November 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/24

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/24

• To echo @doodleoodle, I have low BP (healthy range) when I’m not pregnant, and even more so when I am pregnant. Seriously 10 minutes out of my hand surgery a couple weeks ago, my BP was 95/53! I wasn’t even sedated for the surgery and got to watch the whole thing 😂

Anyway, low blood pressure, definitely a contributor here 🙋🏼‍♀️
  • Low blood pressure gang right here! Always feel on the verge of fainting, especially when they couldn't find a good vein for my blood tests  :s 
  • Loading the player...
  • My poor sweet baby was doing pretty well yesterday, only had a fever in the morning. He’s had 101-101.4 all day today 😞

Daycare bugs are clearly next level, man. He bit the dust after just two days in, and has had a fever for three since. Le sigh. I’m tired. 
  • So sorry @sliztee hopefully you’re still getting some good snuggles in
  • So sorry @sliztee hopefully you’re still getting some good snuggles in
    Oh yeah! He’s been so sweet and just wants his mommy. 
    He laid his head on the couch and looked up at me and said, “I love you, mommy. I miss you, mommy.” - we’ve been together all day 😂🥰
  • I caught the HB again on the doppler (10 weeks today and was only lucky enough to catch it once before). Baby is definitely higher, at the top end of pelvis bone now.
  • @jenharvey84 ugh that's rough, I've been told that I have tough veins and go in expecting multiple pokes.

@sliztee aww at least you're able to enjoy the cuddles but hopefully he's better soon. DS started daycare March 1st and had a perpetual case of the sniffles for a month, but finally seems to be doing better
  • We are actually sick over here too. I have been miserable and all the coughing fits make me feel like I'm going to throw up. I thought it was allergies at first.
  • @marbellie glad your little one is finally better! I worked in a domestic violence shelter for many years and always carried tissues to wipe perpetual runny noses. I really hate seeing snotty kids 😂
  • @jackie_dunny It's my understanding drops in blood pressure are common in pregnancy because of changes in blood volume and flow and feeling dizzy is a likely side effect. As @doodleoodle says, low blood pressure can also be from low iron (which is also more common in pregnancy). Even when I'm not pregnant, I'm borderline anemic with low blood pressure and have gotten occasional dizzy spells throughout my life. Keeping hydrated is the best way I've learned to manage the condition (especially as we head into summer and it gets hot out here. The heat makes it worse). Always worth a quick mention to your doctor who may have other recommendations.