February 2022 Moms
Options

Treat yourself Tuesday 7.27.2021

How are you treating yourself with this pregnancy? Spa days, ice cream, naps? Haha share it all. 

Re: Treat yourself Tuesday 7.27.2021

• Options
    Doing a LOT of stuff lol
    1. still tracking what I eat but giving myself permission to not restrict it, it's very freeing after so long fighting with my body to just celebrate it and let it do its thing
    2. giving myself rest when my body asks for it
    3. giving myself permission to only engage with people who fill my cup instead of empty it
    4. reading (I'm somewhat on track to meet my 100 books in 2021 goal!)
  • Options
    Today I treated myself to a Chai latte and caprese sandwich at a local cafe. It was great. In general, I rest when I need it. I'm trying to feel less guilty about the "no's" I dish out because I don't feel well. @chgilmore Wow, 100 books! I would consider myself I consistent reader but not to that level! What do you like to read?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lexilougolden love me some chai and caprese!! I like to read adult fiction, some historical fiction, lately there are a lot of parenting-related books in the rotation. it kinda jumps around, mostly I like things that are psychologically interesting that are about some kind of relationship that I can get invested in.
  • Options
    I’m treating myself today by taking a nap and being lazy. I’ve felt so terrible and nauseous all day. Luckily dh is home for our staycation so I can be lazy without feeling guilty! 

@chgilmore I love your reading goal! I’m a big reader too! I haven’t made as much time to read as much lately, and instead have been listening to audio books! But I love fantasy, adult fiction too. I’m one of those that doesn’t want to read about real life all of the time. I’m currently reading furyborn by Claire Legrand and it’s pretty good, though it’s more YA. Taking a break from reading the wheel of time by Robert Jordan. I’m on book 5! And I have the latest storm light archive book by Brandon Sanderson waiting on me! 
  • Options
    Today I treated myself to Shake Shack for lunch! And then blew off work in the afternoon to take a nap! Trying to listen to my body and rest when I can. And not beat myself up too much when I don’t have the energy to get a good workout in.
  • Options
    @chgilmore 100 books!!! I’m working on 18 of 42 currently… so behind schedule. Plan to be at 20 by the end of august at least. 
  • Options
    @angelz429 I'm on 18 too!