June 2021 Moms
Options

February Appointments Thread

What appointments do you have this month? Anything coming up that has your nervous or excited? Share with us! 

Re: February Appointments Thread

• Options
    1 hour glucose test on 2/26... Can't wait......

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mc0303 I have my AS Thursday as well! 

I am so excited to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl.

I also have a prenatal appointment February 12. My last one before I am transferred to the OB's office.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    February 9 for my a/s and cervix check. Super nervous. This is the longest I’ve gone between appts and I never went this long without an ultrasound with my son. 

February 15 for my next thyroid check. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    2/12 for my 24 week appointment and then I'll go home with the lovely glucose drink for the next appointment.
  • Options
    @sgrn18 good luck!

MFM  cervical length check and growth check on 2/11 then a weird off normal schedule 23 week ob appt on 2/23 🤷🏻‍♀️

i start having hubs do my progesterone shots tomorrow (given in office last 2 weeks Bc of appts). Wish him (and me) luck 😂
  • Options
    AS is 2/9 followed by an OB appt. I’ll be really nervous but I’m feeling better the past couple of days. I can feel her moving around and she is definitely growing. I just need the rest of the week to go by quickly and I’ll make it to next Tuesday. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    AS on 2/4 and then my 20 week appointment right afterwards. I got to see the little guy about 3 weeks ago, and they did an in-depth ultrasound at that intake, so I'm not expecting to hear anything new.
  • Options
    AS tomorrow at MFM and then appointment with MFM doc. I’m super nervous. No regular OB appointments this month.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    I have my AS on the 9th as well! Excited to see him and really verify in my mind that this is in fact a boy! Then I have a regular OB apt on the 19th
  • Options
    @sgrn18 I really hope you can continue bed rest at home. I can see why you’re on edge. 

I have my usual PCP apt next week. 

I’m not sure if I’ve updated since my AS but they are worried about babes growth as he/she fell off the growth chart more then they wanted to see from my 10 week scan. So I am due back early March to make sure they didn’t drop in size any more. My first scan they moved DD. This scan they were measuring behind and 3% head and 13% body. We will see! But lots of movement so that’s nice. 

I also have low blood pressure and I think it’s getting worse. Sometimes I get so dizzy I can’t stand up. 

I still haven’t heard from my OB which I expected to have my first apt booked for a couple weeks from now so I’ll have to get my PCP to follow up with my referral. 
  • Options
    @kristah2 that's great that there was lots of movement! Were your other children similar in size and growth? FX baby is growing appropriately at the next scan. 
    I also have low blood pressure (before my as, which I was anxious about, it was 102/60). When I'm feeling particularly dizzy I try to have something salty and to drink more. I'm also very slow with my transitions from laying to sitting, sitting to standing, etc. 
  • Options
    I just got the results of my AS yesterday via phone and doctor said baby girl looks great, but my placenta is low over my cervix, which isn’t uncommon, but they want to do another ultrasound in 6 weeks to see if it’s moved up. I told MH my placenta was blocking the exit, which is obviously a fire hazard... he didn’t find that as funny as I did!  :D

Like a lot of people I had scheduled my doctors appointment about an hour after my AS was finished thinking my OB would go over the results with me then... NOPE! She said, in an oh so condescending fashion... “I could not possibly have the results from radiology that quickly, and we only call if there is something wrong” .... so naturally pregnancy hormones came on strong, I cried and left in a huff, called my husband and said we should have a home birth instead... then called him back a few hours later saying I maaay have overreacted slightly! But after 4 days of waiting, got only a little undesirable news, and that news means I get to see baby girl move around again in a few more weeks! 
  • Options
    @sgrn18 I hope you get good news at your next appointment and can stay home where you’re most comfortable!! 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ my son was huge. They measured his growth closely after I lost a lot of weight but his head was like 90odd% and was about 9lbs. 
    My daughter was smaller but my first scan with her was AS so she was measuring small but they just said she’s small because you’re small and left it at that. I guess they’re concerned this time because of the curve drop which they likely wouldn’t have known if I didn’t have a dating scan. 

Thanks for the info on blood pressure! 

a@ashleyjillian15 I had a low lying placenta with #2 but it moved up pretty quickly! Hope yours does too! 
  • Options
    @ashleyjillian15 I also had a low lying placenta with DS and it resolved itself.  I don’t love that they made you wait for a phone call after AS. That’s just asking for anxiety. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    Next appointment is 2/8 for 23 weeks??  Seems weird but that is how it feel for every 4 weeks.  I expect a normal checkup.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ashleyjillian15, I had placenta previa with my son (placenta covering cervix) and it moved by my check at 32 weeks. So there’s hope!

• Options
    @ruemcclanahan, I’m not sure if you were super stressed this week but remember that factors in! The week I had exams with my son, my numbers were always higher than the weeks I didn’t. 

• Options
    @kristah2 that's reassuring that baby is similar to DD! Are you team green? Maybe baby's another girl! 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ I am team green! Eveyone seems to think it’s a boy so hopefully not an itty bitty one 😂 
  • Options
    @kristah2 well I am going to go on record today guessing girl for you 😂 - coming from a 2x mother to 8.5+lb, 90%+ boys- so I feel you with your first!!
  • Options
    @_orchid_, I’m pretty sure that there was a mom in my A19 BMB who has sjorgens. Perfectly healthy baby! 

• Options
    @AKuzReve that's great! I never knew about this syndrome and now I feel like I'm hearing about it everywhere. The ped cardiologist and my ob definitely stressed that statistics are on my side as such few people end up with heart problems, but the cardiologist's exact words were "... and if the heart problems do occur, they're disastrous" 😳 cue my pgal brain freaking the eff out. 
  • Options
    @_orchid_, I asked who I thought it was and she shared a very great response and offered to reach out if you’d like to chat more about it. Do you mind if I PM her response about it to you? You probably already have all the info but I found it very helpful. 

• Options
    @AKuzReve thank you!!! That would be awesome!!! Thank you so much for reaching out to her!!!