March 2022 Moms

Light Brown spotting

Hi mom friends!
I am 8+2 and havebeen havinglight brown spottingwhen I wipe. Mostly mixed in with CM; usually happens daily but not ALL day.  On the initial day this happened I wigged out and called my OB, they couldnt work me in so sent me to ER. Luckily, we found our baby with 158 heartbeat, measuring ontime and normal HCG levels (58,000) and no SCH that they saw inthe US. Gave me somepeace of mind but this has continued to happen daily. My OB just want to keep my original 10 week apt. On Aug 23, but did allow my request to come in for HCG and Betas next week to make sure everything in increasing. 

Im still so worried. This is my second pregnancy and i never had any spotting with my first. They said no worries unless cramping or spotting pink/red, but of course I still worry. Anyone had this with peior pregnancies or currently? Any insight apprectiated.

Re: Light Brown spotting

• Edit: I am on day 6 of this happening
  • Hi knottie,

Spotting around 8 weeks is common and seeing the heartbeat is super reassuring. I know it’s hard, but try to remain calm and trust that your bean is growing appropriately. Keep in touch with your doctor if you get scared or if you start cramping horribly. 

For this group, we have a thread dedicated to spotting/bleeding, so I encourage you to keep us posted there. It’s easiest to get to know you if you change your name to something more memorable. Good luck with your little one!