March 2022 Moms
Options

Randoms week of November 16

edited November 2021 in March 2022 Moms
Whatcha got going on?

Re: Randoms week of November 16

• Options
    @nursejenn5 totally understandable to be nervous! Both about side effects and the possible exposure for DS!

I'm planning to get my booster soon too. I got my first 2 back in Jan. If I'd still been working my normal job, I would have been eligible for booster 6+ weeks ago, but since I'm not on the street, I just became eligible last week.
    Talked to OB on Friday and he says any time outside of first tri is a good time. 
    The last one knocked me on my butt for 10 hours. So I anticipate a similar day of icky.
    I kiiinda wanna wait a few more weeks, just because my brain thinks baby will have antibodies for longer if I do it closer to delivery? But I don't know if that's legit haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 @goldfishcrakerI'm getting mine today! Hoping for no big side effects for any of us (though my hospital offers a "vaccine sick day" if we are too sick to come in). 

DD was home sick yesterday with a cold so i'm back at work trying to get caught up today.. but my boss needs me to facilitate a zoom for her (lol not in my job description, but she gets really freaked out about it). So i'm catching up on these threads while not paying attention to the meeting :) 
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker DD1 used to get really cold during swimming lessons too so they suggested we get her a long sleeve swim shirt...if you haven't tried one it made a HUGE difference for her in the pool! And congratulations on the exam results! That's amazing!!!!
  • Options
    @realhousewife519 ohhh beautiful! The bottom wallpaper is especially stunning. 

@jenis_fan_for_life so pretty! I really like the dark dresser and crib. I feel like those will be timeless and will grow with her. The wallpaper too actually! 
  • Options
    Maybe we should start a nursery thread! This could be fun to see everyone’s ideas. 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 sorry for the covid scare. Although DH and I are both vaxed and boostered we too worry about our 3 year old. I had awful side effects from the first two shots in Dec/Jan but had absolutely zero ill effects from the booster back in Sept. just a sore arm. The lack of symptoms actually made me pretty anxious to check my antibody level 3 weeks after the booster and thankfully it was sky high. At one point I entertained the thought that the nurse just put saline in my arm 😂
  • Options
    @jenis_fan_for_life love that wallpaper!! 
  • Options
    @jenis_fan_for_life
    That wallpaper is so cute!
     I wish we were allowed to paint or paper the walls, but DH and I rent an apartment so that’s a no go.
    We have to settle for posters and such. Lol
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 we do have a nursery thread- just bumped it so it should show up for ya! :) 
  • Options
    @morgantu how are you feeling after your booster?
  • Options
    DS had a rough night last night. Had to go in 4 times for cuddles. Probably nightmares.

To his credit, DH dealt with the brunt of it! DS then stayed in bed ridiculously late. I was WFH but ended up going to wake DH up at 840 because DS had been banging the walls for a long time, and the hallway reeked of poop.

So got to deal with a poop-splosion this morning.
    Kiddo has been daytime potty trained for 5 months. But thank goodness we haven't gotten rid of night time diapers yet because that would have been a nightmare!
  • Options
    Also, we have friends in BC. They are dealing with massive floods and mudslides right now, and people are being evacuated, cities are without power, and are cut off from supplies.

Our friends are safe, but their smallish town has been sent a bunch of evacuees, and their grocery stores are literally bare, gas stations are dry, there is no TP...

We found out 2 nights ago, and secretly sent them a care package.
    I was super disappointed to learn after ordering, that it wasn't going to arrive for almost two weeks. But got notification that it shipped last night and will be there by Friday!
    Hopefully it actually can reach them, with all the roads washed out...
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker thanks for asking, i was just writing about it over on the PGAL thread! I'm ok today. My arm hurts pretty bad, which was also my biggest complaint after the first dose. I don't feel *great* today, but I'm making it. Decided to WFH because i didn't sleep well and just wanted to be comfy and work from my couch, but then DD's daycare called and i had to go pick her up cause sh had a fever...So good thing i decided to stay home and am also functioning lol
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 Oh my gosh!  I just checked this website and I'm in love!  Thank you!  I'm so excited 
  • Options
    Here's a Friday BF haha

Yesterday, my boss had me do a new thing to help out.
    She wrote out and sent step by step instructions.
    I followed them.

It took 3 hours, but I got it done before the end of the day. Sent it off to her boss for approval.

Turns out, she forgot to tell me the final 2 steps in the process, so everything is done wrong, and I don't even have the proper program on my work computer to do it properly.

Now I have to redo it all.

I know...super minor in the grand scheme of life. Unlike my normal job, an error didn't kill anyone.
    But I'm annoyed that she keeps saying "you forgot to do these 2 steps. That's why it didn't work!"
    No, my friend. Check the instructions you sent. I can't "forget" something I've never been told...
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 the KB joggers are life! I should buy some new ones just…because. 😂 I feel like they hide stains a bit too well because I can definitely live in them for daaaaaays. 
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker I would be SUPER annoyed by that!!!! Sorry you're stuck redoing all the work:/
  • Options
     Sorry to vent, but it’s late and I seem to have food poisoning. :/ I feel like a bad mom because I caved and agreed to subs for dinner earlier even though mine was just veggie and now I feel miserable and I’m hoping this doesn’t effect baby girl.
     I just need somewhere to express what I’m feeling because I’m kind of a mess right now.

• Options
    @faithmovesmountains oh my gosh that is awful! I'm sorry you're sick! I know how Terrible food poisoning is! Yuck! Hopefully you can keep clear fluids down at least! If not, call the OB or go in for hydration. I hope it doesn't last too long! :( 
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains sorry to hear this! Food poisoning not pregnant sucks, everything when pregnant is 1000x worse. Hopefully it passes quickly 
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains I'm sorry 💔 I'm sure baby girl is just fine though! I had food poisoning with my first and my doctor said it doesn't affect babe at all. Just do your best to stay hydrated. I hope it doesn't last long and that you feel better soon ❤❤❤
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains wishing you a speedy recovery! As others have said, try your best to keep hydrated. I’d also say, keep your OB updated and have a low threshold in asking for IV fluids if you think you might benefit. I needed IV fluids after a stomach virus about a month or so ago and it helped me feel so much better so much faster!
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains oh no! I can’t imagine how miserable that it. Take care of yourself, and don’t hesitate to ask for fluids if you think you may need it!! Praying you feel better fast. 
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains  Oh no, so sorry that is so rough! You are absolutely not a bad mom, I hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains Don't feel bad, You are absolutely not a bad mom!  I actually had subs last week and was up sick all night. Mine mustve been a 24 hour bug DD brought home from daycare. She ended up with it the next day.  I was so concerned, thinking I had harmed baby boy.  I just kept reminding myself to stay thoroughly hydrated as well as I could.  I hope you are feeling better by today and have been able to get some much needed rest 💜  
  • Options
    Thanks all. DH was sweet and called off work today to help with our son so I could rest. He usually doesn’t offer, so I guess I worried him. Got up just recently and still don’t feel great, but hoping the worst is over. Will definitely stay hydrated.
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains ugh, that is the worst! But high five to your husband for recognizing you need some support as you recover! I hope you feel better as the day goes on.
  • Options
    I  am 22 weeks along now. My nausea started to subside at week 15 but is back a little now.i did not have nausea during the 2nd trim in my first pregnancy.  Is it normal for nausea to come back at this time??
  • Options
    @gayu1107 Torally normal! I'm sick all the way through but it definitely picks up significantly around 22 weeks for me every time...Sorry you're having to deal with this ❤
  • Options
    @gayu1107 totally normal! I’d suggest you touch base with your OB - Sometimes nausea can increase later in pregnancy due to reflux, so they may have options for relief for you! 
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains I'm so glad DH took the day off so you could rest! Hopefully you're feeling better soon. Any chance he can stay home again?
  • Options
    DD is sick..again? Still? i can't keep track. We thought she was better after last week's rsv/fever but she spiked a 101 fever again last night and is a little sad sack today. Poor thing. I'm afraid we are going to have to cancel our thanksgiving plans (lots of DH's family is old/sick) which will be sad, but I'm not willing to put them at risk. My mom caught whatever DD has and has been totally miserable for the last 4 days. DH's grandpa couldn't tolerate it. H is stalling on the decision, but i think it's pretty clear we won't be able to go. :(
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains Thankful to hear you are feeling better today!  

@morgantu Oh no!  That is no fun!  I hate that you may have to cancel plans, but you are right. Better to be safe than sorry.   I just picked DD up from daycare.  She was there an hour before they called that she had vomited twice already 😒  So now we are at home with what I assume is a stomach bug.  I've been nauseous the past couple days and attributed it to pregnancy, so maybe not.