April 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 9/27

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 9/27

• Options
    @rbflei I only take the OTC version but literally can't imagine my life without it. Glad you were able to eat and have a functional day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Anyone ever forget they’re pregnant?? 🤦🏻‍♀️ I flopped belly first onto the bed after work today totally forgetting I’m pregnant until I felt the flop in my belly! Hope this kid’s durable! 

• Options
    @minnie_yoga_mama definitely baby is still fine lol I slept on my stomach until 23 weeks with DD3.
  • Options
    Ugh my dad called me and his situation is just - there's no good solution. He's 75 with late-stage Parkinson's. He's burnt every bridge with every person in his life over the years (including me). But he's now in a position where he can't care for himself, it's not safe for him to live alone, he makes too much money (small pension and SSI, not a ton of money by any stretch) to qualify for Medicaid which would pay for services, but he doesn't make enough to pay for services himself. Medicare doesn't pay for the custodial care he needs. We're in a very high cost of living area so all the services are really, really expensive to pay privately, and we can't afford it - and I'm not sure I would be willing to because it would mean sacrificing our own ability to save money for our own retirement, etc, thus destining our own children to pay for this kind of isht for us. He lives like 90 min away so it's not an option for me to go care for him, especially not with kids. He's been mostly absent my whole life. He wants my mom to let him move back in, but they've been divorced more than 20 years after he cheated on her, ruined her finances, made her life miserable, etc. Like, absolutely not. I mean it's just - I feel bad that he's in this position. I feel bad ANYONE is in this position. But there's no good solution. Ugh. Getting old is scary, folks. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I’m sorry you’re going through this. I have a couple family members who have burned bridges that need end-of-life help, and it’s so difficult.

He could consider selling any assets and moving into an independent living facility in a low cost of living region. Less expensive than assisted living facility, but you can usually get a la carte assistance at lower rates. Things like meals and cleaning are included.
    My grandfather suffered from Parkinson’s and even without burned bridges, there were many tough care decisions. The side effects of L-dopa made him occasionally delusional and violent, and he needed a caregiver strong enough to physically restrain him.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 that sounds awful. It might help to reach out to a Parkinsons support group to see what they recommend. There are a lot of resources out there but it's impossible to know how to get them when you need them. 
    I'm a firm believer in family is the most important thing but no one owes anything just because they are related. Don't feel guilty that you can't or won't help. I hope that you can figure something out that puts your mind at ease. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Huge hugs! That’s so much on your shoulders, and I don’t think it’s wrong at all for you to consider the long-term impacts of how helping would affect your family. I hope he can find a lower cost option!
  • Options
    I finally got into a teledoc today (I’m going to skip my huge rant about the current state of our healthcare system), and it turns out that my swollen eye is a stye that’s unrelated to the headaches I’ve been having. So that’s good I guess? FX these drops start helping quickly. 
  • Options
    Didn't sleep even a minute last night. Le sigh. Too much anxiety about the stuff with my dad. I even took a valium (ob approved), but it didn't help. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I agree with @robbenson that a support group can be extremely helpful in providing you with resources. You’ll likely be able to find some local groups online that could help you even if it’s just through messaging with them. They may have resources and contacts for a social worker or case manager or similar worker to take the burden off of you and help him with his options. Sorry to hear you have to go through this right now. Try to take some time today to do something you know is a stress reliever for you to try and relax, or maybe take a nap! Sending you hugs!❤️
  • Options
    @minnie_yoga_mama I've searched but can't really find any local ones - just general California ones, and California is huge. I've spoken with the social workers at the senior care dept in his county, and they said there really is no option like that. I assumed there must be, but there just isn't. So I do feel bad for my dad, but I also more broadly feel absolutely terrified for the future of the aging population at large. 
  • Options
    @rbflei also the day to day sizing always seems really inconsistent to me, especially when compared to the fruit of the week.
  • Options
    Agreed about how inconsistent and small the sizing seems to be. I want facts about how big it’s grown, not how tiny it is. Or maybe tell me about what part of the body is developing right now?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I thought I was in the clear. 🙈 I was so good for a solid couple weeks and starting eating most foods again. Then starting this week, I took a huge nosedive after trying to eat the chicken I prepped for my lunches and now it’s back and lingering around with me allllll dayyyyyy. 😓 Ugh I thought I was past this! And how weird that my nausea went away and then came back!??? Can eating a food you’re having an aversion to really do that??
  • Options
    @minnie_yoga_mama I also thought I had turned a corner, but yesterday proved otherwise. The exhaustion and all day nausea has lightened up but I'm definitely much more gaggy/nearly puking a lot more. So weird.

Anyone else having trouble with the bump app on the iphone? I can't do anything, not commenting, no NEW next to comments, nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing.  :/
  • Options
    @Blondesweety444 sometimes I have to log-in again, even though it shows my my favorites and my bmb. the app is super glitchy.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @Blondesweety444 Whenever mine does that I log out of the app and log back in and that does the trick. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I also tried logging out and back in but no go :( 

I'll try all these things again.

ETA: I logged out, uninstalled, reinstalled, logged back in but still nothing. It's treating my community page like I'm not logged in at all.  :(
  • Options
    @Blondesweety444 ugh that is so frustrating! I've been in the app and had to go log in and it almost looks like the mobile web page and it even gives me a pop up telling me to download the app...despite the fact that I'm using the app. The app problems are why I typically don't post on the weekends. I use my desktop during the week. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @Blondesweety444, try logging in from desktop when you get a chance.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I just flat out refuse to use the phone app because it's so glitchy and always has been. So y'all will only ever hear from me on desktop. 
  • Options
    @queenklau that's how I'm on now, I can't do anything from the phone. Which basically means I can only check in with you guys when I'm working. So it will be complete silence and then a million comments all at once.  :D
  • Options
    @minnie_yoga_mama with DS3 I fell into this pattern of being totally useless from exhaustion and nausea for a week, and then I’d have a break for a few days, and then another week on the couch. Which probably doesn’t sound encouraging  :p but once I found the pattern it helped me cope, reminding myself it wouldn’t last forever, I would get a break. And I figured it must be tied to growth spurts or something??

This time I have found my emotions do a play a role. We found some tufts of our cat’s hair in the backyard over the weekend and as soon as I got sad and crying I immediately nose-dived into nausea. 
  • Options
    Oh no I am so sorry to hear this @miss_lynn9. Take care of yourself. We’ll certainly miss you here. Sending so much love your way❤️
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 I’m so sorry!
  • Options
    so sorry that things didn't turn out for you @miss_lynn9. Take care, we will certainly miss you around here!
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 I’m so sorry and hope your healing process goes smoothly ❤️
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 I'm so sorry to hear that!  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 so sorry to hear this. We will miss you on the board. Sending you ❤️
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 So sorry to hear that. Wish good things for you.
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 so so sorry <3 sending you love and good wishes
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 I’m so sorry for your loss. It was so nice to have you in this community and I hope you will have a rainbow baby soon.
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9, I am so sorry. Sending you hugs and best wishes for the future. 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @miss_lynn9 Oh, no, I am sorry. We’re going to miss you. Sending you love.
  • Options
    Kombucha-what does everyone know about that during pregnancy? I feel like we may have talked about it before, but it was my go to prior to pregnancy for just a delish special drink. My small amount of research shows that its the fact that its unpastureized that makes it a problem-as commercial Kombucha has almost no alcohol. I drink unpasturized fresh pressed cider, but I wouldn't drink unpastureized milk (I use it to make yogurt, which pasturizes it). I'm not sure which thing Kombucha is closer to, since you literally leave it out and let it grow living microbes. This IS commercial kombucha, not locally made or homemade. Anyone have thoughts/research?
  • Options
    @SmashJam I really mostly think anything you do pre-pregnancy aside from alcohol and drugs are safe during pregnancy. I'd basically look up what the risk of lysteria specifically is, and if that's not a concern then I wouldn't worry about it.