Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Monday 3/8

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 3/8

• Options
    @bows22 oh no, I'm so sorry. It's so unfair to be trying for so long only to have it ripped away from you. Take care of yourself in the coming days and feel free to join us in TTCAL if you'd like <3

Month/Cycle: 4 AL

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, GF/DF diet, PNV

R/R: eh Monday. That is all. Over the weekend I started listening to a true crime podcast and boy I need to stop listening after like 8pm cuz it's gets a little scary to listen to when it's dark haha.

CS/Q: Probably going to stay until I get CHs. Not sure if O was yesterday or if it will be today. Signs point to yesterday, but I got a tiny temp dip this morning. *shrug*

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause indefinitely
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @bows22 I am so sorry about your recent loss.  It's never easy to get your hopes up so high, only to have it ripped away. :( <<<Hugs>>>
  • Options
    @bows22 sending you so many hugs. I'm so sorry for your loss. 💕

@inthewoods23 haha that podcast would definitely mess with my ability to sleep.

I think I'm hoping to try dipping my toes back into the dailies.

Month/Cycle: 21/2 AL

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: NTNP this cycle (we're technically benched)

R/R: Hi ladies. I've been struggling with feeling disconnected here so I'm hoping coming back to the dailies will help with that.
    TW* loss
    I had a MC in January and am finally on to the next cycle after it. My doctor wanted us to wait 2 cycles after the loss to actively try with medication again.
    Not much to talk about today. School is still going strong in person and I'm grateful to be fully vaccinated. I'm definitely feeling a bit burned out this year and am anxiously counting down to spring break.

CS/Q: nope
  • Options
    @bows22 i'm so sorry

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: digital opk, tracking, trying to remember vitamins

R/R: refinance closing took a whopping 9 minutes this morning, lol. love it. i have to call our current lender to cancel our automatic payments b/c the loan will be paid off before the next payment is due and i'm sure that process will take longer lol. 

CS/Q: nada

• Options

@bows22 <3 hugs if you want them

@gingermama29 welcome back to dailies and congrats on being fully vaccinated!

@anniemarie887 congrats on the refinance closure - that's a big deal!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: bbt, CBAD opk, cm/cp, pnv

R/R: MH and I are dealing with some wild HOA drama and it is very stressful but I am grateful for the distractions that come with the work week!

CS/Q: 

cbad gave me my first "high" reading yesterday, apps predict O on Thursday or Friday, I used so many tests of the 20 in the box last month that I don't quite have enough to test daily this month but I don't want to buy more if I don't have to since they're pricey so I'm testing every other day. I'm also definitely overthinking cm/cp tracking - in general I need to chill out lol so I don't end up all SS this cycle!

• Options
    @anniemarie887 yay for refinance closure! 

@chgilmore sorry for the HOA drama. I can't imagine having to deal with that. Hopefully it'll be resolved quickly.
  • Options
    **lurking from TWW**

@bows22 hugs. all of them.
  • Options
    @chgilmore Sorry about the HOA drama!  That is never fun.

CM<div class="Spoiler">One thing I learned about cm tracking that made it so much simpler was just to note the sensation when wiping in the bathroom.  If the TP glides smoothly, and/or if you touch what's on the paper with your finger, it stretches?  Then mark E.  Gliding / stretching = E  That's it!  FF only cares really if you have fertile type CM.  So that made it very easy for me.  You could go ahead and mark dry if you really want, if you didn't notice anything that entire day, but I never even bothered.  Makes it so easy to check as many times a day that you pee! 😂 Without overthinking it.
    </div><p>@anniemarie887  Congrats on the refi!  I agree, cancelling autopay can be I real struggle. 😬 GL with that!</p><p>@gingermama29 So sorry to see you back here ((((hugs))))</p><p>@inthewoods23 I have been taking a bit of a technology break for some of the same reasons - too much going on in my head late at night was making for some super late bedtimes!  Obviously I'm not doing great with it today lol but at least I'm grateful to be back on a better schedule.</p><p>
    </p><p>
    </p><p>Low key intro....</p><p>I wasn't sure how active I would be this time around but hi!?  I really go on the IF thread / board, if anything.  I'm technically past WTO this cycle, but since we have azoo, there's no trying on our own / no real TWW either.  Once I get my March period will be our testing cycle. 🤷 I'm not even sure how much point there is in introing on the current TTGP format, because we only have two embies, so our TTC journey will likely be over in the next 2-3 months, regardless of the outcome. 😔🤞🙏</p><p>But I'm lurking anyway, so I figured I'd try to be as supportive as I can. 😊😊😊</p>
  • Options
    chgilmorechgilmore member
    edited March 2021
    @BusinessWife thanks for the tip! this is definitely much lower maintenance than what I have been doing lol

ETA: welcome (back?)!
  • Options
    @bows22 I'm so sorry ❤️

@anniemarie887 "trying to remember vitamins" 😂 I feel this in my soul. Ran out of prenatals a couple days ago (that I get from my Dr) so I had to amazon my back up brand until I call my Dr for more. 

@gingermama29 *hugs* and welcome back ❤️

@inthewoods23 sometimes I only watch fluff TV (aka nothing intense or emotional) because it winds me up too much before bed! I feel like a crime podcast would absolutely do the same 😂

@chgilmore I kinda do the same as @BusinessWife said... I just look at the TP when I wipe. I get oddly weirded out sticking my fingers up there 🙈

Also @BusinessWife Welcome! 👋

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: bbt/cm

R/R: rant/rave? Idk. DH made brownies yesterday and I keep eating them, but I don't even like brownies that much 🤦‍♀️ 

CS/Q: nope, not a whole lot to see, except WOW my old thermometer really threw off my temps pre-O. Not enough to make a difference in temping, but just interesting to see me "true" pattern versus my thermometer's fave temp.

• Options
    @pajamstagrams I mean...those brownies do sound especially delicious then! or is it that they're just...there? I have the latter problem when MH buys cookies (nutter butters, oreos, chips ahoy, etc). also wow, I didn't know a thermometer could be that different for bbt! 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I am very thankful that I have TTGP because you guys get it ❤️

@inthewoods23 thank you❤️  I feel like I don’t really “go there” because it was just so early and so fast, but I may take you up on it if I’m having trouble getting past it. Also, this is a dumb question but how does one listen to podcasts? Is it something that’s online or do you need an app?

@gingermama29 I can relate to feeling disconnected, maybe if we both are back in the dailies it will help. I’m so glad you are vaccinated! And hopefully this cycle goes quickly for you!

@anniemarie887 congrats on the refi! Hopefully stopping your old payments is painless 

@chgilmore i read about your HOA drama in the other thread and that is nuts. Sounds like they are just on a witch hunt. 

@busines@BusinessWife what do you mean the current format? You know we will take anyone who wants to give and receive TTC support! 

@pajamast@pajamstagrams  lol @ your thermometers “favorite temp” glad you are getting a better picture!

• Options
    @gingermama29 happy to have you back in the dailies :)

@chgilmore it would be real nice if they came out with a box of JUST the sticks for the CBAD. Back when I used to use those I would use almost all 10 for 1 cycle and a couple times I did get really close to running out right before getting the peak reading.

@pajamstagrams mmm I haven't had brownies in quite a while! I'm surprised at how much these stories put me slightly on edge. Obviously there's no one but me and DH in the house. I should be more scared if I was listening to ghost stories! :D

@bows22 you're welcome over there any time if you need it <3 and yes, you can listen to podcasts via app and some you can get online. I listen through Google Podcasts but you can get podcasts through Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and the I Heart Radio app (I think) amongst others. Some podcasts post videos to youtube of their episodes.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
  • Options
    @bows22 I know the board has been pretty strict about the three month rule in the grad checkin thread for a while now, so like, even if I were to get a BFP in April, I would just have to quietly saunter out, so...
    <<Insert gif of Homer Simpson fading back into the hedges >>> Kwim? :/ Idk. With my luck they will find something going on that delays it and things take long than that anyway, who knows? Lol

@pajamstagrams Glad you're getting more reliable temps now!
  • Options
    @BusinessWife I think that there are several of us who would be thrilled to have gotten to quietly leave. You obviously belong here and are welcomed with open arms but just keep that in mind❤️
  • Options
    True enough ❤️❤️❤️ @bows22 After x amount of time TTC, that certainly was never me!  I do hope there's some ACTUAL HOPE in knowing someone has been neck-deep in the wait, and totally gets it though.  (((Hugs))) After all we've been through, there is always something a little bit scary about trying again, but what choice do you have.
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams @chgilmore Thank you!  I hope your stays here are short and sweet!

@bows22 I have the "podcast addict" ap on my phone, and then I just add channels, and download episodes, to listen to either in my vehicle on bluetooth, or around the house... I need to find one of our handy bt speakers though, bc listening on the phone's speaker alone kind of sucks.
  • Options
    @bows22 yeah that's what I think too, I hope we can all once again learn to cohabitate and act neighborly again (in addition to making some changes, of course)

@inthewoods23 ugh yes! why don't they do it?!? are the strips included specially encoded to the particular reader or something?? I'm colorblind and because of that, I have a very, very hard time picking up the intensity of the regular strips and don't want to potentially miss a peak, so I feel kind of stuck with cbad
  • Options
    inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited March 2021
    @chgilmore I don't believe they are. I think at least once I had to crack open a 2nd box for the test strips for the reader that I started with when I was testing in that cycle since the first box ran out. I'd use the reader from the 2nd box for the next cycle. I think you have to right? The reader doesn't work once it's shown a peak reading I think.

Edit: if you struggle with the line colors being colorblind, you may actually really like the Premom app. You can take pictures of the dip strip tests and get a T/C ratio. It compares the colors of the test line to the control line to tell you if it's positive or not. So a ratio of 1.0 (test line same as control line) or higher is a positive and anything below is negative.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I'm using the same reader as last cycle right now and it works fine, you just have to give it 8 days or something and then it auto resets. still annoying especially since you can't replace the batteries when it inevitably dies. but thank you for the app recommendation! when I run out I'll definitely check that out :)
  • Options
    Ooh!  That is a great idea! @inthewoods23 re: using an app to read the opks for you.

I also felt stuck with the cbad sort of for similar reasons.  Agreed, that once the reader has shown a peak it's basically done for that cycle, (I'm not sure how long it takes to reset).  But you can def use the same reader again for various packs of test units, if you have like two left from one and then also a new pack.  @chgilmore you just can't start in the middle of your cycle with a new *reader* if the batteries die or something because it needs so many baseline readings to go from.  If you start with a new reader right at your peak, it won't give you a correct reading, unfortunately.  Not that that's ever happened to be before 🤦🤦🤦😆😆😆😑😑😑
  • Options
    @BusinessWife whoa what?! that's wild! geez - technology! definitely keeping this in mind, plus the app...probably gonna switch to regular ol' opks after this
  • Options
    **lurking**

wait @BusinessWife that's such helpful info - that's probably why I didn't get a peak reading this cycle. 
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 ah!  That's super annoying!  But yes, if you switched readers that will totally do it. :/. I should have prefaced my post with, "I do t know who needs to hear this, but..." Lol
  • Options
    @BusinessWife hi and welcome!!

@pajamstagrams ahhh now I want brownies!

@bows22 Thank you friend! Hopefully being back in the dailies will help with feeling more connected here again. 

@inthewoods23 thank you friend. 💕
  • Options
    *lurking from TWW*
    @bows22 I just saw your news. I am so sorry about your loss. Sending you huge hugs, my friend.💗
  • Options
    @bows22 just wanted to pop in and say I am so sorry. Sending you all the virtual love! ❤️