March 2022 Moms

First Ultrasound

When is yours scheduled for?  Are you anxious and counting down the seconds or calm and going with the flow?

I was initially scheduled for Aug. 5th and the wait was killing me. My cycle was weird off my IUD and I was questioning when we conceived. My OB ordered my hCG and it came back at 7,960 on 7/6. They moved up a formal untrasound to 7/15. So glad I only have one week not to wait!  Want to make sure it isn’t ectopic and get an idea on dates. 

Re: First Ultrasound

• July 28th, I'll be 8+4. I'm usually pretty calm and go with the flow during pregnancy, though I'll admit I get a little anxious for the first appointment. 
  • My first is 7/19 so I’ll be just over 7 weeks. I’m thankful I can get in before we leave on vacation but I’m also anxious. My symptoms come and go (totally normal) so whenever I feel normal I worry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • gembudgembud member
    edited July 2021
    TW

Definitely anxious, my loss happened right before my ultrasound and what was supposed to be that appointment ended up becoming a miscarriage appointment. I haven’t stopped puking for four days so I’m not so worried about a loss again, but I’m hyper aware of the timing and anxious to be past this week, ultrasound is on 7/15
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Sarah0335 that's awesome they moved it up! I think there are three of us with ultrasounds next Thursday then. I'm definitely anxious and can't wait to hopefully get that milestone behind me. 
  • Man I need to get on this! I'll probably get an appointment for around 8 weeks...then I can get my NIPT sometime between 9 and 10 weeks. I should probably call my doctor at some point...
  • Mine is 8/2 I'll be 8w 1d and I am very anxiously awaiting that date! It's my first and I'm generally an anxious person, but I think I'll feel calmer after that first appointment.
  • @karisahamdi My first US with DD#1 wasn't until 12 weeks...it was on a Monday and at my doctor's appointment on the Friday they couldn't find the heart beat. All was fine (and she's a gorgeous soft 8 year old now) but I was in full on panic mode until the US. With my 2nd my doctor gave me a surprise one at 7 weeks. I don't know which I prefer. I hope the time passes quickly for you!
  • I forgot the date, but the end of August when I'm well past 12 weeks. Waiting for my new insurance card to come in so I can book with a different OB that will not only let me bring a support person to every appointment but will see me the first week of August!
  • (Im)patiently waiting for our first appointment and dating scan scheduled for August 4th. Anxiety is high. Our first pregnancy, we had a missed miscarriage around 9 weeks. We THINK we will be 8w+6d the day of our scan but that could be wrong. I had some spotting/ light bleeding in May after my IUD removal then again beginning of June and then tested positive June 28 which was only 19 days after I stopped spotting?! This is the first pregnancy we've known this far in advance and the second pregnancy I've not experienced really bad nausea which makes me more nervous. The only other pregnancy I did not experience nausea with ended in a missed miscarriage so I'm apprehensive. Problem is this will be baby 4 for us so I'm already growing out of my regular jeans and having a REALLY hard time hiding my belly! 😳 I'm also AMA and will turn 40 just a few weeks after this little nugget is born. ☺️ Been tempted to move my appointment up a week but I know the later my first scan the better..... 😔

Praying for everyone here for a healthy and easy pregnancy! 
  • @krispy82

TW*********

My 2nd and 3rd pregnancies were both missed miscarriages (at 14 weeks and 10 weeks). My symptoms were super strong early on (probably stronger than my successful pregnancies that early on) so I wouldn't worry too much about symptoms as they really can't tell you much of anything at this point. I'm sure everything is great in there!!!! I was 40 when my 2nd was born and she's a perfect 2 year old now. I completely understand the stress of waiting for that first scan and I hope the time passes quickly for you ❤