Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 5/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Monday 5/17

• bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 30/33

CD/DPO: 21/6-7

Timing: Either just in time or a little too late  

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: later this week 

R/R: I had another vivid dream on Saturday that there was a hunger games type thing going on except it was the entire world so that’s fun. Then last night I had a pregnancy related one which is always a bummer to wake up and not be real. I’d like to think these crazy dreams mean I’m KU but they started on like 3 DPO sooo can’t say it’s related. Anyway, we had a wonderful weekend. It’s the first weekend I didn’t work at all since December and it was such a great mental break. But then something always has to go wrong so of course I slept like crap and am now exhausted instead of ready to tackle the week. Hopefully I can get motivated soon  

CS/Q: My CHs went back to CD12 yesterday and now back to CD15. I don’t think I ovulated before I turned an OPK so I think it’s safe to say CD 14-15 is correct 

• daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited May 2021

@bows22 so glad you finally got a decent break from work! I hope today goes quickly for you ♥️

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 31/16

Timing: -2, O

Typical LP length: use to be 14 🤷🏻‍♀️

Testing: WFAF

R/R: we had a fantastic weekend! It was so nice to have a little time to ourselves. I found some vintage China pattern i liked (this is a link to what it looks like  

I’m not entirely sure what to do with China haha but it was too pretty to let sit in the antique shop. It is a 10 person set and I’ve been checking it out for a few weeks now. I also got a ton of yard work done and got a few things decorative for the yard. I’m hoping to plant later this week. It was just so nice to have MH home for the weekend for things like church and the cook out and go places together again.

CS/Q: My temp finally went below cover line and I feel like my period may start today. We will see. Took an OPK out of curiosity yesterday and it was very positive. I did a little digging and it seems like an LH surge right before AF is fairly common so I’m hoping that’s all it was. 

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 Nice to hear you got a break. Sorry sleep was bad!

@daisy0322 That sounds like such a nice weekend. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 28/7

Timing: Good.

Typical LP length: 14 but since my loss it has been a tad messed up/shorter.

Testing: not yet

R/R: It is beautiful out today.  I am still on my no alcohol kick (36 days!) and I feel great. 

CS/Q: I disregarded my temps when I was running a fever after my second covid vaccine and finally got crosshairs.  One of the temps is so high it isn't even showing on the chart haha. Chart in spoiler. 

TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• bows22bows22 member
    @daisy0322
    When’s the last time you took an HPT? OPKs also detect hCG so...

• bows22bows22 member
    @ReadyForaB glad you finally got CHs! I hope you can get outside today!
  • daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited May 2021
    @bows22

I took an internet cheapie Saturday (dpo 14) because I wanted to drink and felt like I should double check. Took my last FRER Friday (dpo 13). Didn’t test yesterday or today because I only have digitals left and I’m cheap lol .... I have a POAS problem

ETA- I think OPKs only work as hpt after like 5 or 6 weeks from what I could tell online but I’m definitely not an expert. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @daisy0322 Aw man I was excited for you haha. Hopefully AF shows soon so that you can move on 
  • @bows22 thanks, yes me too! I am pretty excited it looks like everything is functioning properly though! Provided AF shows up soon
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @bows22 I’m happy you got a work break but lame on the sleep. If it’s not one thing, it’s another!! Glad you all had a good weekend!

@daisy0322 I didn’t know that about LH surges, interesting. I guess that makes sense as to why sometimes I get EWCM towards the end of my cycle. I’m happy you all had a good weekend, does YH have to travel again this week?

@ReadyForaB wow over a month, that’s awesome! Your chart looks great 

Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 25

Timing: 🤷🏼‍♀️

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: BFN this morning, not going to test again until Thursday or so if AF hasn’t arrived yet. But my body is annoyingly regular so I’m sure it will.

R/R: i find myself very grouchy the 2nd half of my cycle, to the point where I’m like “I just want to be alone, why did I marry MH” etc. it’s really frustrating. I’m also just tired in general right now. This is very princess and the pea but I can’t find a pillow I like and therefore am never comfortable 😆

CS/Q: nope

• @bows22 +1 for the crazy dreams. Last night I dreamt that I got beat up while teaching. Like... really?? Glad you

@daisy0322 was going to ask if you had tested but looks like you have. Glad you had a nice weekend - that print looks so pretty!

@ReadyForaB hope you get to enjoy the sunshine today!! It's beautiful here too, so hot... like too hot for jeans hot. Love this summer preview! Also, congrats on the no alcohol for 36 days! 

@b_1029 haha I just posted in bfest about how moody I am. Glad I'm not alone.

Month/Cycle: 11

CD/DPO: 35

Timing: ?

Typical LP length: 11-12

Testing: bfns all weekend

R/R: Very curious about where AF is. I have sore boobs, crazy dreams, and random creamy CM. But no AF.

Anyways, I made The Call this morning. As in the call to my OB to start getting tested after the 1 year mark. Honestly such a hard call. But anyways, I first called a new OB much closer to where we live but they don't have anything until July 15. So then I decided to try my current OB but they told me they won't do any testing in house, instead they will give me a referral. So I'm waiting for a call back from them. But it struck me as a little odd - but maybe this is normal? This is a new world for me.

CS/Q: see R/R

• kgg2241kgg2241 member

@b_1029 the pillow frustration is real! I can't find one either. I splurged on the medium level Brooklinen ones and they were such a disappointment. 

@ReadyForaB Good job! I feel so much better when I'm not drinking too. It is hard to make that happen in the summer though.

@daisy0322 antique shopping is so fun! I am glad you picked up the china! One day there will be a reason to use it! Very interesting about the LH surge. I hadn't heard that. 

@bows22 I'm glad you got a break from work! You need to make that happen more often! Sorry about your crappy sleep though. 

-

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 23/6

Timing: -4,-3,-2,-1 

Typical LP length: 15 or 16 days

Testing: later this week 

R/R: I am kicking myself. I broke my work laptop a month ago so I've been using a loaner while they order me a new one. On Friday I spilled coffee on the loaner. I thought it was fine, but it isn't turning on today. I am feeling like I'd rather quit than tell them I ruined a second computer 😭. Jk but ugh. Otherwise, for some reason this TWW is feeling extra long. 

CS/Q: nada

• @ReadyForaB way to go on the no drinking! I’ve been thinking about doing the same but just haven’t made the leap. Weekend cocktails are just so nice in the summer. But I could dive into mocktail recipes for fun. 

@b_1029 sorry about the BFN. And totally feel you on the crabbiness. 🦀 

@daisy0322 unrelated, but when I was a kid I insisted my parents call me Daisy for several months. So your name makes me smile. 

@bows22 vivid dreams are the craziest thing. Hope you’re able to get a solid night’s sleep tonight!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 22/3

Timing: -3, -1 (I think?)

Typical LP length: 14-16

Testing: not til at least 12 DPO, that’s what I’m telling myself 

R/R: we had a really good weekend and it’s gorgeous today so I’m hoping to squeeze in a walk between meetings

CS/Q: I’m done testing with the Mira for this cycle so it’s kinda cool to see a completed chart for the fertile period, it’ll be interesting to see if this pattern holds up in future cycles. I still think that big estrogen spike at the end is kinda weird but maybe that’s a totally normal thing. 🤷‍♀️

• bows22bows22 member
    @b_1029 lol at “why did I marry MH” 😂. I think you’ve earned a day alone to go on a search for a perfect pillow, you should tell him that!

@fameonmain2 definitely not a fun call to make. But, I think a referral to a RE (reproductive endocrinologist) is better than getting the testing done at your OB. It doesn’t hurt for your OB to do the basic testing but an RE will do a full work up, do a test to make sure your tubes aren’t blocked, etc. and are just better equipped for this in general because their job is to get you pregnant while an OB’s job is to keep you pregnant. Whatever appointment you make, feel free to join us in the IF thread if you have any questions. 

@kg@kgg2241 oh my gosh I’d feel the same about admitting I broke a computer. I’ve had the same mouse since I started in 2005 and it finally died a couple of months ago and everyone was like wtf why do you still have that. Because asking for anything new always makes me feel judged! Fingers crossed they take the news well. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @rachelredhead I hope you can get your walk in! I know nothing about Mira but I’m curious to see what happens in your future cycles too (although hopefully there are no more future cycles obviously)
  • cdc101cdc101 member

Month/Cycle: This is my first time doing one of these, so I am assuming this means what month we are in at TTC & how many cycles I have had since starting to try? This is my first month trying & my first cycle trying so 1/1 - please clarify if I am totally getting this wrong haha!

CD/DPO: 27/12

Timing: Can someone clarify what exactly this means? 

Typical LP length: I think it is around 13-14 days if I am calculating correctly.

Testing: I tested this morning because I have a dream last night that I was pregnant, unfortunately the tests were negative but my period is not due until Wednesday so I am praying there is still hope! 

R/R: This is our first month trying, but I didn't realize how long the TWW would feel like. I also thought I was mentally prepared to likely NOT get pregnant on our first month trying because I know the chances are slim - but now that I have tested this morning and it came back as negative, I realized how disappointed I was. I know I shouldn't feel so disappointed because it is our first month trying (& my period isn't even due until Wednesday), but I was really sad this morning when it came back negative. I think my dream I had last night about being pregnant had my hopes up!

CS/Q: None!

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @fameonmain2 haha you’re definitely not alone! I hate the days I’m like this, and MH must not ever have them because he’s always like what happened? What did I do? 
    Sorry about “the call”, it’s so hard to make. The year mark is hard. I agree with @bows22 that it’ll be great to have a referral into an RE. The OB is good for very basic testing so you at least have that when you go to the Re, but then the RE does a deeper dive. 

@kgg2241 I’ve been debating splurging on the tempurpedic ones since that’s the bed we have, but they’re so expensive and idk if I’ll even like them. Meanwhile MH sleeps with his pillow over his head so he doesn’t understand the struggle lol. I would be so stressed about the computer situation too 😬 hopefully they won’t be upset!

@rachelredhead hope you’re able to get your walk in! The Mira looks interesting to me but I have no idea how to interpret the chart! 

@bows22 I’m sorry what you’ve had the same mouse since 2005?! That’s impressive, I didn’t even know they lasted that long. 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @cdc1982 hey welcome!

yes, month/cycle is how many months and cycles you’ve been trying. Sometimes they’re different numbers which is why there’s both. 

People use the timing field in 2 ways- either just saying things like “good” or by sharing the actual days around ovulation that they had sex (so like -2 would be 2 days before ovulation and +1 would be the day after)

it sucks having to wait once you’re ready to have a baby! I’m envious of people who decided they wanted a baby and conceived their first cycle 😅 hopefully it won’t take you all too long!

• @ReadyForaB  glad it sounds like your feeling better since your shot.

@b_1029 no hubs is home! At least for now they’re talking about going out west soon for a bit but only maybe a week. I might even go with him since I’ve not really seen California before. But it’ll depend a little on whoes going and when. M pillow picky too btw ALL our bedding and pillows is from my pillow lol

@fameonmain2 my OB did my initial work up then sent me to an RE. I’ve seen a total of about 8-10 docs since. But I dk t want to scare you I’m an odd ball case.

@kgg2241 oh no! I’m sorry about the Laptop hopefully they’re understanding 

@rachelredhead haha i actually like the name daisy but it’s not my real name my husband and hooked up in and off for a few years before seriously dating and when we got married I said that I was an one night stand that never went away and he said no you’ve always been my daisy (like from the great Gatsby) 

@cdc101 hello welcome! Everything on your post looks good for the most part. Timing is just when you had sex in relation to your ovulation so like -5,-4,-3,-2,-1 are days before ovulating O is ovulation day O+1 is the day after so like my timing this month is -1 and O because I had sex on ovulation day and the day before. I hope that helps! There’s probably a better explanation in the pinned posts 

• cdc101cdc101 member
    @b_1029 Thank you for the welcome & for clarifying those two things! I felt kind of silly asking but I am trying really hard to learn & keep up with all of the abbreviations on here! Haha! 

Yes, I have a couple of close friends that conceived on their first cycle after JUST coming off of BC & I wasn't even on BC before so I am like... how?! Happy for them, but like you said... can totally see how it may turn to envy eventually! Lol. 

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @cdc1982 yes we definitely use a lot of abbreviations here! Always feel free to ask though! 
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @cdc101 It is very hard to wait once you've prepared your heart for a baby. I totally understand the disappointment.

@rachelredhead It will be interesting to see what your cycle does next month. I love seeing it charted like that. I feel like the dots are finally connecting in my head about how this all works. Do you temp too? I don't but I kind of want to see how they would line up. 

@inthewoods23 nice looking lawn! That made a big difference! Enjoy your day being productive! 
  • @bows22 Vivid dreams are always so jarring to wake up from.

@daisy0322 Pretty china!

@ReadyForaB Great job on your no alcohol streak!

@b_1029 +1 for trouble finding a pillow I like. The challenge is real, haha

@fameonmain2 I’m sorry for the confusion on where you are in the cycle, but hopefully good news will be around the corner and you won’t have to worry about your referral!

@kgg2241 Aw, sorry about the computer! That is so frustrating.

@rachelredhead I hope you get to enjoy a walk!

@inthewoods23 Wow! Great job being productive!

@cdc101 Sorry for the BFN, but hopefully it is still just too early.

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 20/7

Timing: Meh

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: WFAF

R/R: Rant: I am beyond frustrated with a personnel issue at work. People are making major decisions that affect my department without consulting us and leaving us in limbo for the next month. Sure, why would we need to know who will be reporting to work in a couple weeks?? Rave: The weather today is absolutely beautiful! I got a walk in at lunchtime and it helped improve my mood (at least a little bit).

CS/Q: Nope

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited May 2021
    @inthewoods23 I missed you earlier, but the yard looks great! Good luck with your productive day!

@abjm0325 that work situation sounds beyond frustrating. 

ETA @daisy0322 yay I’m glad YH will be home for a bit!
  • Finished lunch so thought I would pop in while my food digests. Off to grocery shopping!

@bows22 didn't I have something similar last month where FF said O was before my +OPK? Damn apps lol. CD15 definitely looks right

@daisy0322 sorry for all the cycle confusion! I remember the confusing days of the extra long cycles I'd have. I remember feeling convinced I was KU even though all tests were negative. And then I learned the cause for my longer cycles and taught me what to look for to expect it.

@ReadyForaB nice job! 36 days!

@b_1029 we might be testing buddies! I feel the "why did I marry DH" so hard sometimes. I get that often when we have arguments but as my therapist says "you're 2 good people stuck in a bad pattern". Which helps me know I shouldn't jump the gun simply because I'm having a bad day.

@fameonmain2 it might depend on the practice. My OB did 2 progesterone checks to confirm I was ovulating and then the HSG. We also did DH's SA with him. Beyond that though we got a urologist referral for DH and then the Re referral. I doubt most OBs even know what to look for with the baseline testing.

@kgg2241 oh no not the loaner laptop!!

@rachelredhead have you googled if an estrogen surge is normal after O? I'd be so curious. I think that explains why some get temp drops shortly before or after O, but I can't really say since that doesn't happen in my charts

@cdc101 I think we've all been there with the disappointment of our dreams not predicting the future!

@abjm0325 I feel like we're in a similar situation at work. All these changes are being made but no one ever thinks to ask the peons what they think makes sense 🤷‍♀️ eh whatever
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 good ole Wikipedia coming through with the explanation. So a secondary estrogen peak is totally a thing, I guess. 

• bows22bows22 member
    edited May 2021
    @inthewoods23 holy productive day! That’s awesome!

@cdc101 +1 to everything @b_1029 said. Welcome!

@b_1029 yes 2005! To be fair I use a newer wireless mouse in the office but held onto my wired mouse to keep in my bag to use at home/clients but there still a long time I think. It’s huge and very old school looking haha 

@abjm0325 I’m sorry about the work stress. It’s annoying when people think they just know what’s best and don’t really know the repercussions. Hope you guys get more clarity soon!
  • @rachelredhead Dr. Google does good for a change ha!

@bows22 I have checked EVERYTHING off my list! I can't believe I did it 🤯 If I want to go above and beyond I'd actually fold and put away some of the clothes too. I have a good hour and a half before I'd like to go to bed so there's definitely time for folding/hanging.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @kgg2241 oh no! Hope you get a working laptop soon

@inthewoods23 that’s helpful! I’m antsy because the RE hasn’t called me back yet but I’m happy not to waste time so to speak with the OB. Also the RE is much closer to my home so that’s a good thing. also yard looks great!

@bows22 thank you! I will be heading over there as soon as I get that appt!

@cdc101 as kgg said it’s hard to wait once you’ve decided that you’re ready. The disappointment can be tough but we are here for you! Welcome!

@rachelredhead I’m not familiar with Mira. Is it something you use everyday to monitor?

@abjm0325 ugh, sorry about the work situation. Honestly sounds like my everyday at work 😔

• @fameonmain2 yeah, it’s a little machine that reads special pee sticks for estrogen and LH, tracks them both to pinpoint O. It gives you a value each day (1-10) on how likely it is to conceive. O day is a 10 and any day above an 8 is a good day to try. It’s my first month with it so we’ll see how it goes.