October 2021 Moms

February Symptoms

aztecashaztecash member
edited February 2021 in October 2021 Moms
I figure at least while we're still small, a monthly symptoms thread is sufficient. I can change the title to weekly if people prefer though.

Come here to whine about your symptoms or lack of symptoms.

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you experiencing?

Questions/concerns?

Re: February Symptoms

• 4+2
    My symptoms in my previous pregnancies were super mild, which was nice but a little stressful. So far with this one I can't eat junk/sweets without feeling really gross after. My super sniffer is already taking over. I got nauseous this morning and couldn't finish my cup of coffee. Baby, please don't take my coffee away from me. I either feel nauseaous or bloated at all times. Afternoon fatigue is rough. Still though, I know I have it easy and the mild symptoms are reassuring. But also, whine whine whine, I don't feel good, this wasn't supposed to start for another week or two. 
  • 5+2
    Painful swollen breasts, which seem to worsen towards the evening. The fatigue is the hardest to deal with, I get exhausted cooking and the eating tires me out. I feel like I'm on a cook, eat, nap cycle.
  • Loading the player...
  • 5+3
    I am extremely nauseous, big sore boobs, sweats are only comfy on my stomach, I get hungry instantly out of nowhere but then nothing sounds good and I feel sick while eating. My mouth is dry and I feel thirsty all the time but it also makes me feel icky drinking. My vivid dreams make it hard to sleep. I’m remembering why pregnancy is so hard! Was exactly the same way with my two girls. I don’t know how I’m going to last till October. It never lets up for me.  It’s also hard to keep it from my 17yo when I’m gagging, taking deep breaths and moving slow. Lol
  • I think today I'm 5 weeks along. Yesterday after the positive test I felt nauseas, but honestly think that was just stress and nerves. Today I started getting sore boob and super smell, which were both symptoms I had with my MMC and *not* with my daughter, so that's ... not fun. Trying not focus on it being a normal, good sign and not an omen.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• 4+4

I get that feeling all the time like I’m going to be nauseous, and then it doesn’t develop into anything. Almost like nausea is hovering. But then nothing. I was very sick with my first two. The first pregnancy it started about 5 weeks, and my second I didn’t realize I was pregnant until after 6 weeks and so I don’t think it started until then. I’m seriously just praying for nausea as a sign of a healthy pregnancy and I wonder sometimes if I keep manifesting this “almost nauseous” feeling. 

My breasts are just a little sore. If I take off a tight sports bra it’s miserable so I’m just wearing comfy things now and that’s keeping it pretty mild.

Basically all pants are uncomfortable on my stomach. Even most of my leggings because they’re like higher compression workout leggings. So I’m sticking with the two super comfy pairs I own. I have been SUPER BLOATED for more than a week now. Where I feel like my stomach is sticking out all the time and I’m just like this giant cow of a human. 

I am so tired. I’ve been going to sleep as soon as I put my kids are in bed at 7:45. I’m only drinking one cup of coffee each day and that’s usually at about 5:15am so I wonder if I’m actually exhausted or my body is just missing it’s afternoon coffee? I usually had one around 2 😂 Maybe I’ll start drinking decaf coffee in the afternoon to hope for a placebo effect HA! 

@aztecash I couldn’t drink coffee during my first pregnancy! It made me so sick. Which was so sad 😆😆
  • 5 weeks and some change. Had definite nausea on Monday, but then nothing yesterday. Very slightly sore breasts. Tired for sure, but I work 60 hours a week so I’m usually tired. Mainly noticing that I can’t stand the feeling of anything pressing on my lower abdomen, so I’m already fully embracing under-“bump” underwear and stretchy maternity pants with no regrets! 
  • Just about 4 weeks and I have been peeing like a racehorse. Something new this pregnancy I noticed is my hip joints feel slightly sore which I had later in my first pregnancy with DS. Aside from that not too many symptoms but it’s still early, I am guessing in the next week or so my symptoms will ramp up. 
  • @Kabazaba Try to remember that all pregnancies are different. Right now you are experiencing different symptoms than with DD that are very typical symptoms in general. They are not indicitive of anything other than the fact that you are pregnant. (I know it's really hard not to focus on the negative thoughts and anxieties.)

I joined the sore boob club, and I'm just really hoping they don't get any bigger at this point. 
  • Def exhausted from the pg. I was in bed before 8pm tonight and hopefully will be asleep in the next half hour. 😅 10 hours of sleep here I come...
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21

• @Kabazaba I’ve totally been asleep well before 8 several times in the last week! 😆
  • I'm 5w2d and have been feeling sick for over a week already. That's one of the reasons I tested since this wasn't exactly planned. My DH has been a lifesaver getting me whatever sounds good and letting me rest. I've been extremely tired! I don't sleep the best since my breasts are sore and I wake up in the middle of the night nauseous and hungry. But I'm hoping all is this is good signs of a sticky baby. I've had four miscarriages all at different times in the first trimester so I'm a little bit of a mess. Every twinge or gas cramp has me anxious. Anyone else in the same boat?
  • So much underlying nausea for me and also always feeling starving 😭 at least my cravings have been fairly healthy 
  • I have basically constant heartburn. Which makes me cough every time I’m in public and I get so embarrassed (like I swear it’s not Rona people!! I’m just pregnant and you can’t tell yet.). Anyway this was def my #1 symptom with DD and lasted the entire pregnancy so I’m pretty upset it’s started so soon this time around. I don’t have heartburn other than during my last pregnancy and now this one so I get pretty salty about it pretty quickly. Going to ask Dr about Pepcid today... any other tips?

• Right now it’s severe bloating (I’m a 115 pounds and 5’7” and I look like I did when I was 20 weeks with DD), epic constipation and joint pain all over.
  • 5 weeks as of today

Saliva, I have tons of it. You would think I was constantly smelling freshly baked cookies. Fatigue came in strong today, struggled to keep my eyes open this afternoon.

@Kabazaba I read today that saliva is supposed to help with heartburn. Heartburn is the worst. I had it pretty bad in my third trimester with my first. All I did was pop tums. Have you tried changing part of your diet? or eating smaller meals?
  • 6 weeks and the nausea has kicked in hard. I never actually threw up with my first pregnancy, so I’m hoping for a repeat of that, but I hate the nausea. Smells that made me gag today include car exhaust, a patient who had recently smoked, the hand sanitizer at work, and (most depressingly) coffee...
  • Uugghh the nausea has arrived and it’s bad. Yesterday and today I’ve felt nauseous literally from the moment I wake up until I go to bed. And lots of throwing up. I probably threw up 10 times today. I had to hide upstairs with the kids while DH cooked dinner and tried to come down when it was ready and the smell of cooked chicken made me throw up again. So I hid out by myself upstairs while he did dinner with the kids and brought me an English muffin. Which did not stay down. Basically every single smell makes me want to throw up. Except my coffee, thank goodness. 
  • @fitzfizz I too discovered this morning that I can no longer drink coffee! It sucks and I’m so tired!
  • @kitandcat that actually sounds like HG. Have you told your doctor? I’m sorry you’re dealing with that!
  • @kitandcat I feel the same way!!!!! I have been almost couch bound for two weeks now. I mainly throw up in the morning and maybe twice during the day but I am so so sick feeling all day. I can barely shower, clean or cook. I oldest is starting to wonder if I’m dying. Ugh! Also, my boobs are so big and they hurt and my nipples are like sand dollars. I am constantly starving! Like way up all night from hunger pains, although I eat continually. Weirdest thing, last night I realized that I had been kind of itching my boobs all day... I take off my bra and realize I have scratch marks all over my body and I have a huge rash! Once I noticed the rash I had extreme heart burn and tightness in my neck. Strangely the nausea subsided with these new symptoms. But now I’m gagging constantly from my throat feeling pinched or I have a pill half swallowed. I called the ob this morning and they said go go to my primary and it doesn’t sound pregnancy related. I wasn’t planning on going.   They never have much to say with rashes. I will take the itching and throat tightness over the sick feeling but this is still not desirable. I’m just wondering why my symptoms are soooo crazy at only 6 weeks. My age (36), third pregnancy or twins! Miserable is an under statement. 
  • 4+4 and so far my boobs are very sore. No horrible nausea (yet!) but I was dry heaving this AM when I woke up. Sleepy- I have been so sleepy. Idk if it's all in my head! I've always been a night owl and I go to bed at midnight. Now I was ready to go to bed at 8pm.
  • 5+2, no barfing yet (luckily, I hate throwing up sooo much), but today was the first day I had to scrap my usual protein shake breakfast and go with toast and a banana instead. The thought of drinking that much liquid had me a little green.

Is altered taste a thing at this point? No flavors so far make me sick, but I've eaten one or two things lately that suddenly tasted...weird. Not bad, just not like they normally taste.
  • @steph-ann Itching and throat tightness sounds like anaphylaxis. I would recommend you get that looked at, pregnancy symptom or not
  • @noprobalo Thank you! I actually went in yesterday since it was concerning me. Of course they didn’t have much to say but checked labs to make sure, like kidney/liver function, HCG, CBC and such. Everything was fine and of course my rash subsided last night. Thankfully tho! My HCG was 175k.
  • gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited February 2021
    Super nauseous. Count me in the no coffee train :( the acidity made my stomach turn this morning. So tea it is. Also crampy, which I know can be normal, but I didn't have it with DS so it's just making me a bit nervous. 
  • I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow. Found out after my white pizza with garlic arrived, that suddenly I can't take the smell of garlic 😩
  • I'm 5 weeks along. I have really sore boobies (which made me test), I can't sleep at night, I get super hungry, thank God no nausea as of yet (hope it stays that way), I feel bloated most of the day, I actually crave water :) and I get sleepy really early in the evening now. My 1st prenatal appointment is on the 3rd of March so hopefully I get to see my little nugget. This is my 3rd child btw. Hi October moms!! ❤
  • @steph-ann Great to hear!

Was dead on my feet yesterday but actually got some good sleep last night, so hoping to feel better today. Nervously awaiting HCG results from my doctor visit on Friday.
  • I'm 5w tomorrow, no symptoms yet. Trying not to worry about it, bc I was the exact same way with my son. Seriously, most of my symptoms are left over from my chemical last month - leg cramps, heartburn/gas, and FREAKING BACNE!! I also have a pimple on my face that's still there from the end of December  :s
  • @denise89_ your update is basically my update aside from this being your 3rd baby. This will be baby #2 for me.

so much water I can literally drink a pool it feels like and the hunger is strong. No nausea which is great but I definitely haven’t been craving coffee which makes me feel so tired and super tender boobs over here 😭
  • How far along are you? 3+4 🙈

What symptoms are you experiencing? Cramping and THIRST. So ungodly thirsty. I remember the cramping from DD but it still makes me nervous since I am so early. 

Questions/concerns? Nope! 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I'm a huge coffee drinker and quit cold turkey as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I know you could safely have a cup, but I still decided to quit. I'm happy to report today that I have no caffeine withdrawal headaches for the first time!!! Just sore boobs and sleepy wayyy to early in the night. No nausea (?yet!)
  • @chindimples04 I’m with you on the cramping! That’s pretty much my only symptom at this point
  • @heatherdubrow I know it’s normal, it was my only symptom with my daughter for the first 2 or so weeks, but it’s also so frustrating. 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 I’ve never had cramping with my other pregnancies so it’s totally freaking me out! I have my first appt next Monday and it can’t come soon enough!
  • 4+4 today. 

The fatigue has hit me like whoa. I went to bed at 730 p.m. last night and still had to drag my tired butt out of bed at 6:30 am. I just want to sit on the couch like a potato and watch Netflix all day. 🥱🥱🥱
  • @heatherdubrow and @chindimples04 I have pretty much had cramping with all of my pregnancies- my losses, my living son and this one. I still can get nervous but thankfully this time since I have my recent successful pregnancy to reference I am able to remind myself more easily it’s probably normal! Just picture your tiny little baby settling in :)
    TW- also I will say the time I had a natural miscarriage once I was actually losing the baby it was not just cramping. It was incredibly painful and some actual contractions. So I remind myself of that too when the cramps are no more than a period it’s likely normal! Of course if you have any severe one sided cramping or concerns in general talk to your doctor ASAP. But for the record I do typically get little pangs on whichever side I ovulated from in early pregnancy which is why ive always been thankful for my early checks to make sure! So eager to see everything is in its proper place today! 
  • @vampirina Same. I hauled my butt out of bed after 9.5 hours of sleep. I had the energy to get my run in, but now I'm a zombie. I feel like I do when I have gone for a 3-hour run in the past. When that happens with exercise, I know I need to replenish carbs. Has anyone had any luck dealing with fatigue by altering carbohydrate intake?
  • 5+5 today and my emotions are whack. I cry at everything. Happy, sad, funny. There’s tears for literally every emotion. Very much not used to this lol 
  • @s-trout-96 SAME! We watch This is Us and this weeks episode I was just sobbing on and off the whole time! My husband kept smiling and laughing at me especially bc sometimes I overanalyze if I have enough pregnancy symptoms 🤣