October 2021 Moms

February Symptoms

Re: February Symptoms

• Is anybody getting nipple vasospasm? I don't remember this with my other pregnancies though I experienced it a lot while BF my second. It huuuurrrrrts. It coul be coincidence, too, I suppose 
  • @momofmiracles31889 love This is Us, I didn't watch this week's but last week's had me crying!
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m 7w1d and constantly have to be snacking to combat my awful nausea 🤢
    I’m more exhausted than I think I have ever been, and my boobs still hurt but luckily aren’t as painful as they were last week. 
    Just can’t wait for this nausea to settle! 
    I have my first ultrasound next week, praying seeing my little honey bee 🐝 will make me feel relief. 
  • @gingermama29 ah that show always makes me cry some but just wait until you watch this weeks- so many tear jerker plot lines but so good!!
  • @madiirosee Your comment makes me feel better. I woke up without much breast pain today, so it had me worried. My nausea isn't anywhere near what others are reporting. Is there such a thing as lower GI morning sickness? Cuz I got that in spades 😂
  • @noprobalo oh boy I hear ya there too!! Yeah don’t worry about symptoms coming and going, although I know it’s definitely not easy. If anything I’m saying hallelujah that my poor chest isn’t sore even when I just turn over in bed and one shifts to the side! 😂😂 ouch! 
  • I'm 5+5 today - boobs still sore, having some back spasms. I've had spasms pre-pregnancy so not sure if it's the same or just exacerbated by pregnancy. Exercise and stretching yesterday helped a bit.

Had fish the other night and the smell made me throw up my entire dinner. That said.. I haven't had much nausea really - is that worrisome or I'm just too early? 
  • @tari_sara my first pregnancy I didn’t throw up until I was 13 weeks and that was because of a migraine. Some woman don’t get morning sickness or have a mild version compared to others. 
  • @tari_sara in all of my pregnancies my nausea hasn’t started until around 8 weeks, I think it’s normal!
  • @vampirina not that but I’ve noticed I started leaking more again. I haven’t nursed my daughter in 3 weeks and all of a sudden last night I started letting down again....like, wtf.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I’m 7+5 and I’ve been couch bound for the last couple of weeks with a very queasy stomach.  The last two days I’ve been feeling a bit better since the nausea is more tolerable. I throw up every morning! The empty stomach is torture and I always have a runny nose from allergies, which I’m sure doesn’t help. My boobs are so large, same with nipples and they almost feel like milk is producing. Idk, they look weird. Lol I hate when anything is touching my stomach and have to sleep with a pillow pressed against it. I swear I’m already showing. And as soon as it hits past 7pm the gas and bloating and stomach gurgling is seriously too much. 
  • I could've swore I saw something with advice for drinking more water, but now I can't find it. Anyways, any advice for drinking more water? I'm a huge water drinker, typically 10 glasses a day, but I almost have an aversion to it now. Even sparkling water. I feel like I am only getting like 4 a day and then feel awful, sluggish, and get headaches.
  • @gingermama46, water is a struggle for me even when I'm not pregnant. What works for me is using a large tumbler. I like the Bubba brand that comes with a silicon straw. There's something psychological about straws - they make you drink more! Mine is 32oz, so I aim to refill it a couple times a day. 

Also would it help you to get flavored water like Propel, or the flavor mix-in like MIO or crystal lite packets? Whatever it takes!
  • OMG the fatigue! I’m sure it’s so much worse because of COVID but I am just dead right now! 😭
    TTC History

• Between the extreme fatigue and the puking (puked up my morning Bonjesta so today was not fun in that regards) I feel like I’m dying BUT I know I’m not and that this is all for a WONDERFUL cause which I’m so glad I got to see my baby as a great reminder today. some people have to go through diseases that are actually killing them and making them feel this way. So there are such worse things than having extreme pregnancy symptoms. This is like the one thing in life where you feel like total crap for what feels like forever but get the most wonderful gift out of it! Basically keeping perspective is what is getting me through what feels like never ending rounds with the toilet and lots of mama guilt 🙈

also I remember this from DS and just noticed it again today- so much extra saliva which is just gross and doesn’t help the puke fest 
  • edited February 2021
    Deleted
  • I’m 6w3d and have had headaches just about every day, fatigued, and want to eat all day, but nothing sounds good so I just stare at the pantry. Lol

@steph-ann, the nightly bloating is SO real. I also Have to sleep with a pillow already. I am So hungry for dinner and if I eat Even one bite too much I’m in pain the rest of the night! 

@tari_sara, this is my 5th pregnancy and have never thrown up from being pregnant (running to knock on wood!). Every woman is so different in how they experience pregnancy. Try not to compare! ❤️ 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • After a brief few days when I reached out a week or so ago symptoms are back with a vengeance. I can barely keep water or pedialyte down let alone water.
    Literally nothing Rx-wise or home remedy-wise is working. I had HG with my last and this feels eerily the same.
    @momofmiracles31889 I loved your post because it definitely put things in perspective. I’ve been telling myself today that if it means having another healthy baby I can get through all of this an more. At least all-day pregnancy sickness comes with a reward at the end 🙃
  • 8 weeks today and I jurist feel miserable. I havent thrown up but I have that constant feeling like it's about to happen. Been dizzy, a little shaky today and I just feel asleep on the couch. I was never this fatigued with my other pregnancies and I'm just over it. Some days I have energy while most days I'm fighting to get off the couch. Any tricks for getting some energy? Eating is difficult and I can't even drink coffee right now, the thought makes me nauseous.
  • @DHarpster If you can't eat much of anything, lack of calories is probably contributing. Try Body Armor sports drink to get your blood sugar up and get some vitamins and electrolytes.

If you have a sports store near you, they usually have little gel pouches that endurance athletes use to get calories and salt during a workout (and not throw them up). Brands and flavors vary widely in palatability, but if they have them, both Huma and Spring gels are pretty tasty. Not ideal, but if you're faint from hunger and can't keep real food down, maybe worth a shot.
  • How far along are you?
    8w3d

What symptoms are you experiencing?
    All-day sickness
    Acid Reflux
    Exhaustion
    Round ligament pain
    Growing pains

Questions/concerns?
    No questions, but I am anxious to see this little blueberry on Tuesday. I think it'll help relieve some anxiety, since I've experienced so many losses.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Me: while teleworking....

TTC History

• The fatigue is strong over here! I’ve been trying to take mid day naps on my lunch breaks (perks to working from home). Also holy cow my boobs and nipples are freaking massive! My BF even noticed how large they got all of a sudden. Guess I need to break out my nursing bras early.
    nausea comes and goes but no throwing up for me so far (knocks on wood). 
    At the moment I am pretty much surviving on any carbs and water and tea. My coffee aversion is strong and I am struggling.

@momofmiracles31889 really great perspective. As much as pregnancy and first tri can be so freaking hard it’s worth it all in the long run and it’s temporary. Those are some words I needed to hear 
  • @lyndsayem35 and @bcliffee1 trust me some moments I need to really remind myself of that perspective lol but it really is so true! I look at my son and what a miracle he is after multiple losses and although this wasn’t our planned timing for a third kiddo I feel so thankful to get to (hopefully) be experiencing a second pregnancy with a living baby at the end when at one point I didn’t know if I’d ever get to. I also think about how much our first son’s birth mom went through to choose life for him and carry him and then make the heartbreaking decision to place him with us for his well being. Thankfully we have a great relationship with her but I still imagine it must be so hard for her at times, So I really just feel so grateful for our family and all the ways our kiddos came to us and it really does help me through the exhaustion and all day sickens!! Choosing and focusing on  thankfulness is SO helpful in hard moments! 

Also @lyndsayem35 have you tried bonjesta?? I’ve honestly wondered if I would have HG without it because the day I threw up my pill I literally puked all day and felt AWFUL- plus both my healthy pregnancies so far I’ve started with nausea and vomiting right at 4 weeks and it lasts into second trimester even on the meds 🤷🏻‍♀️ I still puke a couple times a day with it but it’s better than not keeping anything down at all.  I hope you can find something to help you keep something down! 
  • I feel like my symptoms changed slightly. I dont feel all day nausea but I continue to dry heave. I have thrown up my dinner a couple of nights. I am starting to be hungry all the time now. Anyone else symptoms change?
  • (Name changed from Lyndsay!)
    @momofmiracles31889 I tried Diclegis first, which is half the strength of Bonjesta and that didn’t work. So I did try Bonjesta and no relief either. Zofran ODT’s have helped a little bit with the vomiting but not the nausea.
    Your N/V sounds pretty much the same as mine. I sympathize....it’s so hard to exist like that. 
    With DD the HG was from week 6 through induction at 38 weeks. I gained only 5 pounds during pregnancy and my BMI is just below 18. I really really hope this time around is different. Thank you for the suggestion!

• I'm a couple days late replying to the water thing, but I saw a dietician recently said that drinking cold water signals your body that you're satisfied and hydrated with less water, like the temp tricks your brain when really your body hasn't actually been satisfied. So room temp water helps you when you're trying to drink more water. Also the straw recommendation is a good one too. Both have really helped me drink more water, I have never been a good water drinker
  • Is anyone else having a weird swollen feeling in your pelvic floor area? I'm only at about 5 weeks and I feel like I felt when I was ready to deliver last time. Even when checking CM, everything feels really plush and swollen. It's almost a feeling of needing to pee so bad it hurts, but constant. It even is tender and sore when I bend over.
  • @lmno304 Stuff definitely feels swollen, like I'm already out of space in my pelvis. I wouldn't say it's painful though.
  • @mac-n-cheese ah I’m so sorry you aren’t finding much relief from meds- that is so hard! The Bonjesta doesn’t take away my all day nausea either but it does keep me from puking all day thankfully. I just feel like I have to puke all the time but usually only puke in morning and then the afternoon/evening when my pill seems to be wearing off until I take my next one. I did come across this website, https://www.hyperemesis.org/ if you’d want to check it out! You can search for doctors near you who specialize in HG. I’m so sorry with your daughter you were sick the entire time and couldn’t gain much weight- I’ll pray it’s better for you this time! I was fortunate with my son that although I didn’t gain weight the first 12ish weeks at all I maintained my weight and then was able to just stay on the Bonjesta the whole pregnancy and stopped puking completely by 16 weeks or so and was then able to gain weight. I’m hoping it won’t be any worse this time around and better would be nice too haha 

@lmno304 I’ve always had so many different pains and pressure feelings even in early pregnancy but might be worth running by your doctor just in case they’d want to check if you could have a UTI- they’re super common in pregnancy and easily treated
  • I am suffering from major gas and bloating today. I haven't had anything carbonated to drink, and I've taken all the Gas-X I'm allowed to have. My go-to warm bath didn't help. Any recommendations?
  • @momofmiracles31889 thank you for the kind words. I’m glad you found something that helps your symptoms somewhat. Even if they don’t go away getting some relief is so much better than none.
    That website is amazing and such a great resource. Thank you so much for sharing that!! I’m currently going through every single page on it. You’re the best!
  • Hi all! 

I'm really sensitive to smells this week. Like even good ones. I gag while brushing my teeth. Pretty tired. Queesy. Vomited twice in the last week or so but read that eating 20-30g of protein at night helps stave off nausea in the morning so I'm trying that and I think it's helping? This is my first pregnancy! 
  • I'm 5 weeks and some change, and dealing with some cramping this weekend. I know it can be completely normal, but it's hard not to feel worried by it. 😫
  • @galentine i had some pretty strong cramping on Saturday.  Like the day before your period starts cramping. I was pretty alarmed! I spent all day Sunday curled up on the couch just riddled with anxiety.. But so far it seems like things are alright. It's hard not to worry. 
  • I’ve had period like cramping with all of my pregnancies and with my son I was SO nervous bc I had only ever had losses but now I feel less nervous about it bc I remember well that it’s the same way it was with my son and he’s perfectly fine! I also tend to get such bad gas pains when pregnant even in early pregnancy and they can feel really intense for a minute or so. It’s so hard not to analyze symptoms!