Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 2.10

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Wednesday 2.10

• Options

Month/Cycle: 9/8

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: charting, OPKs

R/R: Not much going on. I did watch the Framing Britney Spears documentary yesterday and it was really interesting, definitely recommend! Also DH and I are watching Trial 4 on Netflix. It leaves me speechless after every episode. 

CS/Q: nothing to see yet

• Options

@fameonmain2 ooh I wanted to watch Framing Britney Spears.  We are watching the new season of The Sinner on Netflix with Matt Bomer as the suspect and it's so good!  Plus he's so pretty!

Month/Cycle:  13/13

CD:  12

WAYDTGKU:  Prenatals, OPKs, CoQ10, DHEA,  Clomid, IUI

R/R: Popping back on after a busy couple of days!  Pretty uneventful here, just getting snow almost every day this week (ugh).   Lots of driving to vaccine clinics and seeing patients in my office in between so it's keeping me from stressing too much.  Waiting for that peak OPK to get this party started.

CS/Q: no questions

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@fameonmain2 I have heard good things about the Britney documentary.  I feel so badly for her.  She want through so much at a very young age and didn’t seem to have people looking out for her well-being.

@quiltandknit Be safe driving in the snow!  Hope you get your peak OPK soon.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: temping

R/R: I found the Big Bang Theory on HBO Max so I have been watching old episodes.  

Heavy thoughts warning: As I get older though, the whole “dorky guy wins the pretty girl” narrative bothers me more and more.  Continuing to pursue someone who is not interested is not charming; it’s creepy and wrong.  There seem to be a lot of movies and tv shows that give the impression that someone will fall for you if you’re only persistent enough (i.e. continue to ignore objections and boundaries).  I see it as more prevalent in pop culture with the guy as pursuer and a woman as the pursued.  But vice versa or in to gay relationships or with non-binary persons, etc. is just as wrong. 

::stepping off soapbox:: 

**TW** TTC History
    TTC#3 since Nov 2020 at ages 35 & 39
    TTC#1 - 2 IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 2 miscarriages (LC age 4)
    TTC#2 - a very welcome surprise without intervention (LC age 2)

• Options
    @fameonmain2 ah, sorry to see you back on this side of TTC. I’m going to have to watch that BS documentary. I quickly googled it and it seems similar to the Tiger Woods documentary MH and I just watched. Gives you a whole new perspective on these celebrities. 

@quiltandknit be careful driving in the snowy conditions and also stay healthy! Do you wear a plastic visor at work throughout your shift?

@dobbysfavoritesock Hah... I missed that you have been rewatching Big Bang Theory before reading your monologue and I immediately thought it was that show you might be referring to. That show is all sorts of wrong. It was thought that it will help improve image of men and women who work in STEM (science, tech, engineering, math) so as to encourage more kids to pursue those disciplines, but it did the complete opposite, perpetuating and really cementing the existing stereotypes, including - as you pointed out - the “dorky guy relentless pursues cute girl until she sees the light” trope.

Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: taking a break from treatments / maybe prep for IVF. Continuing with all the vitamins for MH and I

R/R: took a day off yesterday as we ended up staying in Tahoe an extra night opting to drive first thing yesterday morning. I was so tired by end of day that I ended up going to bed at 7:30. The fact that I was on liquid diet all day yesterday didn’t help with energy levels. I was totally pooched!

Big day ahead today: having my endoscopy/ colonoscopy to hopefully figure out source or my digestive issues (that might be contributing to fertility issues) followed by the long-awaited consult with The Egg Whisperer. I have built up this consult so much that I’m afraid I’ll be disappointed.

CS/Q: not consistently tracking anything yet.

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    @quiltandknit ohh I'll have to check out The Sinner! C'mon OPKs!

@dobbysfavoritesock I never got into it. I'm not much of a sitcoms person tbh. But +1 to everything you said.

@acleverusername I hope you treat yourself to an excellent meal tonight after all that deprivation! Can't wait to hear about TEW!!
  • Options
    Lurking cause I guess I'm still in the tww (come on AF!)
    I loved the Britney documentary! I feel so bad for her. I really hope something big comes out of all this attention. Also, can't wait to start Trial 4. It looks good!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options

@fameonmain2 glad you've had some good things to watch

@quiltandknit same on both the snow and OPK watch lol

@dobbysfavoritesock I definitely agree there. and like you said, the flipside bothers me too. Especially when the same people that criticize men objectifying women openly objectify men like it's a tit-for-tat sport or something.

@acleverusername I hope the appointment goes (probably went at this point in the day) well!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon supplements

R/R: short day classwise today which is good because headache. Hopefully excedrin works and I don't have to take a migraine med. Tomorrow's an on-campus day for me and I also have to get my brain poked again because everyone with any on campus presence is required to get covid tested weekly. At least we'll know basically immediately if covid makes any appearance in my household, since if one of us gets it probably both of us will.

Also my state opened up vaccines to people 65+ so by the end of the month my parents and my in laws will all be at least first-half-of-vaccinated! :grin:

CS/Q: nothing exciting, got a visible test line on opk yesterday so hopefully I'll get a positive in the next weekish? my surge tends to build over a few days so we'll probably start HIO this weekend, especially given my surprise CD18ish ovulation last cycle. I also only just now realized I hadn't fixed the border on my chart pasting image so it's been messed up all cycle, whoops! :D

• Options
    jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited February 2021

@fameonmain2 I’ve heard good things about this Britney Spears documentary so DH and I will have to watch this soon, maybe this weekend! 

@quiltandknit sorry about all the snow. Hopefully you get a positive OPK soon 🤞🏻

@dobbysfavoritesock I also +1 everything you said. I love watching old favorite shows (particularly Friends) but watching them in today’s world makes me sad because I see how problematic they really are. They still bring me “comfort” though watching them because of having grown up with them 

@acleverusername I hope the consult went really well today was everything you were hoping it would be! Can’t wait to hear all about it 

@fantasyflyte yay! Glad your parents and in-laws get to be vaccinated soon! I hope your headache goes away soon 🤞🏻

WAYDTGKU: PNV, SMEP, charting (FF, BBT, CM, CP), OPKs

R/R: sorry I’ve been MIA all day today! Still trying to figure out the timing of everything with my new job. Plus I’m sure when I’m done training I’ll be able to find more ways to sneak on here. I’m training until end of May though 😬 In other news, my manager was able to get me a vaccination spot for tomorrow and he was like, “I don’t mind if it’s during working hours, just get yourself in there!” (The building they’re doing them in is literally right across from ours so we’re lucky). I also asked about what the maternity leave was like (regarding how long I had to be working there and such) so we’ve officially got the green light from them! Phew

CS/Q: nothing exciting 

ETA: forgot to post chart 

Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @fantasyflyte yay for all those vaccinations! Nice to know you’re negative, but tough that it’s the long swab. Our district does the short swab that just goes in your nostril. 

@jackie_dunny also yay for vaccinations and leave!
  • Options
    Had to post and ghost today because of a busy day! 

@fantasyflyte I also refer to the COVID tests as "brain ticklers." Hopefully you get your peak soon! Don't forget to HIO a few days earlier just for fun. @jackie_dunny

@jackie_dunny sounds like everything is lining up for you: new job, a covid vaccine, green light from your employer! Hopefully that's the trifecta you needed to get KU'ed!

AFM, colonoscopy/endoscopy went well! The sedation was GREEEEEAT! It's a good thing MH had to pick me up because - according to him - I couldn't walk in a straight line after they released me into his arms. Now I wait 3-5 days for the results of the biopsies to come back. The doc said visual inspection didn't show anything nasty, but the whole reason behind this procedure was to see if I have some sort of inflammatory/bowel/immune issues that can only be detected in the gut. I will post my TEW update in IF thread!
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    Just popping back in to say totally agree on BBT.  I watch it for the geeky science jokes but really dislike the way those three dudes react to women in general.  All problematic-but I think that's the point the show is trying to make.  I'd actually prefer it just being the antics of those three without the Penny storylines!  (and no diss on Kaley Cuoco, because I do think she's pretty funny!  And her show the Flight Attendant was very good).

And @acleverusername re: visor.  I wear a surgical mask and my normal prescription glasses.  In the office our policy on eye protection is that it varies dependent on the current positivity rate.  Over 5% means we should wear safety goggles (mine don't fit over my glasses) or face shields/visors.  I do try to keep most of my office encounters less than 15 minutes in the room when possible, and I sit almost 6 feet away.  Not always possible depending on the type of visits. At the vaccine clinics, we do not need to wear goggles or visors because the patient contact time is so brief.  Literally less than 2:00 for the patient to sit down, me to vaccinate and ask a few questions, and then they're on their way!
  • Options
    feeling lurky today
    @acleverusername glad the procedure went well!
    @jackie_dunny yay for maternity leave!

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, BBT, vitamins

R/R: had my yearly appointment Monday and my gyn told me to talk to my PCP about switching my blood pressure medication to something more pregnancy friendly.  my PCP told me to try not taking it and track my BP without it, it's making my head feel "swimmy" but my BP seems fine.  it was just a diuretic, and boy let me tell you, water weight is a real thing!

CS/Q: nothing right now

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers