February 2022 Moms
Options

GTKY 10.26

Answer any or all! Whatever you feel like!

What quirky things do people do where you are from?
Would you rather have unlimited paid for sushi or tacos?
What's your favorite way to relax?
Have you ever been on a blind date?
Where's the prettiest place you've been?

Re: GTKY 10.26

• Options
    Would you rather have unlimited paid for sushi or tacos? Tacos!!

What's your favorite way to relax? Honestly, diving in deep with an RPG video game. I miss being able to spend hours playing Fallout or WoW!

Have you ever been on a blind date? Not technically. My husband and I met online, messaged a bit that first night, texted a couple times (literally a couple of texts), then went on our first date that week.

Where's the prettiest place you've been? Honestly, the coast and drive from Vancouver to Whistler was stunning. But I’m also totally enamored with most of the Rockies, BANFF, and the town I lived in in France.
  • Options
    It can be in the negative temps and actively snowing and people will still be walking around with an iced coffee in Boston.
    Tacos for sure!
    In my jacuzzi - big upgrade from last time I was pregnant (just like a jetted regular tub, not a hot tub, so I can still use it safely)
    Nope!
    Maybe a tie between Interlaken and Banff!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eat fry sauce (a mixture of mayo and ketchup)

Tacos!

Sitting on the couch, warm blanket, tv or book.

Yes!

Lucca, Italy and St. Lucia
  • Options
    @ninrms I'd love to go to France one day!
    @kaf1788 Oh yes! People here in Utah will wear sandals all winter.
  • Options
    What quirky things do people do where you are from? in Seattle, people compare Subarus and hiking/camping gear lol. Also we are very opinionated about coffee.
    What's your favorite way to relax? I love to read. give me a blanket and a couch and I'll be happy for at least 4-7 hours.
    Where's the prettiest place you've been? having a hard time remembering overall but right now I'm really nostalgic for the crisp, sunny autumns of upstate NY!

@ninrms oooh France does sound lovely, I'd also love to go! also count me in for being sucked into videogames.
    @kaf1788 that tub sounds AMAZING, also lol at Boston, I don't understand iced coffee (or ice cream, frappuccinos, etc) once it's cold outside
    @lexilougolden oooh have you been watching anything good lately??

• Options
    @lexilougolden my grandma used to mix ketchup and mayonnaise together and put it on salad! She called it Russian dressing- not sure if it’s actually a Russian/Jewish thing or just a her thing lol. It sounds much better on fries.
  • Options
    @ninrms I used to play WoW with my husband back in the college days. He’s still a gamer, but plays various PC PvP games now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What quirky things do people do where you are from? I have no clue, I’ll have to think of this one. Wear shorts in winter? Lol 

Would you rather have unlimited paid for sushi or tacos? Tacos, 100% 

What's your favorite way to relax? Sitting on the could doing mind numbing stuff, TV, phone, reading. 

Have you ever been on a blind date? I don’t recall any. 

Where's the prettiest place you've been? Probably Alaska, the glaciers are so pretty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What quirky things do people do where you are from? I feel like this should be easy being Canadian lol I can’t think of anything. 
    Would you rather have unlimited paid for sushi or tacos? Sushi
    What's your favorite way to relax? I love sleeping in/hanging out in bed doing nothing or watching a movie.  
    Have you ever been on a blind date? I have not 
    Where's the prettiest place you've been? Golden Coast Australia 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @lexilougolden I definitely recommend visiting France! Paris is absolutely worth seeing, but southern Frane is gorgeous and charming. I’d love to explore more of the country someday.

@chgilmore My husband is from Seattle and I’m from the Midwest—I used to tease him when we started dating that the cultural differences were too great for us to overcome. We live in the Midwest now (though I’d rather be west—CO or further), and I still tease him about some of his Seattle quirks (which I seriously love).

Also, yes to video games! I used to play a lot more before my toddler. When he was born we finally bought a switch and I played lots (hello middle-of-the-night feeds). I still haven’t gotten back into PC gaming yet, but occasionally get stints on the switch. @alylove11 So fun about WoW! I played briefly when it first came out, then about six years ago my husband and his friends resurrected their college accounts and we played for about a year together. I still miss it lol.

• Options
    What quirky things do people do where you are from?  Ranch on everything? Chili and cinnamon rolls? (I do not support this combination, 100% chili and cornbread family) 

Would you rather have unlimited paid for sushi or tacos? Tacos every day! 

What's your favorite way to relax? Zone out on my phone or with a blanket and a book or movie. 

Have you ever been on a blind date? Nope

Where's the prettiest place you've been? Oh gosh, I really have no idea. 
  • Options
    What quirky things do people do where you are from? I’m in Florida but from Michigan. We add ‘s’ to the end of everything like Fords or Meijers or Krogers. There’s no s. 
    Would you rather have unlimited paid for sushi or tacos? Tacos
    What's your favorite way to relax? Bath
    Have you ever been on a blind date? No
    Where's the prettiest place you've been? Probably northern Michigan in the fall. 
  • Options
    What quirky things do people do where you are from? They walk your car down the driveway while you’re trying to leave. 

Would you rather have unlimited paid for sushi or tacos? Tacos!

What's your favorite way to relax? Napping without interruption or reading a book on my bed. 

Have you ever been on a blind date? Kind of? My friend set me up with one of her friends, but I made her come with us. He was 100% not my type. 

Where's the prettiest place you've been? Cebu, Philippines was amazing to visit. I would go again in a heartbeat.