond earlier.  We can be Christmas birthday buddies!  Lol. I think my husband is planning something,  but I am happy to just take it easy this year.  Lol. What about you? 
  • Thank you all for the gift ideas! @goldfishcraker I LOVE the 12 bottles of wine date night idea!!! That's so fun!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts it was really really fun! DH and I hadn't spent ANY couple time since DS was born so it was a good excuse to work on keeping our relationship healthy. It was fun and exciting and we found some new things we enjoy!