February 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10.11

How's this week turning out for you?

Re: Weekly Randoms 10.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JWatt5 Congratulations on your first niece! I’m glad she arrived safely. 
  • Options
    Last night I put my 1 YO down for bed at 7, I went to bed at 10, and almost immediately he starts to cry, and he sounded different sonI went to get him and he just sounded AWFUL, like gasping almost. He has had a little bit of a runny nose the last two days, no fever, but he sounded terrible sonI took him to the ER and he has croup. His oxygen was fine and they said croup usually sounds a lot worse than it is, so they gave him a steroid and sent us home around 1230. He fell asleep on the car ride home and slept all night but I am exhausted. 😴😴 FX this goes away quickly. They said 3-5 days usually.
  • Options
    @modoodles I hope he feels better soon, and you’re able to get some rest! That is so scary when it happens. 
  • Options
    @modoodles Oh I'm so sorry! I bet that was scary. I hope he recovers quickly and you're all able to rest up!
  • Options
    @modoodles I hope he feels better soon! It can  be so scary when the littles are sick
  • Options
    Thanks @makingbacon @ninrms and @kaf1788
    He is pretty happy this morning and doesn't sound bad at all 🤷‍♀️ I'm happy my husband has a 3 day weekend starting today, I'm definitely going to take advantage of him being here so I can get some extra sleep. 
  • Options
    @modoodles poor little buddy :( I hope you get some good sleep and he stays feeling better!
  • Options
    Has anybody actually found that second trimester energy? Does that actually exist when you have other kids? I work half days on Fridays but I end up not being productive at work or at home or literally doing anything at all because I’m so zapped at the end of the week. I’m starting to feel irrationally guilty about it- my husband asked if I want to go to the park with him and Samson but I literally can’t imagine getting up and doing anything right now. Just walking up the stairs to pee feels like a huge undertaking. I don’t know how I’m going to do another 18 weeks 😫 (thank you for coming to my pity party)
  • Options
    @kaf1788 @ninrms
    I'm the same. I’m just exhausted the last 3-4 weeks. My husband suggested going out to dinner knowing it was a long week and I said no thanks - I’m just so wiped out. Work has been crazy busy, I’m worried I’m dehydrated or low iron or something - I’m just not feeling great. I’m winded so easily. I’m only 23 weeks…😩
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @modoodles croup is awful. It’s not fun. My son was “coup susceptible” so we got it (and an ER trip) yearly for my sons first 4-5 years. 

afm sorry I’ve been MIA. Just came back from a 4 night Disney Cruise and it was (mostly) fantastic. It was relaxing, I got to nap a lot. My parents came so once the kiddos were in bed, they were more than happy to stay in the room so hubs and I could explore. We stayed out late (for us) almost my nightly. 

Except today. We had an early debarkation time (😩) so a 7am breakfast call time. Which sucked, but it was what it was…. Until my mom became weird and hubs got mad (felt like he was being attacked) and he didn’t eat and left and took an Uber home. 🙄 it was a $200 temper tantrum. And my mom is my mom. She’s △⃒⃘lways crazy. We normally ignore her. So… vacation ended on a bad note 😔

And I have a busy weekend ahead. I’m taking Draken and Brielle to their first concert tomorrow, Jonas Brothers. Brielle has tball in the morning. My parents fly out so I have to take them to the airport. Then Sunday Brielle has a dance recital. It’s 8p and im already in bed. I will be here when able this weekend 
  • Options
    @ninrms @JWatt5 @kaf1788 +1 to the missing energy in second trimester party. I also feel like I got a small increase at the beginning because the nausea went away. Occasionally I'll get bursts where I can be productive but that's mostly for nesting. I have the privilege of being at home, self-employed with a husband who can afford for my business to go at a slow pace and two pets who are fairly low maintenance. Anyone working a set schedule, with other kids, without a partner, etc is a warrior goddess 

@angelz429 I'm glad the trip was mostly good but sorry it ended that way. Sounds like there's some history there. I hope you get some rest as you adjust back to post-vacation life <3
  • Options
    @angelz429 I really miss cruises. Cannot wait to plan one again. How did it feel in relation to covid? Fairly safe? Sorry that it ended on such a bad note- that sucks. Also- your weekend sounds exhausting! Hopefully you can rest up a little too!
  • Options
    @chgilmore @JWatt5 @kaf1788 @ninrms I’m with you guys on the low energy. I get bursts, but even after a day of just doing chores I’m tired. Also thankful for my support system because I’d be wiped without it! 
    @ninrms same! I only work part time too, Friday and Saturday morning every week, and have 1 kid, and a supportive husband. I really feel for all the full time working, moms of multiples! 

@angelz429 those restrictions sound pretty good! Glad you enjoyed your trip, but sorry your fam was being difficult at the end. 

@modoodles hope your kiddo feels better soon! Thinking about you guys. 
  • Options
    Oh no! Thinking of you and Samson today @kaf1788
  • Options
    @kaf1788 thinking of you today!
  • Options
    @kaf1788 thinking of you today! Sorry y’all are having a rough time:/ 💕
  • Options
    @kaf1788 I’m so sorry this is happening! Thinking of you today and this week while he works towards healing. 
  • Options
    @kaf1788 I'm sorry! That's a lot! I hope he feels better soon and you can get the rest you need.
  • Options
    @kaf1788 hoping for a speedy recovery <3
  • Options
    @kaf1788 so glad to hear it isn't anything super serious and that it sounds like he's on the mend!