February 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 8.30

2»

Re: Weekly randoms 8.30

• Options
    Where are we at with feeling baby movements? I’m 18w with my 2nd and I’m not feeling anything and it’s making my anxiety shoot through the roof. It’s almost 3am and I can’t sleep because I’m so worried. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @livingoffpbjs - I’m just over 17w with second and I’m not getting anything specific. I thought a few weeks ago I had a kick but I’ve nothing since so not sure it was. I have a Doppler so I know he’s in there and moving around. I was trying to focus on feeling something last night. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @livingoffpbjs I get a few tiny kicks (17.5 weeks now), but I only notice/feel them early in the morning when I go back to bed after feeding the cat and dog. Otherwise, I don’t feel them during the day. I noticed with DS2 that I didn’t feel him as much as I did DS1, and my doctor told me it was because of placenta location (anterior), but also because I was busier chasing DS1. I know baby is small now, but when we move, they go to sleep. So DS2 was more active while I was sleeping than when I was awake because DS1 (still) doesn’t stop moving until bedtime. 

A lot of people use a Doppler, but I’m too nervous to use one just in case I can’t find baby. I had a surprise ultrasound at my last doctor’s appointment last time because she couldn’t find baby. He or she was hiding in my pelvis. 

I also just broke the no googling rule because I decided I’m less likely to fall down that horrible rabbit hole, and the general consensus is that it can take up to 20 weeks to not feel movement. So you’re still within the normal timeframe. 

Pregnancy anxiety about any and all of the things is the worst. Sending all the positive internet vibes your way.
  • Options
    @livingoffpbjs I have felt movement 3 total times but it just started happening this week (15w4d), at the midwife appointment you could hear baby moving around and it even kicked at the doppler. Its similar to when I felt movement with my second, that was the 16w mark. With my first it wasn't until closer to 22w, I had an anterior placenta with her. Only a few more weeks until it's every day! Favorite part of pregnancy hands down!

• Options
    @livingoffpbjs this is my 4th pregnancy. My last pregnancy I was for sure feeling movement by now and my daughter could feel little kicks externally. 

I know little one is in there, but I have an anterior placenta, so I haven’t felt anything yet. I’m 16+5 today
  • Options
    Believe it or not I have been feeling this third one from 13 weeks.  (My last one I don’t think I felt until 20!)  It was very distinct little twitches and I really thought it was the baby but the more it progressed the more sure I was.  I feel like my husband might even be able to feel it within the next couple weeks.  Again, vastly different from #2. And #1 was very early too, by 18 weeks you could see my belly twitch. 
  • Options
    @angelz429 @livingoffpbjs It’s amazing how much placental placement can affect movement. I remember feeling how rowdy DS1 was at my 20 week scan while watching him bounce everywhere, and then watching DS2 be just as rowdy on the screen at 20 weeks, but not feeling any of it. DS1 was posterior, and DS2 was anterior. This baby is posterior, but still barely feeling anything, which surprised me. I just assumed he or she was anterior again. 
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much. You have no idea how much this has helped my anxiety. I have never heard of the anterior placenta placement being a thing so. Much love to you guys!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @livingoffpbjs about a month ago (like 13 weeks) I had one day of STRONG kicks all day and then never felt anything again. I asked my OB about it and she said they don’t worry about feeling consistent movement until like… 28 weeks or something like that. With my son I didn’t few him for the first time until after 20 weeks
  • Options
    @livingoffpbjs agreed with @kaf1788 on the consistency thing, as well as what others have said about the anterior placenta! hope you get to feel something more soon and that it soothes your anxiety, I know mine gets bad when it's been a couple days without anything

I'm in the same boat as @Eveinshock in that I started feeling some movement really early, but it has been getting stronger, albeit not really more frequently. some days I feel nothing, some days it's a few times a day, most often it's at just night as I'm trying to go to sleep. 
  • Options
    @angelz429 that all moved so fast!!!! I'd be inclined to take it all as a good sign :) excited and happy for you and the family 
  • Options
    @angelz429 wow! That all moved so quickly and sounds super exciting that everything is falling into place!

• Options
    @angelz429 that’s great! Glad things are going well for you guys! And so exciting about the new build! 
  • Options
    I have my anatomy scan in 2 weeks. Will I be able to watch baby at all as we don’t want to know the sex that day? 

@angelz429 Such exciting news! Lots of positive thing going on for you ☺️
  • Options
    @2022_ivf_momma They should ask you at the beginning if you want to find out. They’ll have you look away when they get to that part. 

@angelz429 That is so exciting! I’m glad everything is working out for you guys!
  • Options
    They’ll turn the screen off at that moment it only takes a few seconds. I’m also pretty convinced I wouldn’t recognize a darn thing anyway 😂
  • Options
    @2022_ivf_momma we just had our early anatomy scan. They told me when to look away. My husband wanted to know so he watched. So he’s convinced we’re having a girl because he didn’t see an obvious penis. But he is not 100% sure lol. 

I told him he can find out after viability. I’m not sure if I’ll find out or if I’ll still be surprised. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies! That’s great to hear. I really love watching the video I take at the USs so I don’t want have to miss seeing my precious baby. 
  • Options
    Also, I just love this group ☺️ You momma’s are all amazing 🥰
  • Options
    @angelz429 Exciting times! I hope you find a great caregiver-- I loved being a nanny! Building a home is so fun too-- fx that your builders are good at staying on their timeline. :)