2nd Trimester

Subchorionic Hematoma?

14w6d here... Doctor said that since I’m already in the 2nd Trimester, not to worry too much & that it would resolve itself on its own... A little apprehensive to exercise like I was before finding out, but I’m going to keep walking. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this & how you felt and dealt with it. 

Re: Subchorionic Hematoma?

• Did you have a heavy bleed or something? How did you know you have a SCH? I had one at 10 weeks with my twins. I bled so much and so fast it was horrifying. Gushes of blood that drenched my jeans and I sat on a toilet with the blood running out of me so fast it sounded like I was peeing. Big clots too. But no pain at all so I went to the ER and the babies were fine, moving around, looked like all was normal. I was put on modified pelvic/bed rest until 3rd trimester. I had a trip to Disney planned a few weeks after it happened and I had to spend my time at the parks in a wheelchair. Personally I'd take it easy until it shrinks. You can get back to your regular exercise routine when your baby is safely on the outside. SCH is normally not too concerning but you don't want to have a bleed-out like that. It's traumatizing.
  • Oh, you poor mama!! That would absolutely terrify me. I’m so glad you’re okay after that experience.... ❤️  Thanks for the advice- I stopped exercising like I was before I found out,  and now just take long walks most weekdays. I honestly did not know about it until our ultrasound at 14w4d... and had Zero symptoms- now we’re already almost 16 weeks, and still no symptoms. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, well if they just found it on an ultrasound and you didn't bleed then you're probably fine! I'd still take it easy, wouldn't do anything to jostle your pelvis too much like high-impact aerobics or horseback riding. It's true, they do shrink over time and it'll probably be gone by the end of 2nd trimester.