July 2022 Moms

***TW*** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support Thread

Re: ***TW*** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support Thread

• @francesgs what an emotional roller coaster. What wonderful news! So glad you’ll still be here with us!! ❤️
  • @francesgs YAY!! So happy for you 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • @francesgs wow what a roller coaster!! Are you measuring right on track then? HCG can be so weird, and maybe somehow baby was just hiding the first time. Hoping everything continues looking great for you!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 According to my lmp I am supposed to be 6w6d but I am measuring 6w3d. My dr assured me that it is measuring within normal range. I am not sure where it was a week ago.. I would like to know lol it would have saved me a lot of stress and sadness. 
  • @francesgs that's fantastic! Measuring a few days behind is totally normal. I think in some cases even being a week behind isn't cause for concern - presumably if you are sure you ovulate later/have longer cycles.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • kgf2022kgf2022 member
    edited November 2021
    Hi all! I am pregnant via IVF just a little over 5 weeks. I am doing progesterone suppositories. I had light spotting last week and went away but today I had substantial amount of thick brown spotting. Has this happened to anyone?
  • I wanted to update everyone in case it’s helpful. I went in today and it turned out to be an SCH 🙏🏻
  • @knottieca3e4ef9ddae1d28I’m glad everything is on with the baby! Hopefully the SCH won’t cause you too much trouble!
  • i! I’m almost 6 weeks and have been spotting on and off. There is no rhyme or reason to it, sometimes heavier sometimes light but the consistent thing is that is soooo dark. I had a weird rush of red blood and was convinced I MC’d but it stopped and wasn’t more than a few wipes. I’ve had 2 miscarriages prior and am a nervous wreck. My doctor checked my levels 48 hours apart and they’re rising normally and I still have symptoms (nausea, sore boobs, etc). My doctor seemed so unconcerned but I am having some light cramping (with some weird like lighting bolt feeling cramps from time to time). Should I be worried about ectopic? Any positive stories? 
  • @lbolt2020, if it's just spotting/light bleeding it could be totally normal, try to hang in there!  When you're pregnant, your overall blood volume increases dramatically, and the blood volume in your abdomen goes up quite significantly.  It's more common with subsequent than primary pregnancies, but the capillaries around your cervix can become more sensitive leading to increased bleeding/spotting.  

The fact that the bleeding has been relatively light and stopped is good!  That your HCG levels are rising normally is also good!  Do you have an apt scheduled for an ultrasound?  An ultrasound with a heartbeat detected is a very positive sign.  I'm not sure what the details of your loss history for either mc are (and you certainly do not have to share), but generally speaking your odds of mc drop dramatically after a HB has been detected.  

On a personal anecdote, I was experiencing bleeding similar to what you described toward the middle/end of 5 weeks.  My HCG levels came back normal and I went in for an ultrasound a few days later and they were able to locate the yolk sac and a heartbeat.  All positive signs.  Since then, I have experienced more bleeding, but it stopped and I have no indication that anything is amiss.  My next u/s is on Monday.  For me, in both cases I can date back to incidents within 3 days prior to the bleeding that might have caused irritation to my cervix to trigger the bleeding.  

Try to hang in there, believe me I know how scary scary is, but there's a decent chance the bleeding your describing is just normal cervical bleeding (similar to a nosebleed).
  • @zwink1 thank you so much for this detailed response. I am trying to keep my head up, just have a hard time expecting the best. My last MC occurred at 10 weeks, found out at my 12 week appointment and I had no bleeding whatsoever so we were pretty blindsided. There were weird signs though, they had a hard time dating the due date correctly which makes me think it wasn’t growing in target. The previous one was around 6-7 weeks and started with brown spotting. My own experience tells me bleeding doesn’t necessarily mean a MC lol, still struggle with it even knowing that.

I found out after my last MC that I have a retroverted uterus, and I’m not sure if that matters at all but did want to throw that in there as well. My next appointment isn’t until the 15th. My doctor asked me yesterday if I would feel more comfortable coming in earlier and I initially said no but now I’m thinking yes. I haven’t had anything that would cause irritation though. I am praying for us both to have very sticky, full term healthy babies! I do get the sense that this one is STRONG because the symptoms have been more intense than any previous ones. 
  • Had my first appointment today and it did not go so great. According to my LMP, I should be 9w5d, but the ultrasound tech could not find baby on traditional ultrasound, so tried transvaginal. She found the sac and baby just looked like a little grain of rice, no detectable heartbeat. She said it looks like I’m measuring 6w1d and asked how regular my cycle was. It was a little irregular, but I got my positive test on October 30th so I don’t think it’s that my dates are off by a month. I’m heartbroken. HCG test came back at 8000ish. Supposed to get it tested again in 48-72 hours, but of course that falls on Saturday/Sunday and nothing is open. Waiting to hear back if I can make an appointment for Monday to see if my levels are trending or not, but I just don’t feel positive about it.
  • I’m so sorry @ladykaty91. I’ve been in your shoes and it’s an absolutely awful feeling. I hope your levels go up and this is some kind of a fluke. Sending lots of love 💕 
  • @ladykaty91 I'm so sorry for your news. That same exact scenario happened to me back in August. It was rough for sure, but you're strong. ❤
  • @ladykaty91 I'm so sorry. I know from experience how lonely it feels going through this type of thing, but you are not alone. You are deeply connected to so many other people who have gone through this type of loss too. Feel free to DM me if you need any additional support or someone to connect with. ❤ SENDING LOVE ❤ 
  • Had my first appointment today and should be around 7w5d but measured 6w4d and no hb. I know when I ovulated so we are pretty devastated. Was not the outcome we had hopped for. 
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • @ladykaty91 so sorry you’re going through this. I had a very similar experience today. 😞
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • Sending love @jkmix21! I don’t know anything to make this hurt go away, but so thankful for this group
  • @jkmix21 and @ladykaty91. Ladies I am so sorry you are going through this. My heart goes out to you both. Big hugs 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @ladykaty91 @jmix21 I'm so sorry. Sending hugs
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @jkmix21 I’m so sorry. 😢 (((hugs)))
  • @lbolt2020, I'm sorry that you've had to go through all of that and I'm hopeful for you that this time is different.  

I think if they can get you in sooner you should absolutely do that.  At the very least it may provide some clarity.  
  • @jkmix21 and @ladykaty91, I'm so sorry for you both.  My thoughts are with you. 
  • I had a transvaginal ultrasound yesterday and I have spotting today. It’s light so far and normal I think (I hope). At what point should I really worry? I’m already terrified despite really trying to be rational about it.
  • Update: the bleeding was caused by a subchorionic hemorrhage. I had an ultrasound which showed a gestational and yolk sac which they said looked good but was missing the fetal pole which could mean something bad or could just mean I’m not as far along as they originally thought. I’m 6 weeks and 1 day, ultrasound tech said it’s somewhat common and that within a week it could be there. I went to the ER because bleeding continued and I started having left side pain, now I’m sure I’ll be a hit with a horrific ER bill 😩. HCG levels were at around 13,000. Glad it’s not ectopic but ugh now something else to wait for and worry about. 

I am so sorry to read about some of your losses. Please know you’re not alone in the pain, I have suffered 2 and it never gets easier but knowing I wasn’t alone was helpful. 
  • @ladykaty91 and @jkmix21 I’m so sorry ladies. I’ll be holding you and your babies in my heart. 
  • @msspoon12 That's so scary!! I'm so glad to hear that you didn't receive bad news in the ER. If you have fibroids it could've just been your body getting rid of one to make more room for the babies.
  • @peppylilfoxy I'm sorry you're in this stressful situation, and I'm sending all the hugs and positive energy your way <3
  • @peppylilfoxy oh no you're in my thoughts! Sending lots of positive vibes ❤️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @peppylilfoxy sending you so many positive thoughts and prayers!
  • @peppylilfoxy my heart goes out to you mama. FX everything turns out ok 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @peppylilfoxy we are all praying for you 🙏🏼❤ 
  • Thinking of you both @peppylilfoxy. Sending lots of love and prayers. ❤️
  • @peppylilfoxy 🥰🥰🥰 happy to hear your baby is doing okay. Stay in there lil baby and keep on growing! This whole Bump Board is pulling for you, your parents, and your carrier too! ❤❤❤
  • @peppylilfoxy. So glad you got good news. I imagine any blood is scary, but SCHs are pretty common, and they typically clear up on their own. Hopefully you won't get any more scares!
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• I’ve continued to have spotting this week despite the dr putting me on pelvic rest. I called them this morning and the dr wants to see me. Hoping everything is ok!! This all started after my TV ultrasound last Friday and hasn’t stopped so I’m nervous.