September 2021 Moms
Options

STM Check In, 4/15

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 
How are your other kids doing this week? 
Rants/Raves: 
Concerns/Questions: 
GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now?

Re: STM Check In, 4/15

• Options
    sleepydazesleepydaze member
    edited April 2021
    Ahaha sorry I posted a STM discussion at the exact same time as yours somehow! Not sure how to delete mine...?
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  1 two year old. 
    How are your other kids doing this week? He's been pretty good but has hit a super independent, selective hearing, "I don't wanna listen" phase.
    Rants/Raves: nothing right now. 
    Concerns/Questions: natm. 
    GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? My husband has got him watching Blippi and I hate it!  He knows that he can't watch it with mommy.  We usually watch Paw Patrol or Dino Trucks.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sleepydaze The exact same time haha! We were both on the same page 😂

@deziraywatt ahh Blippi.I like paw patrol and Dino trucks! 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 3 and 5 year old boys

How are your other kids doing this week? pretty decent, DS2 has been having a bit of a stubborn phase. Really hoping he wants to potty train soon!

Rants/Raves: House still on the market, we’ve have interest but no offers yet. 
    Our new house has siding now!! I love it! 

Concerns/Questions: I’ve been crampy, anyone else crampy yet? Hoping I’m not overdoing it.

GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? The 5 year old really likes watching YouTube channels like Izzys Toy Time and people playing Minecraft. The 3 year old has been living Disney plus and is into the little mermaid tv show of all things. Also Bluey. 
  • Options
    We sing Blippi songs on the reg here, my son will clean the whole playroom if I throw a toy wrench in his pocket and sing the tool song. 

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I remember being super crampy around 20 weeks with my son. If I remember it must have been a lot since I forgot a lot of the other horrors, I mean symptoms, of pregnancy 
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1, 4 years old 

How are your other kids doing this week? We are going through it this week. In general I love “4”, he’s fun to talk to and has the best imagination ever. But this week I can tell we are headed into a growth spurt by his whining and neediness. 

Rants/Raves: My in laws have an almost 2 year old boxer that’s out of control and jumped on my stomach today. Baby is fine. But this dog just has no good traits and I definitely won’t feel comfortable with it around an infant. It’s really dodgy and nervous, doesn’t even let you pet it but has no problems jumping on you or the walls or furniture. It’s 90% them getting a dog that doesn’t fit their lifestyle and not giving it the exercise it needs but I’m not sure how to handle going forward. 

Concerns/Questions: NATM

GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? J is into Rescuebots/transformers, rusty rivets, and still Mickey. Basically anything I put on as long as I distract him from asking for blippi/fireman Sam that he asks for but doesn’t pay attention when it’s on. 
  • Options

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DD is 2

How are your other kids doing this week? She’s ok. I think she’s in a growth spurt. She decided she no longer needs us at bedtime which is a new development and her dramatic tantrums are at an all time high. She’s really giving me a run for my money these days. She’s having surgery on the 26th and I’m excited for that to be done. 

Rants/Raves: I had a random passing thought last night that this year I can do matching Halloween costumes for DD and the baby and it made me so giddy!

Concerns/Questions: I’m feeling movement so much less consistently the last 2 weeks or so. It’s weird, but the baby is fine. It must be the anterior placenta - I’m just so not used to this and it’s tripping me out. 

GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? All the cocomelon!!!!!!
  • Options
    sleepydazesleepydaze member
    edited April 2021
    @deziraywatt I hear you on the 2 year old struggle! Although lately DS has been saying "OK mommy" sometimes so I feel like there's hope for less tantrums some day.
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast haha yes what are the chances? And I somehow had 2 of the same threads going lol. 
    Also I've been feeling crampy when I overdo it but I'm kinda worried about it due to my short cervix condition. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DD is 3.5 and DS is 2 soon
    How are your other kids doing this week? Mostly alright, typical ups and downs. 
    Rants/Raves: Rave: We went from winter coats last week to tank tops this week. It's amazing the change in attitude in me and the kids when it's sunny out! 
    Concerns/Questions: moms of 3+, how did you find the transition from 2 to 3, easier or tougher than 1 to 2?
    GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? We sometimes do family movies. Frozen is #1 fan pick
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DS1 - 5 and DS2 10 months 
    How are your other kids doing this week? we are surviving this week! We are at my parents house for the week and our routine is just off. DS1 is fine, but DS2 is not doing great in the PnP rooming with us..it's been a lot of sleepless nights, and he is NOT a cuddle bug so bringing him into our bed just causes more screaming. I'm definitely ready to get home. 
    Rants/Raves: I'm also about to crush DS1's heart because he is supposed to have his first baseball game tomorrow and he has been SOOOO EXCITED. We have been counting down the days for weeks and he has been "practicing" every day after school and telling everyone and anyone who will listen. Of course we got hit with 6 inches of snow last night and more expected tonight and tomorrow...so his game is canceled. He is going to be crushed. I feel crushed just thinking about his sad little face. So I'm trying to think of something fun we can do. on Saturday to make up for it. 
    Concerns/Questions: 
    GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? Wild Kratts has been a favorite in our house for about 3 years now - DS1 LOVES it! And honestly DH and I don't mind it at all! We also really like Avatar the last Airbender and Rescue Riders. 
  • Options
    @deziraywatt I am so thankful my kid never knew Blippi - it looks awful! We are pretty strict with the "if we can't stand it - you can't watch it" since tv time is usually when we are all together. 

• Options
    @chewie5990 my husband really doesn't mind it. He just kind of goes around teaching kids about different things and singing catchy songs. So they watch it together but if mommy comes home it gets shut off
  • Options
    emjeveemjeve member
    edited April 2021
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 3 girlies 7, 5, and 2 3/4

How are your other kids doing this week? DD1 has gotten into a little trouble at school this week. She is butting heads with a classmate and it’s causing lots of problems at recess... who knew the drama started so early?!? Other than that they are great! DH is taking them all to a Father Daughter dance tomorrow night so I’ll have the evening to myself!

Rants/Raves: the girls are so excited about the new baby! They want to know everything about how LO is growing and developing. And they’re coming up with some pretty funny baby name ideas 😂 Rant- DH has been having some really long work days this week- I’m exhausted!

Concerns/Questions: natm 

GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? Miraculous is the new fav in our house!

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I am crampy as well. Lots of RLP too. Ugh!

@sleepydaze going from 1-2 was so much more difficult for me than going from 2-3! I had a lot of mom guilt once DD2 was born (DD1 wasn’t getting as much attention; DD2 never had 1 on 1 time with me...), but I got over it by the time number 3 came around 😂

edit for typo 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  Two boys - 9 and 14. I'm pretty sure I have the oldest kids here! 👵

How are your other kids doing this week? They're doing ok. DS2 does online learning and I am counting the minutes till that's over. Having him on the computer from 9-3 does not help his hyperactivity one bit. By the end of the school day, he's literally bouncing off walls.  DS1 is entering the grumpy teen mode. He is usually a happy go lucky kid, but lately has been pretty moody. He's getting a job soon, which I'm actually pretty happy about!

Rants/Raves: I mentioned last week that DH got an obscure email from work asking him to outline his responsibilities at the company....made us all stress. It ended up being nothing! A total miscommunication on the part of the middle man. It ended up being that he's getting additional duties at the company, so I can breathe now! Way to make us sweat...

Concerns/Questions: natm

GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? It's tough getting everyone to agree, but we did all love Wanda Vision. Also Ultimate Beast master on Netflix is a big hit around here.
  • Options
    @kissyfir1586 so glad that email turned out to be nothing!
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I've been crampy too, I don't remember this from my first pregnancy, but it just won't stop with this one for some reason.

@kissyfir1586 whew! great news!

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 6 yo boy

How are your other kids doing this week? Oof, we've had a rough week. He had a dentist appointment that was pretty rough. I should have insisted on coming in with him especially since I'm vaccinated but I was trying to be respectful of their policies and they said parents needed to wait in the car. Turns out he was terrorizing their office and spitting at the dentist and hygienists. The roots of his teeth are deteriorating too quickly, and we don't know why, but he needs even more dental work already. Our next stop is an orthodontist, and we're going there before any of the dental work is happening, so I'm hoping they'll have some more useful information. I'm concerned his poor nutrition is the cause of this problem, so I'm going to bring it up at his next well visit with the ped, which is next week. Ultimately, who cares about the baby teeth, but if the adult teeth also deteriorate quickly, we're in for a lot of trouble going forward. He also had a bit of a breakdown that same day about not getting to do anything fun or go anywhere fun, and he's totally right, poor kid. So we took our first trip back to our best local playground in over a year, and he had a blast. It was nice to finally get to see him smile and run and laugh for a good long time.

Rants/Raves: My mom asked me what baby gear we still needed because they want to help, and so I looked back over my list and found that we really don't need anything else big. I think my mom's going to gift me the diaper/mom bag I really want, and she wants us to take a trip to Target to get a bunch of the little stuff that I still need the next time we visit. So I'm feeling pretty well prepared and not overwhelmed by the amount of money we'll need to spend on stuff. It makes me feel a lot better about knowing we'll need to pay a pretty big chunk for the delivery and doula.

Concerns/Questions: Anyone hiring a doula? I just interviewed one yesterday, and have another interview coming up. I'm looking forward to choosing one, both of the options have great service plans and I'm excited to get started.

GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? Mine is just obsessed with minecraft and roblox youtube videos. I constantly have to monitor what he's watching because some are inappropriate and it's exhausting.
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs curious to know more about what the doulas offer! I’ve been toying with it but haven’t even researched so you’d be my first point of reference 
  • Options
    @runningonindie I'm sure it's different everywhere, but the ones most highly recommended in my area offer 1 or more prenatal visits (sort of like private childbirth class, plus assistance with preparing a birth planning, etc). I love the idea of skipping childbirth education this time in a group setting, but having a private "refresher" lesson with our doula. Then, they are "on call" 24/7 beginning 2 weeks before the due date, and will answer the phone anytime you call during that time day or night. They'll come to you while you're in labor whenever you request they arrive, and stay several hours after the baby is born to assist with breastfeeding and just generally getting you comfortable. The one I spoke with already mentioned that she'd even go pick up a meal for us if that's what we requested. Having had a doula for my first birth experience, I can't rave enough about how awesome it is to have another adult in the room who isn't stressed out by however I'm dealing with the labor. And since she's only there for me, she's focused on my birth plan and my comfort, and can help us talk through options if there are decisions that we need to make.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @Aerialmrs did she ever feel like a “third wheel”? I never got any alone/bonding time with my husband and baby due baby’s (almost immediate) emergency hospital transfer - and while I am really yearning for a more peaceful and happy delivery this time, I also don’t want to feel like we have a constant guest. So I’m on the fence. An acquaintance of mine recently became a doula so I have her as an option either to hire or just to learn more, which I guess couldn’t hurt. 

Basically due to our first’s extreme and urgent medical issues, I know I want to be in a hospital setting for SURE - but I almost wish it could feel a little less hospital-ish..... not sure that makes any sense but it does in my head 😂😂😂 
  • Options
    @runningonindie I haven't had experience having a doula, but my best friend is a doula (so I feel like I kinda get a lot of free doula services...not the actually being there during birth thing - that's just not for me, but the support during pregnancy and postpartum. From my experience talking to my friend I feel like for STM's doula support PP is really amazing - she often will stay for a while after baby is born and she helps a ton with establishing BF and just making sure mom is 100% as comfortable as possible. She also does a few PP checks after going home from the hospital - she will bring groceries, just offer support, and even help with other LOs if that's what you need. Every doula is different though, so it's really about finding someone that offers what you need. 
  • Options
    @runningonindie They can really be around as much or as little as you like. During my 35-hour induced labor last time, Our doula didn't come at all until around 14 hours into it, then she left maybe 8-10 hours later when I wasn't progressing much, and came back after I'd been pushing for a couple hours (that particular part wasn't part of the plan). The cool thing about having a doula is that you can discuss that kind of thing in the weeks/months leading up to your labor, about what exactly you'd like her around for, etc. It definitely doesn't hurt to go ahead and talk to/interview a doula or two! You can talk to them about your specific concerns and see what the reaction is.

• Options
    @Aerialmrs I'm considering a postpartum doula this time. 

I'm most likely having a repeat C section, so I'm not concerned with the laboring/birth aspect (and our birth plan is essentially "get baby out safely"), but we don't have a ton of local family to come help, so I'd kind of like someone to come a few times (maybe even at night) to help get the at home routine started. 

My mom was supposed to come for 4 or 5 days when my son was born, but developed a cold after one night. I got home from the hospital on Friday and my mom was gone by sunday and my husband went back to work on Monday. I'm not sure anything has ever seemed so overwhelming! 

And most friends were still hesitant to visit that early and I was just so lonely. I think having a doula would help me figure out more of a selfcare routine (rather than running to cry in the shower as soon as DH gets home) and help me feel more confident about sleep/wake times. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 3yo

How are your other kids doing this week? Overall DS is a riot and getting to be a lot of fun, but we're having a potty regression that I am NOT a fan of. I hate to "punish" for accidents, but he just can not stop himself if he's having too much fun, so we don't really know what else to do than to say "We can't go outside until you go potty first" or to suggest he can't watch a show when he gets home until he goes potty. If we let him get at all distracted, it's like he forgets he has a bladder. 

Rants/Raves: 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? We finished Bluey, so we're mostly on Octonauts and movies. DS loves "Let it Go" and the Toy Story movies. 
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs I conveniently set up a play date for DD tomorrow with her little friend who’s mom is a doula 😂 I’ll be slipping a few questions in. She’s also pregnant. 
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? I have a 4 year old. 
    How are your other kids doing this week? Nothing exciting. He found a snake game on his iPad that he’s obsessed with. You eat little dots and grow bigger. Yesterday he was running around the house yelling “I eat balls!” 🤣🤣
    Rants/Raves: 
    Concerns/Questions: 
    GTKY: What shows are your kids watching right now? He’s getting into Pokémon!