March 2021 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Postpartum Mom Essentials

Last one for our board! Many of us have given birth already so let us know the products that worked out for you. 😊

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week we're discussing postpartum mom essentials!

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to navigate and respond to.

For S+TMs: 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Your Recommendations :
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it: Why? 
  • Additional thoughts on postpartum mom essentials: 

For FTMs:

• Any questions for S+TMs?:
To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrF0iah5XaJFdFTHzNVcIEq4ujZTwq_j1bG9W-bovNs/edit#gid=0
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight: Postpartum Mom Essentials

• Options
    As a C-section mom, I've built myself a little nest on the couch. Beverages, snacks, baby, all here next to me. My incision isn't healing as fast as expected so I'm still on very light duty 2 weeks out. Only lifting the baby. 
    I need sanity saving items. Whatcha got? 
  • Options
    Frozen pads. All the frozen pads. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 for frozen pads. Dermoplast was amazing. I had a little trolley that I would wheel around to wherever I was going to be. It had everything I needed within reach: nipple bam + compresses, burp cloths, magazines/books, coconut water and all the snacks. I made lactation cookies with Brewer’s yeast and drank a lot of fennel tea to increase my supply. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I 2nd dermoplast and also tucks! Those are what saved me with my 1st delivery and 2nd degree tear (maybe 3rd, I don’t remember it’s been 5 years lol). I was given some at the hospital to take home and bought extras when I ran out.
    Plus a little postpartum basket in every bathroom with those, a peri bottle, pads, and change of underwear in case of leaks. 
  • Options
    Meds and supplies for gas pain, as I'm finding out. It's some of the worst pain I've had between my 2 c sections. My abdomen is bloated and it's almost excruciating to eat and drink. So far not moving much, heat packs, mylicon and mylanta are keeping it tolerable. I'm going home today and my toddler isn't going to understand that mama is in a lot of pain 😩
  • Options
    @firsttimemamabear9 oh, I’m sorry you’re in so much pain! I would hate to not be able to eat or drink. Hope things better soon! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just an update on the gas pain. Had to check back into the hospital tonight, the pain was so unbearable. Turns out my intestines stopped working due to the c section and nearly caused a bowel obstruction. I have to pump and dump my milk here in the hospital so that hopefully by the time I can get back to baby boy all of the pain meds are out of my system. I just hope he keeps wanting to latch on and feed after being away for a whole day and night.
  • Options
    @firsttimemamabear9 I'm so sorry you are going through that. I hope you are feeling better!
  • Options
    @duhduhduck & @redselig thank you! I am feeling better and hope to be going back home tomorrow morning.