April 2022 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 08/30

• I'm just super looking forward to my first doctor's appointment next week! I'm 7w5d today. Can't wait for the NIPT so I can sneak peak the gender and start buying baby stuff! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve had the same bookmark— a feather from a parrot that lived in my great-grandmother’s nursing home— for almost twenty years… And I left it in a library book. I checked out all the copies of the book so I can look through them and I’m sure I’m about to get weird looks from the librarian when I come pick up all four of them today. FX it’s in there! 
  • This is part rant, part I need to share this with someone because no one knows I’m pregnant yet except for hubby—my close friend/coworker tested positive for COVID today after being exposed to a patient last week. She is literally the only other person I could possibly be exposed to and spend time with on a regular basis besides my husband because I’ve been doing absolutely nothing and going nowhere. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Normally I wouldn’t be as concerned as I am, but this little baby adds so much worry now! Whether it be flu, COVID, or something else, I know getting a high fever or raised body temperature in the 1st trimester is a big no-no and said to increase risk of birth defects! So at this point, all I’m concerned about is not getting a fever!! Just really needed to get this off my chest and share with some other mamas who I’m sure understand this feeling, since I can’t share this with anyone else yet!
  • @minnie_yoga_mama Oh, I hate this for you! And I understand the feeling. I’m vaccinated but I’m due for my booster— I got my series in December of last year— so now I’m extra paranoid. Any little thing could be disastrous and it makes me so anxious!
  • @aloha_mama oh no! I hope you are able to find it. Can you ask the librarian to look through the books and see if it's there? 
  • @minnie_yoga_mama that is stressful, I'm sorry. How long has it been since you've seen her? 
  • Today DH and I are going to tour a birthing center! So excited and nervous for this new experience! Not quite sure what to look for, but I'm gonna go with my gut instinct first and foremost. 
  • I had my ultrasound today (finally, yay!) and we picked up our Uhaul to start packing up the house. Ready for some sweaty days of moving! 

@minnie_yoga_mama Ahh that stressful! Hope you don’t get it. 
  • @miss_lynn9 I’m going to pick up my stack today and if it isn’t in there I’m going to call and see if they set it aside someplace. I’m worried with COVID restrictions that they probably just throw out everything they find inside returned books!
  • Today was our first homeschool day of the year.  My girls are 3rd and 1st grade and my boys are both doing Pre-K (we use ABCJesuslovesme as our spine and they are in year 3 and year 4 but we combine as much as possible.)

I had a moment when I realized my new little one won't finish ABCJesuslovesme (program goes from age 1 to age 5) until my oldest is in 9th grade!! That's amazing.  It's my literal favorite program ever and I'm so glad I get to do it all over again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks mamas ❤️ @miss_lynn9 She was here today— that’s when she got the email about her patient testing + and went to employee health right away to test herself. Luckily she’s fine and asymptomatic so far. Just worries me as a first time mama here!

@aloha_mama Fingers crossed for you that you find your bookmark!! 🤞 

@monstera13 So many exciting things happening for you right now!!
  • @willowhisper oh that's exciting!! I haven't birthed at a birthing center so I have no idea what to look for either. Let us know how it goes! 
  • @Boobopgirl I homeschool DD, too! She’s in 1st grade this year. We did Sonlight for kindergarten and changed to The Good and the Beautiful this year… So far so good but it’s only week three lol I’ve never heard of your curriculum before! I’ll have to look into it!
  • This is part rant, part I need to share this with someone because no one knows I’m pregnant yet except for hubby—my close friend/coworker tested positive for COVID today after being exposed to a patient last week. She is literally the only other person I could possibly be exposed to and spend time with on a regular basis besides my husband because I’ve been doing absolutely nothing and going nowhere. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Normally I wouldn’t be as concerned as I am, but this little baby adds so much worry now! Whether it be flu, COVID, or something else, I know getting a high fever or raised body temperature in the 1st trimester is a big no-no and said to increase risk of birth defects! So at this point, all I’m concerned about is not getting a fever!! Just really needed to get this off my chest and share with some other mamas who I’m sure understand this feeling, since I can’t share this with anyone else yet!
    The fever thing has actually been contested by a study out of Denmark in 2017. It looked at something like 100,000 moms and found no correlation. If you get sick, just try to keep your body temperature cool, take tylenol, etc. 

But yes, covid is very scary, and I'm very angry we all have to continue being worried about it. <3 
  • Wow! I just looked up the study and it actually makes me feel a lot better! Thanks so much @doxiemoxie212! This is why I love this community here!❤️

Just to be safe I took EmergenC, drank bone broth, and ordered some echinacea tea so I have all my bases covered!
  • @minnie_yoga_mama just make sure the echinacea does not have goldenseal in it - that is contraindicated in pregnancy :) 
  • @jennykatedvm I’m waiting until I work next week to see if my hospital is offering them on-site— when I got my initial dose they literally came unit to unit with their cart and stuck us while we were at the nurses station, so my lazy self is hoping it’ll be the same this time lol
  • @aloha_mama That would be nice! Hope they make it that easy for you again. Trying out the Bombas today. Think they're more comfy than the SockWells, but we'll see how they do in the afternoon warmth. 
  • @jennykatedvm sending positive thoughts your dad's way!
  • @jennykatedvm All of the socks in this house are Bombas. They are amazing. Up front cost is a little steep but they last forever, and they will send you replacements when they get holes/ worn out. Bonus that they donate one pair for every pair sold.
  • @sarahhedger7 they give you free replacements?! I just thought they were bougie socks, lol.

I get up pretty early-while its still dark-and take the dogs out. Today my hound found a frog, which he could not leave alone, and I checked on another dog and looked back-the frog was gone! I kept looking in his mouth but could not find it! So anyway came upstairs, asked H to check the dogs mouth for frogs (got a weird look) and went back to round up the last two dogs. Came back to a damn frog hopping around the living room! He had it in his damn jowls!  Caught it before it went under the couch, and got it outside. What a way to start the day, lol. 
  • @sarahhedger7 and @aloha_mama The Bombas compression socks seemed to work well. Still a little warm in the afternoon, but I don't think there's anyway around it with socks up to your knees!

@SmashJam Lol! At least he didn't eat it!! 
  • @willowhisper Aw, congrats to Bellina! I work in a birth center and I was skeptical about it in the beginning but now I know that’s the environment I want to deliver in. It’s definitely a special place and more family-centered! Glad to hear you got good vibes from it even though it was virtual!
  • @willowhisper glad to hear you like the birthing center! 
  • East coasters - everyone okay?
  • Just north of Manhattan here-we got a ton of rain, thankfully I am next to a hill and nothing accumulated. 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MA - lots of rain but we are fine, some flooding south closer to my parents though. They had to close a major highway near them this morning for flooding 
  • @willowhisper glad you liked the birthing center. 

@aloha_mama any luck with the book mark?

just got my prenatal labs drawn. 12 vials! And it took forever bc she used a butterfly. I mean, she needed to use the butterfly but good grief. They had to untie the tourniquet and retie it. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• I know that stretch marks are genetic and there isn't anything you can really do for them.  But I have a placebo I absolutely love and realized at 9wks its definitely time to pull it out!  I mix almond oil, coconut oil, vitamin E, and just a few drops of tea tree oil.  It feels SO good to rub in, gives baby a nice massage, and really helps with the itchies start up!  Anyone else have a favorite? 
  • @Avrilmai My bookmark wasn’t in there 😭 So now if I want it I’m going to have to call the librarian and (gasp!) talk on the phone!
  • @aloha_mama I can relate to that. why would I want to call...and speak to a person. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai It’s 2021, can’t I just text everyone by now so I can ignore their replies for three days?
  • @todzillamom Last pregnancy I just used my Aveeno lotion per usual. The only places I got stretch marks were my inner thighs and boobs. And those are the places I didn't think to lotion. 🤦‍♀️
  • Oh yeah, we're big Aveeno eczema fans in this house, but when it comes to the belly and boob itchiness when everything starts stretching, I haven't found any lotion to cut it yet, only the full blown oils.  But then my night clothes always end up smelling like oil! 
  • @todzillamom I make a belly rub too and I love it. It's has mango, shea and coconut butter, coconut, avacado and rosehip oil, vit e, frankincense, patchouli and lavender essential oils.