Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 9/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 9/30

• Month/Cycle: 29/2 AL

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: well here’s a cool coincidence! It turns out my best friend’s sister went through IVF at the fertility clinic through which I just set up my consultation. I messaged her last night and got to hear her firsthand experience with this fertility clinic and the REs. She had very good insight and gave a very positive review so I’m feeling good about this place.

Aside from that, DH had a bomb dropped on him at work and he either has to apply for a new job within the company or they will be paying severance. It’s not just him; this is affecting dozens of employees and people are pissed and stressed. DH is planning to apply to a couple of positions within the company but is also starting to look outside as well. 

CS/Q:  

• @gingermama29 so glad to hear that you got a positive review for the RE’s you’ll be seeing. Nothing makes it easier to see a new doctor than knowing someone who loves them! When you say paying severance, they’re terminating his position? I’m sorry that’s so unfortunate. At least he has the option to apply within the same company. Aside from his own company, there are tons of places hiring right now so timing wise he has that on his side. Can you remind me what yh does again?

Month/Cycle: 4/4AL

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Opk & bbt

R/R: it’s looking like o has happened ((early)) but I’m going to stick around here another day until it’s “confirmed” by ff. I don’t really have anything going on right now. Which is just crazy for me. Lol. I was thinking I would make a nice dinner today, maybe grilled chicken and balsamic mushrooms, some kind of potato… but mh already texted me that he wants pizza and wings. So, I’m glad I didn’t pull anything out. Lol. 

CS/Q: I mean it really looks pretty perfect right? It’s just 2-3 days too early 😅

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1 AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: vitamins, OPKs

R/R: It’s my Friday! I am definitely ready for the weekend and some time not thinking about work, the pandemic, and all the other crap going on right now. We leave for our mini-trip to visit good friends tomorrow afternoon and I can’t wait. I am also excited about the leftovers in my lunch. Mmm, queso.  

CS/Q: Nope

@gingermam29 That stinks about YH’s job. I hope he is able to find something that he is excited about. Awesome about your fertility clinic though!

@paytonpedro I think we’re doing pizza tonight too! By Thursday neither one of us is usually interested in meal planning, haha. Glad you got in good timing despite O sneaking in early!

• @gingermama29 I'm glad you got a good reference regarding your clinic! That must be so nice to hear good things from someone you know and trust. I'm sorry about DHs work though. The job market/businesses in general are still so wacky and will most likely be for a while. 
    @paytonpedro such a pretty chart! Sometimes not having anything going on is such a good feeling!
    @abjm0325 Have a great weekend away with friends! I am jealous, not going to lie!

Month/Cycle: 3/3AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, CM, PNVs

R/R: Had a nice day off yesterday, which was much needed. Had a good talk with DH last night too. I tried to seduce him and he was not feeling it. He asked if it was "hot spot" time and I said no but that we are just about there and he insured me he will prepare for the next few days LOL. We've been trying to find a balance of good timing but also not making it feel like a job, so I'm hoping that is getting a little better. Had negative OPKs the last two days, but based on past cycles, I should get a positive today or in the next day or so. 

CS/Q: 

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @abjm0325 I had leftover queso for lunch yesterday. Love it! Your trip sounds like it’s going to be so fun! I hope you have a really great weekend! And happy Friday!
    @tessiesmom26 meh. It’s annoying when I try to seduce mh and he’s not feeling it because I never tell him no. Lol. But at least your husband is  prepared to put in the effort coming up lol. It’s so hard to find that balance, especially when they’re asking where you’re at. Mh has been seeing the opks in the trash and keeps asking. I’m just like don’t worry about it! Lol.
  • @paytonpedro I try to hide my OPKs in the closet just to not feel like I am pressuring DH. It is sort of a delicate balance trying to get the deed done while also still having it be for recreational purposes lol. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @gingermama29 great on the RE review, that's encouraging! I'm sorry things at your husband's job are rough and I hope he can find something else in or out of the company quickly.

@paytonpedro fingers crossed you did have an early O with that timing!

@abjm0325 oooh queso sounds good. All this pizza talk is making me want it too, but we already have pizza night scheduled for next week lol.

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin for me, vit e and c for him

R/R: very tired, but at least my day isn't as busy. And I should be able to relax later.

CS/Q: Pretty sure today is O day

• @tessiesmom26 sorry, post post draft was open too long and I missed your post! I'm glad you were able to talk it out, it sounds like you guys are pretty much on the same page.
  • @tessiesmom26 Glad you and YH had a good talk last night. It’s all such a balancing act, but it is nice when you know you’re on the same page.

@fantasyflyte Um, pizza night can be every week. You could totally make this happen.

• @paytonpedro he’s a branch manager of a bank. They’re technically eliminating his position though in all reality, it will still exist. The manager will just be in charge of multiple branches which is stupid but whatever. Hahaha I never need convincing for pizza and wings.

@abjm0325 oooh have fun on your mini trip!! Also now I want queso! 😂

@tessiesmom26 sorry YH wasn’t into it yesterday, especially outside of your window. It’s hard for ttc not to feel transactional sometimes, especially after trying for a long time.

@fantasyflyte yay for O day!

• Jumping back in after a few busy days at work; I only had the space/energy to contribute to IF thread over the past few days:

@gingermama29 it’s so great that you not only have your OBs vote of confidence but also your friend’s about the clinic! Listen carefully to her tips and tricks!!! Bummer about YH though. Hopefully he can land something soon. Best case scenario is severance plus a job elsewhere so you get a bit of a bonus!

@paytonpedro but what I want to know is if you got your curtains!!! Your chart is so pretty!

@abjm0325 where are you heading for your weekend getaway?

@tessiesmom26 besides asking you about the “hot spot” does YH take interest in your efforts? It sucks that he didn’t want to be seduced out side of the FW though. 

@fantasyflyte I hope you get some r&r today. I’m pumped that cinnamon supplements seemed to have shortened your cycle so drastically and consistently. 

Month/Cycle: 20/18/1

CD: 8 (wow… already!)

WAYDTGKU: gearing up for IVF retrieval #2 starting right after ovulation. Too many supplements and vitamins. I’m going to post photos to Randoms lol.

R/R: I had to “freak out” on the IVF courier company we’re using to transport oocytes from Canada to US. I did all my part by Sep 2 and it was then in their court to coordinate with my clinics etc. I followed up with them on Sep 14 and was told someone was gonna get back to me “tomorrow”. Nothing. Then emailed them again this Monday. Nothing. Called my POC yesterday morning. No callback. Today I escalated it saying “hey… this is getting ridiculous. Someone please get back to me.” Keep in mind that all my emails get sent to 4-5 ppl and NO ONE has replied. Anyways, today I CC’ed the general email and got a call back within 30 min. Looks like everything is on track for transport this coming Monday. 🤞🏻

CS/Q: nope

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @gingermama29 I’m so sorry about your hubby’s job - I hope something works out soon so y’all don’t have to worry about it. I definitely feel thankful that we have excellent job security as teachers right now! Hope your school year is going well so far. (I also really hope I’m remembering right that you’re a fellow teacher!)

@paytonpedro wow chart looks great! Fingers crossed. 😊  that’s a great reminder to start testing for O early just in case. 

@abjm0325 have a great trip! You’re making me excited for our trip next weekend, hooray! 

@tessiesmom26 that temp drop looks promising! Hope y’all get to enjoy yourselves.

@fantasyflyte I’m glad your getting a less busy day - I am too! It’s so nice to balance out the crazy work days with one of these once in a while. 

• gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited September 2021
    @acleverusername so frustrating that it took them so long to get back to you. That drives me nuts! Yay for everything being on track though!!

@singing_koala yes, you are remembering correctly!! I’m also a music teacher! School year is going pretty well. I’m grateful to be able to sing with my kids again and actually rehearse ensembles this year. Hope yours is going well too.
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: opk, temp, bd

R/R: I just got my voice back after losing it for a couple weeks because of a cold. And today I woke up with crud & I can already feel my voice going again. Seems like this happened last time right around O too. I just get so paranoid that being under the weather is going to affect my chances, which supposedly it’s not supposed to.   But that doesn’t stop me from worrying haha

CS/Q: chart alllll over the place so far lol

• @singing_koala Yikes! I'm sorry you're coming down with something again. I don't think it'll affect O, but you can expect your temps to be all over. So, your chart is on par for the course. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• tessiesmom26tessiesmom26 member
    edited September 2021
    @acleverusername He is interested to a point. Once I start giving all the dirty deets it starts to feel more like a job to him. I get it, so I share when he is interested and asking and not all the time. ETA - I'm glad you were able to advocate for shipping and an exact turn around time. That's super annoying that you were made to wait and even more annoying that you were just ignored.

@singing_koala I hope you feel better! If it makes you feel more comfortable I would just add a note in your chart about feeling icky just in case it does mess with your temps.

Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @acleverusername Heading to Nashville! Ugh, that stinks that you had to badger the courier company to get any answers. Fingers crossed everything will go smoothly from this point!

@singing_koala Where are you heading on your trip? Bummer about not feeling well again, especially during FW.

• edited September 2021
    @gingermama29 Sorry to hear about the added stress with YH’s work situation. I hope your uncertainty around it is short lived.
    @paytonpedro I need some dinner inspiration from you! Balsamic mushrooms is such a good idea and one I would never think of. I bought lions mane mushrooms and pearl couscous to do something with, just not sure what else.
    @abjm0325 Enjoy Nashville! Such a lively city with tons of live music.
    @tessiesmom26 I am definitely struggling with the expectations of FW. DH has been and continues to be excited but it feels strange and getting stranger with each cycle.
    @fantasyflyte Hope you have a nice break this evening and got a chance to relax!
    @acleverusername Glad to hear things are on track! 
    @singing_koala Sorry to hear you’re coming down with something again. Everyone in my area is struggling with allergies causing all kinds of upper respiratory stuff, which comes with fun added stress of “Is it allergies or COVID….”

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opk

R/R: I’m feeling a little out of place at work lately. Parts of my role got spread out and now I’m not really sure what to do. Honestly I’m getting pretty bored 🙁 I was supposed to be getting freed up to take on more responsibility but that hasn’t happened yet…

CS/Q: Bit the bullet and decided to do opk’s again even though I’m not sure they’re helping me figure out timing. I at least have nice consistent temps right now.

• @acleverusername glad to see you back over here! Oh man! My husband got off easy because my stupid a$$ forgot!! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ BUT thank you for the reminder!!! 🤣🤣 I still haven’t even looked 🤦🏼‍♀️ 
    Yay for the transport finally happening! So annoying that you had to get frustrated with them to make anything happen, but at least it finally is in the works!

@gingermama29  I will totally change dinner plans for pizza and wings 🤣❤️🍕

@singing_koala thanks!! It’s a first with the pretty chart, but I used to test early and got lazy with it so I’m glad I did! I only had one test before my peak though!
    I’m sorry you’re getting sick again. Hopefully it doesn’t affect anything!

@pinkkillersheep haha I’m ALWAYS down to talk about food!! I found a recipe a few years ago when I did paleo and kind of tweaked it into my own. I can send it your way if you’re interested? (And if I can’t find it!) lol but it was just on Pinterest. 
    Your temps look so nice! I’m sorry about your work situation. I can definitely relate. My practice sold and merged with another in January and I went from having 9 years experience and knowing all the answers to knowing nothing (everything changed, we handle different cases) and having to ask girls who have been there a month questions. It’s such a weird situation in and I find myself bored sometimes too. I hope it picks up for you soon and you feel better about it.

• @abjm0325 unfortunately(?) we have a gift card, so we've got a limited amount of pizzafication we can do lol. I might get dough at the grocery store this weekend, though.
    @acleverusername Sorry you got so much runaround, but glad they finally answered. Also, it bugs me when companies/people do the "nothing's wrong and/or happening at the moment, so we don't need to update." Would it kill them to send out a quick email like once a week saying "hey, things are on track, no changes to report!"?
    On the cinnamon, to be fair, I'm on metformin as well, which I think does most of the heavy lifting, but the cinnamon definitely started things in the right direction and I do think it helps.
    @singing_koala ugh, sorry you're feeling cruddy again, I hope it's a false alarm this time.
    @pinkkillersheep sorry you're drifting at work right now, I hope the new responsibilities come soon and are something you'll enjoy and not something you've been voluntold for.
  • @gingermama29 aww that’s right! And YES it’s so so good being able to sing with the kids again. Now we just have to figure out how to handle all of our programs with the kids spaced out 3 feet apart.  

@abjm0325 we’re headed to Mobile, AL to visit my husband’s brother & his wife. We always have fun with them 😊 oooh have fun in Nashville!