September 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 1/25

What do you want to talk about?

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/25

• I'll start with a recap from work travel weekend #1. 

First, a lovely story to get you all fired up. I drove myself to the airport (and was so glad I was by myself so I could be unmasked for the car ride at least), so I assumed I'd be going through security by myself. A stroke of luck had me walking into the airport with 2 of my work buds (one already knows I'm pregnant, the other is very young and does not). As we went through security, my bag got pulled from the line to get checked by TSA, but a stupid, stupid man "thought it was his" and went over to it. He was so busy on his phone, that he didn't realize it wasn't his bag until the guy had already ruffled through a bunch of it. Meanwhile I'm like... hello, where is my bag?? Finally I realize what's going on, and the stupid man apologizes several times TO THE TSA AGENT BUT NOT TO ME. Ok, fine. Let's get this over with. By this time both of my colleagues were standing just behind me waiting for my bag to be done. I had brought with me a canister of morning sickness tea that was in my bag. The TSA agent (a man, obviously) took it out, held it up, and carefully read the label, then tested it for bombs. Ok, fine. Maybe my colleagues weren't paying attention. Then, HE TAKES IS BACK OUT OF THE BAG AND SAYS TO ME "ARE YOU HAVING A LITTLE ONE?" Guys, I couldn't make this up. I glared at him and said "NOPE" AND THEN HE TURNS THE CANISTER TOWARD ME SO THAT WE ALL CAN READ THE LABEL AND RAISES HIS EYEBROWS. I said in the rudest tone I could muster "PUT IT BACK NOW PLEASE!" Can you believe the audacity of this human?? Writing this out makes me mad all over again. It's none of your f-ing business, SIR!
  • @Aerialmrs ugh! Stupid stupid man! When will people learn that you don't comment on other people's bodies!?! Even if someone is VISIBLY very pregnant I won't say anything unless they bring it up first. Unless it's a good friend or family member. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • And for other news, the trip was generally pretty uncomfortable. I had a lot of troubling sleeping both nights, having to get up to eat in the middle of the night/just not being able to actually sleep for whatever reason. When I finally got home Sunday morning, I took a shower and then took TWO nice, long naps. Thank goodness for DH for entertaining my son so I could rest!

Being in the airport and on the planes was not comfortable. They were certainly not full, but it was just a situation I hadn't been in so far since the pandemic started, and I definitely won't be going out of my way to fly until my whole family is vaccinated/science has made the call to return to normal. I may refuse future work trip opportunities after the one this upcoming weekend is over. I did use the seabands almost the whole weekend, and I do think they helped, but not enough, especially in the mornings. I'm going to give my midwife a call this week and see if they'll recommend unisom/B6 for me to bring this weekend. We have a longer car ride to deal with twice, and I really want to have something more effective in my arsenal. I will also be bringing more bland snacks, as nothing I had ever seemed tolerable. Pregnancy nausea is so weird that nothing sounds good, but the only way it seems the nausea is tampered is with food. Everything was an aversion but I knew I kept having to eat anyway.
  • @Aerialmrs WOW. I’m sorry that happened to you. What an a-hat, both of them! 

I told my boss today because we’re hiring another RD and I wanted to let him know that the person can expect some more hours in a few months and he goes “congratulations! You know you aren’t supposed to tell people until 12 weeks right?” 🤨 

• @Aerialmrs what is wrong with people?! Some people just have no sense, and it's sad. Sorry you had to deal with that.  Also, I feel you on the pregnancy nausea...I had it with my first two, and it's starting to creep in for this one. Suuuuuuuucks. 

@whatabout2ndbreakfast and again...what is wrong with people?!

• @Aerialmrs Only a man could be so stupid. They also wouldn’t think that maybe we haven’t told the world yet. 

I’m hoping today that my 14 month old screams less. He has found his voice and just walks around screaming to the top of his lungs. My ears are ringing by the end of the day. 

I watched Bridgerton after reading about how much everyone likes it. It was great and I can’t wait for the next season but...

I’m surprised they gave the identity of the Lady Whistledown. I had already guessed it was her when the story came out about Marina being pregnant since she arrived. 

• @Aerialmrs I'm so sorry! What a dick! 
  • We had a super busy and fun weekend..but also it went by so quick and I'm just not mentally ready for work this week. Also DS2 it cutting his top teeth, so sleep is nonexistent 
  • @emeraldcity1214 Bridgerton 

They identified Lady Whistledown? I must have missed that somehow, I mean I do watch while I scroll my phone because (UO) it hasn't been that interesting to keep my whole attention. 

*TW LC*

• @krash_

They did at the very end of the last episode. I was shocked because I assumed it would play out like Gossip Girl and she would remain a mystery until the very end. I would have preferred they kept it a secret. I also assumed they wouldn’t have wrapped up Simone and Daphne so nicely. A little cliffhanger would have been nice. Although I hate when shows do that and I can’t immediately start the next season. I think it’s just something I come to expect and it gives me an idea of what the next season will be about. 

• @whatabout2ndbreakfast my in-laws said that to my last time I was pregnant.
  • lmcwlmcw member
    edited January 2021
    @Aerialmrs @whatabout2ndbreakfast Wtf, come on people. I'll add the asshat young man who was aaaaaalllllll by himself yet figured it was fine to park in not one but TWO of the expectant mothers/families with young kids parking spaces at the grocery store today. It's always the young guys; you, sirs, are not pregnant. Rude. 

@emeraldcity1214
    I was equally surprised and really disappointed that they revealed it at the end. I feel like it will make the next season(s) less exciting without trying to figure out who it could be. 

We had a very low key weekend. I spent most of Saturday morning in a virtual board meeting for a camp I'm involved with; it's nice to still be able to see them and meet, but we're also in a holding pattern until we know if summer camps will even be allowed to operate this summer. 

Edit because I am a spoiler newb.
  • Not that I have any spoilers to post... but how are y’all hiding these portions of your posts?? 
  • @lmcw

I feel like the next season will be less exciting too. Which is why I wish they hadn’t of wrapped up Daphne and Simone so nicely. 

• edited January 2021
    @lmcw TWO spaces? Come on! 

@deziraywatt Ugh. Did you tell them this time yet? I haven’t told family yet because I’m afraid they won’t be as excited as I would like. I saw this reel on IG where this person (Lauren beeston?) set her family up like she was going to take their picture and then told them she was pregnant and they were all so HAPPY. It was adorable! 

We are having a bad week. DS1 needs a baby root canal. :( we brush his teeth daily but weren’t always flossing. Then I get a message from preK that DS1’s teacher tested positive for COVID and he was exposed Friday. Of course AFTER we were at the dentist. I called work and they said I’m still supposed to come in tomorrow unless I have symptoms. I am scheduled to get my vaccine tomorrow and trying to figure out if I should go. 

ETA also I’m wondering now is it really pregnancy related nausea getting worse or is it COVID?? 
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast My first COVID symptom was nausea. I didn’t realize I was actually sick at first because we were TTC and I was in the TWW. It was also Election Day and I wasn’t sure it it was just nerves from that. Then the nausea got worse and I realized it was too intense for pregnancy. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 Oh no! How are you feeling now? I think I'm going to check if CVS has any rapid test appointments just in case.
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast that sounds super stressful! Keep us posted on you and your son. 
  • lmcwlmcw member
    edited January 2021
    @emeraldcity1214
    I'm less annoyed about the Simon and Daphne storyline, more surprised that Shonda Rhimes would allow a story to be wrapped up at the end of a season lol. But from what I've read each of the books focuses on one of the siblings so I guess it's easier for them to wrap up at least one story line so that they can focus more on someone else in the next season. But seriously, trying to figure out who "she" was was one of the best parts, so it's just dumb that they revealed it. 

@whatabout2ndbreakfast oh gosh, I'm sorry you're having such a tough week. I hope the root canal goes okay, fingers crossed that none of you have Covid. I haven't told my parents about this pregnancy, partly because things with my mom have been a bit strained lately and partly because when I told her about my first she was just like "okay, great" and I was sort of hurt that she was less excited about her first grandchild. So I don't expect a whole lot of excitement from her and am not actually that fussed about telling her; I feel sort of bad but also...not that bad :neutral:

Edit to once again fix my spoiler. Sigh. 
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast I feel fine now. That was back in November when I got it. I have fully recovered with no lasting side effects. Sometimes I feel like I struggle to smell but I think that’s corrected itself too. Just FYI, the rapid tests aren’t as accurate. 

@lmcw Have you watched any of Greys this year? Ugh, I’m over the storyline. I have to see and hear COVID in real life. I don’t want to see it on TV shows. Plus they make it so dramatic. Honestly, I’m so over that show at this point I hope Mer just decides to give up and the show can finally come to an end. I was also disappointed in the scenes that had Derek. If they do keep her around can we please get another doctor McDreamy?! 
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast we told them already.  I was super nervous that they wouldn't be as excited because it's our second. I was wrong they we're thrilled!
  • @emeraldcity1214 I'm so tired of every show focusing on COVID! Greys, This is Us, Blackish -- all the new seasons are all COVID and it's dumb! I want to escape reality, not be beat over the head with it!
  • @emeraldcity1214 I'm bored with how long they've dragged out the current Meredith situation. It got old after the Derek dreams (although I was very excited about the OTHER visitor in her dream...I'll admit that made me tear up and I wasn't even pregnant). But then opposite of Bridgerton I was annoyed that they have so many storylines on Grey's and refused to wrap up any of them in the midseason finale. I want to tell Shonda that the people who are still watching have committed 16 years already, we aren't about to jump ship if she lets one solitary story have some resolution. 
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast I had a baby root canal back when I was in first grade. I don't remember the procedure hurting at all, but I was in a lot of pain leading up to it. I'm sure your DS is in great hands with his dentist. Keep us updated! 

• @emeraldduchess That’s good! I’m most worried about him sitting still... They’re going to try nitrous first and see how it goes. Unfortunately now we need to wait two more weeks until they can do anything because of his COVID exposure. He hasn’t been complaining of pain but he’s been tired and cranky so I wonder if it does hurt more than he lets on
  • @chewie5990 yes! Please let me escape the horrible reality that has been 2020 and now 2021. I can’t believe a show like Black-ish is doing episodes on COVID. With Greys it’s at least about doctors working in a hospital. Why would they do that with Black-ish? 

@lmcw If they kill her off will the show even go on? I’m just ready for it to end already. It’s been a long run and it’s time. If they don’t plan to do that she needs to just get better and go home. Wasn’t it last season she got beat up and was in the hospital like this? It feels like a repeat. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 @chewie5990 haha I'm the opposite, I haven't seen shows that even mentioned COVID (except for Netflix's Social Distance) and I find it so unrealistic to our current situation. We're in the 3rd month of household-only restrictions (we have had similar restrictions for 6 of the last 12 months now) and have been just told that "we're not doing enough" while our govt refuses to make any changes on their end and are pretty behind on the vaccines. I get annoyed when I see people hanging out with friends at restaurants on shows, haha! "Hey! We can't do that! Or that! ...or that!" The Social Distance show is the only one I've connected with this whole time.
  • @emeraldcity1214 I don't know how they could justify continuing "Grey's" Anatomy without her. Everything I've read about when it will end has basically been Shonda saying she'll keep making the show as long as Ellen wants to do it. So I doubt this is how they'll end it...what a crap ending that would be! But agreed, they need to wrap this up and get on with her storyline. I forgot about those episodes where she was in the hospital last season or the one before, that is really repetitive so close together.
  • @lmcw I need her to have another incredible love affair if she sticks around. With an incredibly handsome doctor. I thought for sure she would connect with the doctor Christina sent her. That literally went nowhere. Then the guy who left with his sister (I can’t remember his name) fizzled out. I need her to have something exciting. 
  • Ugh why do people at work have to be so helpless. I have a template save in a folder and I was going over it in a meeting on Monday and I get an email from the Dir of Marketing saying "krash_ please save a clean copy of the template. The formulas aren't carrying down in each row." Lady, there was one input in the file from when I was showing you how to use the template on Monday. Just delete the input. It's not rocket science. You're a smart executive I know you know how to do this so please stop being obtuse so you can blame someone else when your work is delayed. Put your big girl panties on and help yourself a bit. 

Sorry for the corp bs rant!
    *TW LC*

• @krash_ you are speaking to my soul right now! I'm on my 12th email from various members of our sales team today with "can you let me know what the delay is on this case" (12 different cases of course).  Well, if you had looked the case up in the system that you have access to you would be able to see that your customer hasn't answered the questions that we asked them and we're waiting for a response. It's not my job to do your job for you, it's my job to manage my team thank you very much.
  • @chewie5990 couldn’t have said it better myself. I’m sooooo over it!!!!! I shamelessly love the bachelor and even on THAT show they talk about how they all had to quarantine before filming. Like ok.... glad the legal team made sure you guys wrote that in so that we all know you did this safely. Give me a break. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I am holding out hope for the Irish doc to work out, I like him and I think they could make that storyline work. She needs a next chapter!
  • @lmcw She does need a new chapter. I was really disappointed in the Derek scene at the beginning of this season. It was a total let down. It would have been better if they had just left him out. 
  • I used to love Grey's, but lost interested during season 11 I think. Before maybe season 9, I watched every season all the way through like 3 times. But I thought it jumped the shark when Derek died. Or maybe I just prefer less stressful tv during this very stressful pandemic...

I told another of my close coworkers yesterday! She had a very satisfying reaction :smiley: She was teaching me something, and we wanted to record it to remember, so I said, "I'll go get my phone!" And when I came back, I told her I wanted to show her a cute picture real quick, then I showed her a picture of my positive digital test, and she nearly collapsed she was so surprised! 
  • Anybody else planning on doing the blood test to find out the sex early? I have an appointment next Saturday. I’m so excited! I just want to know already 🤣🤣
  • @ladylynn222 I would love to find out the genders, but I promised DH we wouldn't find out this time.  It's going to be a long 7(or less) months 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ladylynn222 I am. I have even thought about purchasing the sneak peek test. I got it last time and it was right. I have thought of being team green but I need to know. 

TW Loss 
    When I had my first loss it was an early second trimester loss due to a SCH. We didn’t do the blood test for the sex and it killed me not knowing. So we ended up having to pay a lot of money for genetic testing after the fact that could tell us. I needed to know so I could name her and I got lots of closure from it. So now, I never turn it down and I have even paid for the Sneak Peek test.