March 2022 Moms
Options

September Symptoms

Any symptoms, concerns, questions? Tell us here. Here comes the 2nd trimester! 

Re: September Symptoms

• Options
    Okay, selfishly started. Are there any other STM+ who have popped already? This is my 3rd. Holy cow, I don't know if it's constipation or bloat or baby, but in the last 2 days I suddenly can't suck it in anymore. Any I had forgotten how much my oblique abs hurt when I'm pregnant - yowza! They just ache and nothing I do helps. I'm also 38 so it could be an age combination thing too.
  • Options
    @michelle_bird Yes to the belly! This is baby #3 but pregnancy #7 and my body gave up week 1. A lot of it is still bloat by the end of the day, but the past couple of days I have woken up with a belly that just won't go away...so I think the belly has started. 

12+0 and still as sick as ever with the nausea and vomiting...but now I also have heartburn to add to the list so that's fun. Anyone else still super sick and struggling? I need some commiseration!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The sciatica pain has started, and the chiro I used to go to at my OBs clinic is no longer there (they don't offer chiropractic care there anymore) so tomorrow I have a first appointment to see if a new place is a good fit. Chiropractic care is not something I seek outside of pregnancy and it generally freaks me out, but it's the only thing that provides consistent sciatica relief for me. I tolerated the pain for dd1, but knew I couldn't chase her while pregnant with dd2 with sciatica. I think I went 2 times while pregnant and once postpartum so not a terrible commitment for sweet relief! Fx I like this new place!
  • Options
    @Patience7150 I have been dealing with the same for a couple weeks. Have been to the chiro 3 times now with lots of improvement. I sought out a Webster certified chiro as they are specially trained in treating pregnant people. I also bought a Trochanter belt and wooooooooooow that thing is awesome. Helps so much. It sits really low across your hips so doesnt interfere with the belly at all. 

I had this same exact pain with my first pregnancy but not until 3rd tri. It started so early this time. I hope the chiro is a good fit and your get some relief.
  • Options
    @michelle_bird girl yes. My belly is out and poppin lol. Someone I don't know asked me when I was due the other day 😒. I have a belly to begin with, so idk how much different this looks but apparently different enough. Not sure how I can hide from my staff for another month. 
  • Options
    @Panaceia sorry you are still struggling so much with the nausea. I’ve also had some heart burn and thought it was really early for that

At 13-14 weeks symptoms started really improving for me. I’ve got insomnia which is a new one, but can get through the day without it feeling like a constant struggle. I hope everyone else has an easier second trimester!
  • Options
    @Panaceia I am coming up on ten weeks and still feeling so so sick too. The heartburn has started for me already as well. Had to send my hubby to the grocery store late at night because we ran out of Tums 🤦‍♀️ I’ve been feeling like such a useless human, basically just resting in bed and snacking…. My most recent coping item is apple juice and GF pretzels. The juice is so refreshing when it is super cold and helps with the Zofran and pregnancy induced constipation! And the crunchy salty pretzels are so helpful to nibble on throughout the day. It is a sucky club to be a part of, but I am here with ya ☹️
  • Options
    @jenis_fan_for_life Oooh I forgot about gf pretzels! That is going on my list right now! And yes to the apple juice! I've also just started being able to stomach orange juice too. I need to find some sort of food that I can keep down consistently so I'm hoping the pretzels do the trick!
  • Options
    @Panaceia ramen was/is one of my go tos lol brings me back to college. 
  • Options
    What exactly is sciatica pain?? Iv been having a pain in my hip/low back/butt cheek occasionally and can’t figure out exactly what it is or what would cause it. 
  • Options
    Ugh, the acid reflux. I've occasionally had it this time, but Tums has been able to control it so far. Last pregnancy I ended up on prescription medication for it.

Quick tip for those not used to acid reflux at night - be sure to keep water on your nightstand! If acid wakes you, take a drink and swish it before going back to sleep. Otherwise you'll end up like me with cavities after your pregnancy. Such a joy.
  • Options
    @michelle_bird Does the water work even if it gives you heartburn? I am getting the acid reflux early this time but water is a big cause of this. With all the throwing up I'm pretty sure my teeth are going to disintegrate anyways:/
  • Options
    Got my first nosebleed today. It was scary! Warning, when you pull the tissue you packed your nose with out, there will be a huge blood clot. It's ok! I will be blowing my nose very gently from now on and sleeping with a humidifier.
  • Options
    I am 11+2 and my nausea is getting worse. Waiting for some relief soon. Could not sleep yesterday because of heartburn.. ughh.
  • Options
    I also highly recommend a wedge pillow for those with heartburn! It does a great job helping the acid stay in your stomach as much as possible while you sleep. 
  • Options
    @mandaleigh2015 sounds like maybe SI joint pain. Sciatic pain travels down the leg. If the pain is occassional and with certain movements or feels like it “catches” sometimes when you walk, it could possibly be SI joint pain. I have been seeing a chiropractor for a couple weeks now for this in additional wearing a trochanter belt and doing some light stretches. It’s been improving.
  • Options
    @night_nurse that is so interesting because last pregnancy I had pain exactly like @mandaleigh2015  (intense shooting pain in the joint inside my butt cheek. It didn’t ever travel down my leg. Each incident was usually gone within a second, but they hurt like hell and happened many times a day.) I was told I had sciatica and was given certain stretches to do. They really seemed to help and the pain went away! Now I’m wondering if maybe I was misdiagnosed and maybe it was just a coincidence that the stretches seemed to help? Is it possible that sciatica stretches would work to treat SI pain?
  • Options
    @michelle_bird the oblique pain is real! It only happens every so often but when it does it is awful! 

Thankfully my only serious symptom is my boobs hurting, which that being my only symptom has made my anxiety skyrocket just wondering if everything is okay in there! The period of time between nausea subsiding and feeling first kicks is BRUTAL.
  • Options
    @jessier19 I don’t 100% know the answer to that. First pregnancy I too was told it was sciatic pain but I felt that the symptoms I read about never really completely fit what I was experiencing. This time when I first noticed the pain I started researching different orthopedic complaints in pregnancy and found SI joint pain which much better fit my own symptoms 🤷🏼‍♀️ Im glad the stretches help your pain!
  • Options
    Well the tailbone pain has started 😩. I had to slump way down in my chair to take the pressure off. I need to buy a donut cushion or something. 
  • Options
    at the point where i'm suddenly absolutely starving and then uncomfortably full after 3 bites. How did this happen already? 
  • Options
    @morgantu I'm only 13+4 and already here.  I thought it was in my head.   
  • Options
    Me too, I ordered a $40 dish at a nice restaurant on Friday. I was Starving! but by the time I ate 2 pieces of bread and the food came, I could only fit one bite. 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead those are some interesting dreams! I've had my fair share of weird ones, too, but never been accused of murder in a dream! Not in real life, either    ;)
  • Options
    @Panaceia sorry, haven't been good about checking in! I just took small sips of water to rinse around in my mouth. It wasn't enough to upset the heart burn (that I remember).
  • Options
    Well morning (all day sickness) came back over the weekend 😭. Basically constant nausea and some vomiting. So much for that second trimester bliss. 
  • Options
    @kgg2241 I'm sorry:(  But I can definitely commiserate!
  • Options
    @kgg2241 ughhh that's the worst! Mine will disappear and I finally think I'm ready to eat REAL food so I'll load up the fridge with veggies and protein.....then the nausea comes back and I'm back to eating nothing but cereal and lemonade. Good-bye, $75 worth of fresh veggies.... 
  • Options
    Anyone else already having Braxton Hicks? Google tells me it can start as early as 16 weeks, which I am this week. Started closer to 24/25 weeks with my first. Chugging water every day to try to prevent them in the evenings.
  • Options
    @night_nurse I had them one night last week, freaked me out cause it definitely wasn’t this early last time 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @gembud same. I was like “wait, is this really happening?”
  • Options
    Ok..my nipples are killing me!
    This is new. Yesterday, started having shooting pain.
    Definitely didn't happen with any of my other pregnancies, or nursing.
    It's like I'm being stabbed right in the areola!😅
  • Options
    @morgantu That is me as well! I am already overweight to begin with, but have lost nearly 20 lbs in the first trimester.

I’ll fee so hungry, but eat about 1/4 cup of food and am uncomfortably full.  Still having trouble going to the bathroom, so maybe the slower digestive system is to blame?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker ah yes, lightning nipple... next up, lightning crotch (usually toward the end of pregnancy)

I laughed too hard yesterday and peed a little... not cool baby, not cool
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @jlbaker08 Ugh lightening crotch 😭. Don't remind me.
  • Options
    My booooooobs are getting so big for me! I’m life long IBTC Member and this is ridiculous lol