Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 2.8

keikilovekeikilove member
edited February 2021 in Trying to Get Pregnant

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: Vacation style: do ALL the activities or just chill & eat/drink? 

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 2.8

• @kiki047 yay for awesome lining this time! I’m still waiting for my period to start so we can kick off my transfer cycle, and I’m admittedly clueless about that part of the process, so I’ll be living vicariously through you for a bit! 

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained/old

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): umm, waiting to start transfer cycle

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): just did first (and probably only) egg retrieval last week

How are things going?: Good, just waiting to hear how many embryos we have to test. I think we’re getting that news tomorrow, so yeah, today is all about distracting myself so I don’t needlessly dwell on things. 

Any questions?: Someone talk to me about what to expect during a FET 🙂 I keep reading stuff online but for some reason I can’t find very detailed stuff, and I’m sure I’ll hear about it from my RE when the time comes, I just don’t want to bug him and I’m impatient, haha. 

GTKY: Vacation style: do ALL the activities or just chill & eat/drink? Chill. Absolutely chill. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kiki047 thanks so much for that! Doesn’t sound too bad... some of the stuff I was reading online said that they took birth control pills for a couple weeks beforehand? It wasn’t super clear. Sounded like too much time to wait for me, haha. 
  • *popping in*

@Lisa3379 my clinic had my on BCPs prior to my FETs. It's part of their standard protocol. At a minimum they'd put people on it for 18 days but I always ended up on it for 40+ simply because they were scheduled so far out for procedures. To give you an idea - I had my ER on 6/11/19, got my period within 2 weeks, and had my FET date scheduled for 9/10/19 based on that CD1 date. I spent all of July and half of August on BCP before I got to start the lupron and estradiol when the FET cycle started. @kiki047 pretty much covered it all. They monitor your lining and check your hormone levels as you go along and that's really it before the transfer itself. It's a lot less needles, that's for sure. They also had me on some antibiotics for a few days leading up to the transfer as well.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @lisa3379 I was on BCP prior to my 2nd transfer to level out my hormones but based on what I've seen even just from the ladies that pass through TTGP that protocol varies wildly depending on the situation. Sometimes it's used purely for scheduling purposes to make sure they can micromanage your cycle down to the day based on the clinic's availability to schedule procedures (like ITW), other times it's warranted if you have irregular cycles just to make sure your CD1 really is CD1 (which was the case for me). Unlike @inthewoods23 I only go for ultrasounds for my monitoring, they don't do bloodwork. I also haven't used lupron during my FET cycles, which is sometimes used to prevent spontaneous premature ovulation if you're at risk for that. 
    Did they give you an idea of how long it takes for you to hear back about PGT results? A lot of places will prep you for a FET even if you don't have results back yet, then if they have to they'll drag it out as long as possible. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 your lining!!! Yay!!!!
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Since we got the negative COVID test before AF came, we are able to start again this cycle.  I start injections tonight.

How are things going?: Okay.  I’m not looking forward to starting up again but I also am looking forward to trying to do something.  I was almost a week late again so that was sad, especially since I let myself start to hope!  Sometimes it feels like I shouldn’t let myself hope. :smile:

Any questions?: NATM

GTKY: Vacation style: do ALL the activities or just chill & eat/drink? Chill. Nice restaurants.  Outdoor activities - but not packing it full.  It’s a vacation so we need to relax as well :smile:
  • @kiki047 I can't remember if I was told specifically, but everything I've read said a couple weeks for the PGT results? 

@laura-kay I totally get the feeling of being happy that something is happening, even if it's injections! For me, being idle is the worst. And you gotta let yourself hope. I'm a firm believer in the power of positivity - not that positivity will make what you want to have happen happen, but I think it gets you in the best mindset to deal with whatever comes down the road. Sending hugs. 

@LJMoon6 No idea with the baby aspirin, haha! I barely take regular aspirin. And fingers crossed for your new cycle! 
  • kiki047kiki047 member
    edited February 2021
    @LJMoon6 low-dose (or baby) aspirin is usually used to treat chronic inflammation which could impact fertility. It can often address underlying undiagnosed blood clotting disorders too in cases where that is negatively impacting fertility and they might not even know it.  **Edited to add: yes I've been prescribed baby aspirin for all 3 of my FETs (and only stopped when I was spotting) and for both of my IUIs. 

@laura-kay that's a double relief of negative Covid test and getting the all-clear to start again. I'm so sorry you had to go through that gut-wrenching plummet that follows a false sense of hope when AF is late, it's a special kind of torture to someone who is having TTTC/going through IF. Hugs. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @Lisa3379 Yay!!!! That's so exciting! Do you know what grade they are? How many more are you waiting for?
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Popping in for a quick sec @Lisa3379

@kiki047 OMG that lining!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Transferring your embaby into that cushy setting on Valentine's Day give me high hopes! 🤞🏻

@Lisa3379 5 blasts! That's spectacular! Are you doing PGS testing? Mock cycle (with ERA / Receptiva Dx testing?)
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @kiki047 +1 to your "God I miss traveling." Thank you for remembering that my consult w/ TEW is tomorrow! I'm so eager for it; I hope I'm not disappointed. I sent ahead 2 1/4 pages of questions for her. 

@Lisa3379 hopefully you get a few more blasts tomorrow! Re: vacation style, I'm absolutely with you re: "chill" category. 

@laura-kay I am so sorry your body gave you such false hope! Are you switching up your protocol at all for this next IUI round? 

@LJMoon6 I am excited that you're excited! I take a low-dose aspirin for inflammation issues since I evidently have some. I've also heard (from @keikilove maybe?) that it's good if you have an MHTFR mutation (although doctors have told met that since I take loads of extra folate, I don't need to _also_ take baby aspirin). I would be careful taking it just because (i.e. without consulting a doctor) as it _can cause_ blood to thin which would be an issue if you injure yourself and have bleeding. Also, your assessment of my situation is not completely out of the realm of possibility (i.e. it's totally possible that my IUI was too late). However, I have typically had luteal phase issues (i.e. spotting a few days before period), including a 9-day luteal phase (with 2 days of spotting before) mid-last year, before I started medicated cycles. I was also NOT surging (LH was still low) on the morning of Jan 25; the surge started that evening. However, The Egg Whisperer says that ovulation can occur 12-72hrs after the onset of the LH surge, so it's entirely possible that I ovulated earlier, though I wouldn't think it was more than 1 day earlier. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): I honestly don't know anymore. Unexplained plus MFI? Hypoandrogenic PCOS? Hashimoto's Thyroidism

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): taking a break + trying to find a new RE; was gonna prep for IVF, but decided to just take a break (more on that later). 

How are things going?: I am not doing all that well. After the fiasco with my now former clinic, I reached out to the fertility therapist I was seeing last year (I was doing really well, so I haven't felt the need to have a session with her since just before Thanksgiving). So I had that session today, and boy oh boy, it was good to talk through it all with a 3rd party. I kind of walked/ranted/cried through everything I was feeling, and how I feel like I can't trust anything the former clinic did anymore (cause I only caught 2 of their mistakes; what didn't I notice?) and that I'm making plans to go into IVF feeling that I've wasted the last 4 cycles because we operated on the basis of sh*t data. After that, I realized that I'm STILL not ready to move on to IVF. I don't feel like I have a clear understanding what what issues is preventing us from getting KUed other than "unexplained" and I don't buy "unexplained" because there's obviously issues here (luteal phase deficiency - LPD - is a symptom of something). 

Anyway, I'm going to see what TEW says tomorrow. I.e. does she think it's worthwhile to run more diagnostic tests (i.e. check for endo since LPD can be a symptom), karyotype testing, etc. Does she think we ought to try superovulation + IUI (she does believe in that for older women; usually targets 2-3 follicles) at least 1 or 2x? I will have a full report tomorrow or Thu. 

Oh, and at the end of the meeting with my therapist, I started talking about how unsupported I felt by my own parents, and the waterworks started. Putting that whole thing into spoiler: 

This weekend, my Mom calls me to tell me that "dad is very upset with you." Why?! Because 2 weeks ago, I get a call from them asking "what your address? I need to know this right away because I'm going to order something to your house and have you ship it to Canada." I had to get on my email THAT instant to send them (both of my parents), my address. I was riled up and said "guys, I'm not going to ship it to you. It's EXPENSIVE to ship stuff from US to Canada." (In the past, they've been OK waiting until I go visit to bring anything they've ordered. Alas, I'm really not sure when the next time will be.) So yeah, apparently my Dad was upset that I said that I wasn't going to ship anything to him. So I had explain to my Mom that "hey, do you really want me to pay $30 to ship something that you paid $10 for?" (I don't actually know how much it cost, but I wanted to make sure she was aware just how expensive it is, without tracking.) Then, I tell her "MH and I are going to Arizona for a few months at the end of Feb for IVF." and Mom replies "Ok dear." That's fucking it! Anyways, I didn't realize just how I upset I was about this until I started talking to my therapist. She recommended that I need a break from talking to my parents (who are also the kind who never CALL ME to chat / see how I am, but instead call me if I haven't called them in a week-10 days to ask "why haven't you called?" Anyways, I ended up sending my mom a WhatApp message after saying "hey, I'm not gonna call for a while because I don't have the emotional bandwidth to deal with you right now." (Or something like that.) 

Any questions?: for those of you who have had repeat SA's, is it normal for TMC to vary between 6.3M to 154M to 44M within the space of 6 months? I know that men can have an "off day", but is that kind of variability normal? In early Dec, MH's TMC pre-was was 154M; post-wash it was 54M; 2 months later, TMC pre-wash was 44M; post-wash it was 7.5M. 

GTKY: Vacation style: do ALL the activities or just chill & eat/drink? I'm definitely in the chill, relax, see some of the sights, while I eat my way through my holiday! I've always been of the opinion that if I like a place enough, I'll come back and see more of the sights. No point in trying to cram everything into 1 vacation (I know some people are like "I'm going to come here only once in my life because there are so many other places in the world to see, so I need to see EVERYTHING." Nope, that's not me.)
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• @LJMoon6 I don't know what grade they are - all he said was that they were ready to freeze and biopsy today. I also don't know exactly how many we're waiting on. I'm one of those that only asks questions that are super pressing for myself, haha. I hate bugging people with tons of questions, although in cases like this I probably should get over it. I figure that once everything is done, I'll get the final assessment of how many made it to freezing stage. 

@acleverusername We are definitely doing PGS testing. We're just waiting on some genetic test results to see if we need to do PGT-M testing. And I have no clue about a mock cycle. I'm so ignorant of all kinds of things regarding this stuff! I'm just going with the flow, and figure that when my period starts and we do the saline ultrasound, then we'll talk about the plan for the next step. And I'm hoping that your consult with TEW goes well tomorrow! Just reading your whole account regarding the therapy and your parents makes me just want to hug you. That's SO MUCH to deal with. I'm sorry you're having a rough time. 
  • @Lisa3379 SO happy to see your updates!  Grow little guys, grow!!

@kiki047 YAY for an awesome cushy lining!  Sending you all the good vibes for your FET!

@LJMoon6 hoping the letrozole helps!  I feel much better this cycle now that I'm "doing something" even though I know I don't have much control over the outcome.  

@acleverusername thinking of you today and hope your consult with TEW gets you some great info and a plan moving forward!  Can't wait to see your update!

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Clomid + IUI

How are things going?: So far so good.  Dealing with the Clomid mood swings making me quickly very emotional. sad, or irritated.  I got teary hearing that Christopher Plummer had passed, and thinking about the Sound of Music which was my grandmother's favorite movie and one of my strongest memories of her.  Shed a few tears on my way to work which is not me!  Keeping it mostly in check around others so I do not annoy my spouse or office-mate.  Thankfully, office-mate has also been through IF, both her kids are IVF babies so she totally gets it and is a great sounding board.  This week I'm taking my OPKs to get ready for IUI.  Got my first positive yesterday, and usually get 2-3 positive/high days before peak day, so I'm guessing my IUI will be Friday or Saturday.  (My RE has me using the ClearBlue smiley face tests so I get flashing smileys during the estrogen surge before the solid smiley face that indicates the LH surge).  Tests are great for trying naturally, but not great when you have to wait for a fresh sample to do IUI!  Might try for "extra credit" after the IUI though!  Gotta make the most of this Clomid!

Any questions?:  No questions right now

GTKY: Vacation style: do ALL the activities or just chill & eat/drink? I am a do ALL the things kind of girl but DH is just chill.  We both love the eating and drinking, so I plan activities for some of our days but also look for interesting food and bars around them that he will enjoy!  Our honeymoon was in Maui which was the perfect mix of activities and lying on the beach/pool + cocktails.   Hoping by the fall DH and I can make a quick weekend getaway.  
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited February 2021

@acleverusername I’m glad you reconnected with your therapist. Your parents make me a little ragey. I’m glad you told them you need space.

I was told to take a baby aspirin for both my IUIs, so I’m just wondering if I should take it for my medicated TI cycle or not. I’ll probably skip it this cycle, just because like you said, I probably shouldn’t be taking it without doctors instructions.

I guess my theory isn’t as sounds as I thought lol. I must have mis-read your post about your LH surging early. It makes more sense why your clinic didn’t move the date now too. I guess it’s still possible you Oed the day after your trigger, the day before your IUI. But that still only gives you a 10 day LP. I’m sorry you’re struggling with what to do next. I liked what you said last week, or the week before, about how you still haven’t had a “perfect” IUI yet. I think the 3-6 recommendation is for when everything lines up perfectly, which I don’t think you’ve had yet. I’m super excited to hear what TEW has to say today. I think trying for super ovulation would be a good next step?

My experience with SAs comes from counting millions of fungal spores lol. It does sound like something it going on with YH, but I thought I would just explain what I know about counting anyways. When you’re trying to count something that small and in that quantity, it’s obviously unrealistic to count them all. What we did with fungal spores, which I think is similar to counting sperm (at least the way my RE explained it to me), is take just a small little sample. Place it on a special slide that has a grid pattern (called a hemocytometer). Count how many are in a square, then extrapolate (there’s a little bit more that goes into it but I don’t want to bore you with math lol). With that said, it’s not an exact science. It depends greatly on the small little sample that was grabbed.

@Lisa3379 I get that, not wanting to bug people with too many questions. I’m a nosy MF. I ask all the questions lol. Maybe it’s my analytical/sciencey mind lol.

@quitandknit I’m sorry you’re experiencing clomid mood swings. Sounds like you’re getting ready for your IUI soon! I’m so excited for you!

edit to fix tag
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• @LJMoon6 No, I think that's great! It just never really occurs to me to ask a bunch of questions, maybe because I'm not a very science-y person and I just take people's word for it. Kinda like, "well, he's a doctor, so I'm assuming he'll tell me what's up when I need to know what's up". Haha. I'm a very go with the flow person, probably to a fault. 
  • @Lisa3379 LOL, I'm the exact opposite. I sent TEW 3 pages of questions ahead of my consult today. I'm paying her enough money!
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername Haha I know! When I read your earlier post about your 3 pages of questions I was super impressed by that! I mean, you've been proven right in your tactics, honestly - it's super important to be well-informed during things like this. You actually influenced me to do way more research into everything than I started out doing, so thank you :) 
  • @Lisa3379 all this can be very intimidating, and not knowing what questions to ask can be paralyzing. And Dr. Google does more harm than good! Not to mention if you go down the path of reading research papers (I usually just read the abstract), the studies are mostly of poor quality (low sample numbers) and for every question you hypothesize, you will almost always find a totally opposite opinion. This is why I really like this thread... it's great for asking and answering questions, even if the question is "what should I ask my doctor?"
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• **lurking**

@acleverusername I'm so sorry things are a bit rough at the moment. I just wanted to pop in to add some perspective to the whole "LPD" thing. I personally had shorter LPs (typically 11-12 days) and in fact when I was particularly stressed out leading up to our IF dx and my IVF cycles, my LP dropped like a stone. I had a couple of 9-10 day LPs including even earlier spotting. IMO, I was experiencing extreme stress and anxiety over IF, and my body was reacting poorly. In my experience, LPD is not necessarily the be-all and end-all. *TW below*

**TW** At the end of the day, my body was definitely producing a good lining, and implantation did happen multiple times, despite my fears.

Our issue ended up that there was not sperm ever meeting my eggs, meanwhile I was beating myself up over a perceived problem that wasn't actually the problem. In the end, LPD is usually solved by progesterone, which is part of every IVF cycle anyway. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @LJMoon6 you fungal spores counting example was THE PERFECT analogy! I now totally understand how they count sperm, and to be frank, never really thought to much about it. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• Just popping in to say I am SO PUMPED for you @acleverusername !!!!  What an amazing consult and a freaking fantastic plan to move forward in your treatment.  (and yay for good colonoscopy/endo results too!)  
  • @acleverusername What an amazing update! I love how excited she was to talk with you guys. It sounds like you guys really clicked! Will you be continuing treatment with her? Or just taking her suggestions to another RE? I wonder what her “sneaky” feeling is. I have never heard about the Zymot device. That’s super interesting. I always wondered how they “washed” the sperm. A centrifuge seems so destructive. I’m just imagining those poor sperm getting dizzy, bahaha. As an aside, I work in a nano lab, where microfluidic devices are made. So learning about the Zymot is super cool to me!!

*TW* TTC history

• @acleverusername I'm so happy to hear your consultation went well! Sounds pretty promising, and I'm sure it felt like a relief to have your questions answered in such a positive way. 
  • @LJMoon6 we're going to do at least 1 IUI (Hybrid: Letrazole + Injectables) with TEW. This was our plan all along when we booked a consult with her, but then I felt totally rushed into starting IVF and the therapy appointment plus her saying "no need to rush into IVF" made me feel so much better so we've returned to our original plan. I'm also gonna see about warming up/fertilizing my Canada eggs and depending on the results of that, doing a transfer with TEW. Heck... maybe I can get enough genetically tested embryos from that 1 ER round I did in 2019! 🙏🏻🤞🏻
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername We are adding the ganarelix this time.  Awesome news about the TEW! 
  • I'm also gonna see about warming up/fertilizing my Canada eggs and depending on the results of that, doing a transfer with TEW. Heck... maybe I can get enough genetically tested embryos from that 1 ER round I did in 2019! 🙏🏻🤞🏻
    @acleverusernameJust out of curiosity, how many eggs do you have on ice? I'm sure you know this already but I feel like I have an obligation to say it anyway... the idea of having "enough" embryos is so subjective, and there are still so many factors that come into play before you can consider a certain # of embryos to be "enough" to guarantee you a THB. I know you've done your own research so maybe you have your own idea in your head of what your ideal # is to feel comfortable but I see it more often than not that people kind of get a number in their head of how many blasts they think they'll end up with based on a certain # of eggs retrieved and equate that with the same number of THBs, and it's hard when reality sinks in once you factor in attrition rates and failed transfers, etc. 

I'm so glad TEW lived up to your expectations and that she's ready to go to bat for you. Based on what I've read about her online she seems to have the ideal setup as a boutique clinic that doesn't have the constraints of needing to coordinate with insurance, etc, and that she's willing and/or has the knowledge/experience to run all the relevant diagnostic tests to try to figure out the best course of action for each of her patients. If only all doctors were willing to go that extra mile, maybe people wouldn't be so unhappy in their current situations. Dr Aimee seems great in all the areas where others have failed so I'm excited for you! You always said you wanted to find the kind of relationship I have with my RE, and it really sounds like this might be it! 

TTC History:

• @laura-kay I hope the ganirelix does the trick for you! So happy that your doc added that to your protocol. 

@kiki047 I have 11 mature eggs on ice; they were retrieved when I was 35.98 yrs old (Lol; 2 days before my 36th bithday). Statistically speaking, I was told to "budget" 2 embryos per desired child, so I think I'd be comfortable with having 4 frozen, genetically tested embryos. I don't know if I'll get those from my existing frozen eggs, but I'm hoping I'll get 2-3 so maybe I'll only need 1 additional retrieval. But, given my profession (Project Manager), I am cognizant that I could have a total bust with those eggs, or get 5-6 embryos. I just don't know and I won't know until we warm/fertilize them. 

I am really hoping that Dr. Aimee will be for me the kind of support your RE has been for you. 🤞🏻
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @kiki047 sending you all the positive thoughts and good vibes for your transfer today!!
  • @kiki047 Happy Transfer Day! ❤️ 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @kiki047 Yay, transfer day! So many happy thoughts going your way.  <3
  • **lurking **

@kiki047 Sending positive vibes your way!!!
  • @kiki047 sending positive vibes your way!