April 2022 Moms

Meal Plan Monday 8.16

Selfishly starting this thread because I'm constantly at a loss for what to cook and am not good at planning meals!

What are you cooking this week?

Re: Meal Plan Monday 8.16

• I’m making chicken scampi with Parmesan rice tonight. I found the recipe on Pinterest And it’s the first time I’ve been to  a wine store since becoming pregnant because the recipe calls for some haha. Very jealous that my husband can finish the bottle with dinner- womp womp
    we only really cook 2-3 days a week and do takeout for the rest ... it’s too hard with work and school etc. so I don’t have any other plans this week  

Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • I apologize in advance for derailing this thread. The only thing that has been possible for me to eat so far is cold cheese pizza. And then this afternoon, I had a win when I was able to eat the top of my Chipotle salad...so basically guacamole, sour cream, and salad dressing.

To add something productive, MH and I love Green Chef, and even if you don't get their meals, I love using their recipes for ideas. Simple Shepherd's Pie was my fave (pre-nausea). https://www.greenchef.com/menus/balanced-living
  • Loading the player...
  • @loveanddatadriven don’t apologize! I’m sorry you’re still having such a hard tome
    keeping food down 😔 I hadn’t heard of green chef! MH and I do hello fresh every few weeks when we’re both at work, but since I’ll likely be WFH starting in sept and the grocery store is only 2 minutes away I’ll have to work from recipes, haha. Can’t wait to check it out!
  • On the menu this week: shrimp fettuccini, baked cod and veggies, shepherd's pie, cauliflower and butternut squash tacos, and a spinach chicken bake. We will probably order out at least one day as well. There's a delicious Hawaiian grill within walking distance from out house, so that's our go-to when we don't feel like cooking. 
  • @monstera13 I love this thread! 

I’m a cook once, eat 2-3 times kind of gal, so this week I planned:

-Wings on the grill
    -Tomato basil mozzarella salad
    -Carnitas tacos (with homegrown roasted salsa from the garden) (x3)
    -Spicy basil chicken with green beans and rice (x2)

The joke is that I made and shopped for this meal plan before I found out I was pregnant, and I seem to be having evening sickness instead of morning sickness so I haven’t been able to eat any of these delicious meals… 
  • I found this yummy chicken salad wrap with apples, cucumbers, cranberries, pecans and threw in some kale for lunches at the start of the week:
  • highly recommend this recipe. This is the chicken scampi I made tonight. I also topped it with buttery toasted breadcrumbs and lemon zest -- was very delicious
    https://www.southyourmouth.com/2019/06/chicken-scampi-with-garlic-parmesan-rice.html  
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • We love to meal prep all day on Sundays, so our packed lunches for the week are mongo guisado in Pyrexes with pork and mung beans and our dinners have been kitchari with sweet potatoes and a cilantro ginger topping. 😋 Both great meals to get in beans and veggies! Especially considering I’m having major food aversions to chicken and most veggies. 🤢🤢🤢 Last week our meal prep was stir fry chicken and veggies (mushrooms, carrots, snap peas, broccoli, cashews). It tasted amazing all week until Friday and I almost gagged trying to take two bites for lunch. Haven’t been able to even look at chicken or any of those ingredients in there since then!
  • I have to admit that I'm so spoiled... my husband used to be a chef and does all of our cooking. The poor guy hates my pregnancy aversions, I have a lot of trouble with any strong smells, and he's been on a frying kick, especially Brussel sprouts with bacon. I'll also get cravings and text him with random requests during the day. 

I was able to enjoy a nice Waygu steak on the weekend, although didn't feel like any of the veggies he made. Last night was chicken soup, since I was feeling particularly nauseated. I've been craving pasta, and we have some homemade ravioli with a mushroom/prosciutto filling in the freezer, so I think that's going to happen this week.  
  • Oh no! Aversions are the worst. Usually I do a lot of cooking from scratch with plenty of healthy fats and veggies. But right now it’s pretty much whatever I can stomach.
  • I know this doesn’t specifically answer the question but 90% of the meals I make are by Half Baked Harvest!! Almost every single meal I try from her is a hit so I highly recommend checking out her instagram or website. Also, whenever I have a question I DM her on Instagram and she answers every single time despite having like 3 million followers!! 
  • We’re trying to only eat meat maybe once a week, so we are eating mostly vegetarian. Any and all recipes appreciated! I sit down and plan meals on Sundays because I’m not great at thinking of meals spur-of-the-moment, I need everything planned and shopped for ahead of time. 

Tonight is honey sesame tofu on rice, then I have pasta pomodoro, spaghetti aglio e olio, sesame soba noodle bowls, vegetarian chili with cornbread, what my DD calls “goulash” but is more like a noodle/ground beef/veggie-in-tomato-sauce one pot meal, personal pizzas, okonomiyaki, and buttermilk waffles. When I was pregnant with DD I didn’t have much morning sickness or food aversions but I COULD. NOT. STAND. The smell of ground beef cooking. Hopefully it goes that nicely this time around! (Probably just jinxed it lol)
  • We decided to get meal plans catered for pregnancy from https://www.topsubscriptionboxes.co.uk/do-the-unthinkable/ its really good! Highly recommend. 
  • Some of the weekly meals:

-Lentils, Peruvian recipe with pickled onions, with white rice and a fried egg on top
    -Beef Tacos with homemade salsa and avocado
    -Spaghetti with meat sauce
    -Baked chicken or BBQ chicken with Mashed potatoes 
    -I am Peruvian so on rare occasions, I also make Arroz Tapado or Lomo Saltado
    -Chicken a la King
    -minestrone soup, cream of squash or chicken noddle (all home-made)

We get pizza and/or another take-out (Chinese, Ramen, Thai etc) once a week

******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @fameonmain2 oh what a good idea this is. I used to be so good at my meal planning but that stopped with all the food aversions. Now that I’m starting to be able to eat more I’m still struggling with what to make!

I usually plan out 3 meals and then have a few flexible options (stuff that won’t go bad if I change my mind, meals that require zero prep), then we get take out once a week. 

@doxiemoxie212 I love your meal plan. I’m always trying to add a couple of vegetarian meals to our plan every week so these are great. 
  • Meal planning has been so hard because of random aversions and lack of energy! This week we have a few things going on in the evening but we’re planning on:

minestrone (pulled from the freezer, thank you self!) with salad and bread 

tacos

spaghetti/spaghetti squash with salad

burgers with green beans and Mac and cheese (cookout at brother-in-law’s)

chili (get together with cousins)

I’m going to pick up a take and bake pizza for Thursday because I’m meeting up with some friends and my husband can’t cook

For meal #7 I’ll make breakfast for dinner if we don’t have leftovers. Probably spinach, feta, and sundried tomato quiche with turkey bacon. 😋
  • I love that this thread has started back up! I’m going to try to remember to start it next week 😊