February 2022 Moms

7.26 Monday BF

Re: 7.26 Monday BF

• Just a personal complaint. I was up 20lbs prepregnancy and have already gained 10lbs this pregnancy. My face looks soo fat 😩 I wanted to get maternity photos this time but I feel like I’ll probably just be hypercritical of all the weight I have. So won’t feel beautiful or glamorous or anything. 
  • @angelz429 I'm sorry you're not feeling beautiful. That's hard! But get those photos anyway! This baby will love those photos and cherish seeing you carrying them. Try to have a little self-love and appreciate what your beautiful (yes, beautiful!!) body has done for you and your LO. {{hugs}}
  • Loading the player...
  • @angelz429 definitely feeling you on this. and now that I have a bit of a belly in that weird "am I fat/bloated or pregnant" phase, it's making me feel a lot worse. definitely talk to your doctor/midwife if you're worried; after talking to my midwife, she basically said "we have these acceptable ranges but even if you watched what you ate and exercised every day, you could still gain 40-50lbs, we have no idea what causes some pregnant people to gain more and some to gain less". so easier said than done, but try to give your body a break, it has been busy. you should absolutely get the pictures <3
  • Well remember, I had my loss in February at almost 24 weeks. I was up 20lbs then and never lost it before getting pregnant again at the end of May. 

It just sucks. Because Oct last year I was at my goal weight. I looked and felt fantastic. Then got pregnant and was like - well, at least I’ll have cute maternity photos since I won’t be starting at such a high weight this time. Jk. 
  • @angelz429 Get the photos! You might be hypercritical of them now but I bet you'll give yourself a lot more grace when it's over and you're feeling more comfortable with yourself!
    @kaf1788 I wish I had more photos too! I always thought it was kinda silly when I would see people post so many pictures of their bellies on Insta or FB. I have a total of one picture with a big belly from the week DS was born. I guess I thought I had time to take them later on and then he came 5 weeks early and I realized how sad I was that I didn't document that time more once I couldn't anymore. Motivation for this time!
    @chgilmore It's so true. I kinda wish doctors wouldn't focus on that unless there is an extreme problem. I gained way more than I was supposed to my 1st trimester and still only ended up at +25 lbs by the end. Your body needs what it needs and I don't think a doctor can tell you that 100%.
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    +1 for the weight. I’m almost the weight that I was at full term with Parker. I was gaining already and I was starting to level and then we had to go in to a 3 week isolation (Parker got covid from daycare) and I gained another 10lbs. Just praying breastfeeding/pumping helps me out after the birth…
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• A little Wednesday Bitch Fest. My husband's office has been saying they're planning on phasing people back into the office after Labor Day. Seemed like a reasonable enough approach until today when they sent out their plan. PHASE ONE is to mandate that EVERY SINGLE PERSON  at the company come in on Mondays and Thursdays. Which will literally be more people in the office at once than pre-Covid. How is going from 0 to 100% capacity even considered a phased approach? I can see if they asked for individual teams to all come in on the same days and staggered those days across the week but there is zero benefit to having the whole company there at once and a whole lot of risk with the way Delta is going. They're lucky it's my extremely even tempered husband who's their employee and not me because I am ready to go off on everybody there.
  • @kaf1788 That's completely ridiculous! Makes no sense to have the whole company come on certain days! Other than for the company to save money on electricity--which there are BIGGER problems than that (delta variant!). That's really frustrating.
  • @lexilougolden Right? It's just so tone deaf to what's actually going on with Covid right now. The only justification they gave was to "enhance company culture". Nothing like enhancing company culture by telling all your employees you don't care about them or their families  :# . Pregnancy technically makes me high risk so I'm gonna have him pull that card. We were totally fine with the prospect of him going in a few times a week but this latest communication just seems like they're giving no regards to public health best practices which makes me nervous.
  • @kaf1788 I'm mad for you!!! WTF
  • Ridiculous. 

Our clinic extreme halted our phased transition back because it’s been bad with the delta variant and the ICUs are filling up again 😭
  • @angelz429 so frustrating!!!! :(