March 2022 Moms

The Great Name Thread!

Re: The Great Name Thread!

• My #1 pick is Ella. I found it in my family tree and immediately fell in love. Buuuuut there are a few problems:

1. My first daughter is Nora, so basically I'll have 2 kids with the one name "Eleanor"
    2. Baby's dad has a dog named Ellie, and since I add -ie onto the end of the name of anything cute (like Norie instead of Nora), I'll probably also call this baby Ellie as a pet name.
    3. The area I live has a large Spanish-speaking population, so I'm afraid she'll always be called "E-ya"
    4. Apparently Ella is super trendy right now. I've never seen it where I live, but my friends and family on the East Coast say you can't go to a playground without tripping over Ellas. One friend said "oh god please not another Ella", ha.

I've got 6 months and I'm sure I'll change my mind a ton before then, so it may not even matter. But I looooove Ella so much.

My runner up right now is Alice. I think Nora and Alice go well together. My only issue is I don't think my kid will look like an Alice, if that even makes sense, ha.
  • DD1 was named after my father who I lost shortly after learning I was pregnant. Kenneth->Kendall

15 weeks tomorrow and we don't know gender yet
    But I'm sure its a girl...

Amara is at the top of the list
    Emma
    Luna
    Noelle

Boy names
    Ezra 
    Nathaniel
    Issac 

Dewayne as a boy middle name but haven't decided on a girl middle name. We may wait until babe is here to name once we see him/her
  • Loading the player...
  • @friends-fan I love your list of names. Isaac is great name for a boy, and don't run into many Isaacs!
  • @jennifer_m21 Thank you!  I love you "J" naming trend!  That is such a neat idea! 
  • All of you have such lovely and unique name suggestions.
    My husband and I plan to name baby girl ‘Lillian’ for personal reasons.
    We don’t feel like we can tell our family or friends, though, as most of them will try to talk us out of it.

Names I had considered if baby was a boy: ‘Philip’ or ‘Ivan’
    I have an Alexander.
  • @faithmovesmountains my DD's middle name is lillian! I love it! 

• @faithmovesmountains @morgantu
    Lillian is a beautiful name! its not something you hear often anymore either! 
  • @jennifer_m21 I love the J family thing! My whole family is J's (I'm a Jennifer, too) AND my mom's whole family is J's. We love our Js, ha!
  • @faithmovesmountains my eldest niece is Lillian (we call her Lilly) and she’s perfect so I’m very partial to that name! 
  • edited September 2021
    @faithmovesmountains  @rachelredhead @morgantu my daughter’s middle name is Lillian. I’ve always loved that name and it happened to be a family name in my family and my husband’s family! 
  • Aww thanks for the support, everyone.
    I have family members that know what this name means to us and have guessed already. They said they’re worried I’ll choose it, like it’s a grave sin that’s unforgivable.

I pretend we haven’t decided because I don’t want the judging or shame they want to lay on me. 
  • @Panaceia
    ‘The name becomes the person it is attached to.’ Is by far the best thing I’ve heard so far in regards to naming. I’m going to keep that in mind. :smile:

Also Sasha is so unique for a boy! I like it, congrats on standing your ground.
  • Now that we know the baby is a girl. We’ve always loved the name Genevieve. The middle names will be Isabella (after my mom) and Juana (after MIL) so it’ll be Genevieve Isabella Juana lol it’s going to be a long name. We may change the first name but we have been set on that name for a very long time. 
  • We are having a little girl and naming her Nora(h).  Can't decide which way to spell it though! I've always liked it with the H but my husband prefers without. I'm trying to warm up to spelling it Nora since that seems like the more traditional spelling and I don't want people to spell her name wrong (My name is Joanne and people constantly leave off the E... I don't think I want to put her through that as silly as it may sound).
  • @kupsickjm I love the name Nora(h)...with or without the h;)
  • @kupsickjm My 5 year old daughter is Nora, I absolutely LOVE that name and get tons of compliments on it :)

I went without the H which fits her personality better, she's a spunky little kid and Norah would be way too formal for her. But, people have told me "you should have spelled it with the H, sooo much more high-class!" 🤦‍♀️
  • jessier19jessier19 member
    edited September 2021
    I have a name question. If you saw the name Neve, would your first impulse be to pronounce it like Neeve (rhymes with Eve) or like Nev (rhymes with Bev)? Both are valid pronunciations that different people with the name use, but I'm wondering which pronunciation is more intuitive for most English speakers.
  • @jessier19 When I read it, I read it like Neeve- rhymes with Eve
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @jessier19 I think of Neve Campbell so my instinct is Neve...like Bev...but it's beautiful either way!
  • @jessier19 I read it like Bev. I like the name either way though!
  • My mind said Neeve :)
  • @jessier19 Love that name! I also hear Neve as "Bev."
  • @jessier19 I went Neeve like Eve
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @jessier19 i read it like “neev” long e sound.
  • So many beautiful names!! 

@jessier19 I read it as Bev 

We had our boy name picked out. It was Indiana with Landry being a close second. Since finding out it was a girl we have been all over the place with names. Her middle name will be Lillian after my great grandmother. I really want Violet for the first name but SO is strongly against it. Right now Eliza is the favorite with everyone. DS insists we name her Penelope. Here are the others we like 
    Ember
    Lorilei 
    Eva
    Ophelia 
    January
    Wren 
    Elodie 
    Capri
    Camilla 

• @Nik102 Love all your names and I am a HUGE fan of Eliza ❤❤❤
  • Bumping this back up.

Thoughts on Emilia? Or would you spell it Emelia? This wasn't on our original list but I'm really liking it lately. I am worried it might be too popular though. 
  • @kgg2241 would you pronounce it differently than Amelia? More of an E sound? I think it’s lovely, and it doesn’t seem common where I am. 
  • @rachelredhead yeah, I say it with more of an Emm sound than an A sound. I'm sure it will sound the same to most people though. The nickname would probably be Emi. 
  • @kgg2241
    I think it sounds adorable! And Emi is such a cute nickname!
  • @kgg2241 I love Emilia!!!! ❤ 
  • Love Emilia!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Emi is such a cute nickname!! ❤️❤️❤️
  • @kgg2241 I love this name but am biased because it’s in the top 3 on our girl list😂
  • Haha okay thanks everyone! That makes me feel better. It is the only name that I keep coming back to, so I guess that is a good sign! 
  • @kgg2241 I love Emilia with Emi as a NN, so pretty!
    We are naming our daughter Caroline Annmarie. They are family names on my side, Carol is my Grandmother, Ann is my mom’s middle name, and Marie was my beloved aunts middle name. I find myself calling baby girl Annie or Rory though, so we will see what she goes by in the long run haha. 
  • @kgg2241 I adore the name Emilia!
  • @achanceintime oh I love Caroline! Caroline Annmarie is a beautiful name. 

@rachelredhead Penelope is so cute! I feel like a little girl and eventual older girl named Penelope is bound to be super cool 😎.