January 2022 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday 6/22

Who (or what?) just plain ol' sucks in your life right now? 

Re: TW Tuesday 6/22

• Options
    angiemac9angiemac9 member
    edited June 2021
    Our 2 year old is very sick and will not take medicine no matter how we offer or try to hide it in other foods/drinks. Exhausted from little sleep and a cranky toddler, plus feeling really bad for him :/
  • Options
    My 3.5 year old who refuses to potty train 🙄He will happily 💩 his pants and just sit in it without a care in the world 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @angiemac9 Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. Our kids used to be that way too, we'd have to literally pin them down and shove it in their mouths. It made me feel horrible :( 

The current real state market and the listing agent for a house we really wanted are my TWs for the week. On Saturday we saw a house that we really liked (it wasn't perfect), but the neighborhood was absolutely 100% perfect. We went away for the rest of the weekend mulling it over, weighing the pros and cons, calling loan agents, etc. We got a message from our RE agent early Monday morning that the house was already sold. WTF? What did you do, take the first offer? We didn't even get a chance to make an offer, and sure, maybe it wouldn't have been as good, but at least I would've felt better knowing that at least we got a chance to try. I tried to not get my hopes up to begin with, but I was pretty bummed out. 
  • Options
    @lisa3379 that stinks about the house! The housing market is insane. We want to move, but I can't handle the anxiety of buying right now. 

In our area houses are selling for tens of thousands of dollars over asking price, with multiple offers within hours. Some are buying by listing photos only and waiving contingencies, inspections, and appraisals - that's how competitive it is. Our agent told us to lower our top end budget by 20-30k because that's how much over list price we should expect to spend. No.thank.you. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My complaint is that just when I thought my nausea was dissipating, it hit me with full force last night. It was awful. And I'm still not feeling that great this morning.

*TMI Warning!*

The worst part was that as I was bent over the toilet, the convulsing cause me to also pee myself and then had to clean up the floor and take a shower at 11:30pm. 🤦🏻‍♀️🙈 Ugh. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @magalina_h Oh no! That almost happened to me this morning during a sneezing fit (thanks, random allergies). Motherhood is so glamorous. And I hear you re: thinking the nausea was over. I also thought it was on the tail end and the past few nights have been brutal. Sigh. 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 heads up that around here most house list Friday, do showings Saturday/ Sunday and make a decision by Sunday evening or Monday. Most of those houses have 20+ offers. 
  • Options
    @magalina_h - omg I’m so sorry!  I’m already not good at holding my pee so I’m sure in a week or so I’ll be right there with you!  

@Lisa3379 - ugh, I have heard such horror stories from people that are house hunting now by us.  Stories exactly like yours- and then they go for like hundreds of thousands over.  It’s crazy! Good luck!! 

Besides the jerk wad I mentioned in the symptoms thread this morning I don’t have any other major complaints today.  Although I did call my mom to tell her some of the baby names we are considering and she was super mean about them so I’m kinda bummed.  But I told her “mom you have no right to say anything - you named me Karen!!” Oh and apparently there’s a Karen movie coming out so that’s annoying.