November 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/24

It's been quiet... anyone have any randoms to share?

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/24

• I have 2!

I just heard little beans heartbeat with my vascular doppler! Im 9 weeks today, has anyone ever gotten it this early? I bought an OB transducer for my vascular doppler and was just testing it out to see if it even worked and then I found baby's heartbeat! I was so surprised. It was WAY down there lol, as to be expected. But Im so excited! This will either strengthen or help my anxiety.

I know some people have wanted to limit check ins, or spread them out.....but what happened to our PGAL check ins? I havent seen one in a couple weeks. 
  • @chartput That's awesome you found your baby's heartbeat! I've never tried to use a vascular doppler.. I'm definitely more afraid that I'll cause myself unnecessary anxiety.
    As far as I know, only a slight swap was made between randoms and STM/FTM check-ins just so the regular check-in and split check-in weren't back to back. You're welcome to start the PGAL check-in if it hasn't been started.. I don't think it's been intentionally dropped. Looks like they were originally done on Thursdays? But don't see why you couldn't start one today since there hasn't been one yet this week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies! Sorry I’ve been MIA! I was having a couple of hard days mentally and fell off the wagon everywhere in my life (including bumping) but I’m back now! 

@chartput I was actually going to mention this! I started the very first one and then it was mentioned that someone who is a member of that group should start the threads so I stepped off. I noticed they haven’t been started in a couple of weeks though so I’m happy to continue posting them (like the others) if everyone is comfortable with that! 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny I hope you’re feeling better ❤️
  • @jackie_dunny oh no! I hope you are feeling better! No problem, I posted one today. I dont mind who posts it, I would totally do it, I just dont alway have time to get on every day, or not until late. You've been doing a great job btw! 
  • @jackie_dunny hope you are feeling better! Never feel bad for taking time for yourself ❤❤
  • @jackie_dunny I'm glad that you're feeling better

@chartput omg you just made my night. I'm 9+2 and decided to crack open my doppler to give it a shot now because of your post and I found the little galloping heartbeat within 2 minutes, that makes me so happy. I had been feeling antsy about the minimal symptoms again lately 😭❤️
  • Ugh, DS just got done puking for the 5th time. Had to have 2 baths. It was nasty. Mac-n-cheese EVERYWHERE. I almost puked 2x walking into the room. Seriously, kid vomit is so nasty. 
  • @jenniferjoy37 omg 5 times?! I hope he's feeling better and I have no idea how you handled it without doing so yourself
  • @jenniferjoy37 oh no! I hope you don’t catch whatever he has
  • @marbellie I held my breath and had to do multiple trips. Haha. He ended up puking a few more times overnight and again this morning... kids were up at 615 after not fully going to bed until after 2AM. It’s going to be an early nap time for the kids. 

@doodleoodle I’m sure he’s just got a small stomach bug. But we’ll need to go get him some pedialyte at some point if he can’t keep his water down. 
  • @jackie_dunny welcome back! Sorry to hear you were going through a hard time and I hope you're feeling better and getting the support you need!
    @jenniferjoy37 Yikes! I hope your son feels better quickly! That sounds miserable for everyone.
  • Arlo attended TWO WHOLE DAYS of daycare before getting initiated into the Germ Club!

Poor dude has a 101.5* temp and is all droopy-eyed and puny 😞 I’m gettin all greedy with these toddler snugs, because he’s only still when he’s sick 😂
  • @sliztee hope he feels better soon :(
  • @sliztee aww poor Arlo, hope he feels better soon
  • Thanks, @doodleoodle and @marbellie! Unfortunately, his fever has increased to 102.6...hopefully he can sleep this off, but I am going to try to get him swabbed for COVID-19 just in case. My poor baby!!! :'(
  • @sliztee oh no! Such a high fever for a little guy. 
  • @slitzee Aww, poor Arlo! FX it's not COVID and that he's on the mend very soon!
  • @sliztee Poor little guy! Definitely hope it's not covid and just a quick little bug ❤
  • @sliztee any improvement yet? DS had a fever that was that high 2 months ago but he was negative for all the usual suspects and it reacted well to tylenol so we had to keep that up for 3 days
  • @sliztee I hope he feels better soon! Poor guy. Something must be going around. My 5yo just got over being sick for two days. High fever that went up to 104. Basically no other symptoms which I thought was weird. Talking to her teacher it sounded like the whole class came down with the same.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sliztee oh no poor little guy! I hope he’s doing better soon! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @sliztee I'm sorry your little one is sick! DS brought home some sort of mutant hybrid cold/stomach bug last week from daycare which had us all puking and now recovering from colds. Daycare germs are truly their own beast 
  • @Starynightsky24 Right?! Arlo has no other symptoms either and is actually annoyed that I keep asking him if anything hurts 😂

Update: Arlo tested negative for strep and COVID-19, and his fever appears to have subsided for now. I’ll check again before bed, which is typically when his fevers go back up 😕
  • @sliztee bless his heart 😞
  • @sliztee poor baby! Hope he gets better soon 💕
  • Thanks, everyone. It really made me feel good reading your messages and I needed a little cheer ❤️
  • Does anyone else have massive bloat. I look like Im at least 5 months pregnant. Im only 13 weeks 🥴
  • @sonovia yes to the bloat!! Especially by the end of the day I swear I look 5 months pregnant!
  • I'm sorry your other kiddos have been so sick 😭 I sympathize! 

@sonovia I am so bloated, everything makes me bloated. I feel sooo gross! 
  • @kbonita285 @jenharvey84 sometimes the calm magnesium helps. Glad to know Im not alone. 
  • @sonovia my bloating has actually recently lessened (I'm 13 weeks today) along with some of my nausea - but I was SO bloated weeks like 8-10, it was rough. 
  • @eggsandwich2019 I'm in the same boat, my bloating was unreal weeks 7-10 but today at 12+4 and it's mostly gone.  My bump basically stopped growing for me at like week 8 which isn't great for the nerves, but I've seen little dude bouncing around in there since then so I'm sure it's just different pregnancies 🤷‍♀️
  • I was just sitting here thinking about having another Fall baby...I was so anxious about visitors and sicknesses with DS. I can't even imagine how I'll do it now with cold, flu AND covid season 🤦🏾‍♀️ I'm actually happy that I can easily say no to visitors this time around though
  • I hate that so many of the big littles seem to be sick right now. My son woke up this morning with a lot of congestion. Something is definitely making the rounds!
  • Ugh. Sorry @mayoduck, it’s sucks so bad!
  • jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited April 2021
    Anybody else dealing with lots of dizziness and a general feeling of being weak? I feel like my legs can’t hold me up  

ETA: meant to post this in symptoms. Oops. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Anybody else dealing with lots of dizziness and a general feeling of being weak? I feel like my legs can’t hold me up  

ETA: meant to post this in symptoms. Oops. 
    Yep. I have been dizzy (especially standing up and after going up the stairs) this entire pregnancy. It really sucks. 
  • @jackie_dunny ME!! I can't free stand for long periods of time, my heart goes too fast, I get weak. Now I'm sitting and still feel like my limbs are too heavy. 
  • @jackie_dunny yes, I had it last pregnancy as well. I had borderline low blood pressure. It could also be low iron. I’d talk to your doctor