September 2021 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

What’s got you feeling emotional today?

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

• Options
    Listening to the NPR Life Kit podcast, episode: "What To Tell Kids When The News Is Scary"

It's valuable and super relevant, but damn, if it doesn't make me sad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Those are both valid reasons to cry! I stopped at Target to pick up a onesie to tell DH and teared up at the cute baby clothes. 🤦‍♀️  
  • Options
    We’ve started looking for a new house, heard back from our agent this evening that the lots we were looking at in a new development (that’s already in progress) are slated for the second half of development, not expected to be done until May’22. So I cried because we love the floor plans and we’ve seen the development in progress and thought the whole development was going to be done by this summer. Just super disappointed 😞 
  • Options
    I just watched cars for the hundredth time and cried at how touching the ending was. 
  • Options
    @krash_ I cry in a lot of rides, especially ones with Christine D’Ercole! 
    @deziraywatt I cried in cars 2 today (again) when they were talking about doc hudson.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @williams-jen woah woah woah, are you telling me something happens to Doc?
  • Options
    It’s so weird, I was never emotional or cried at anything with my first 2 kids and now I’ve been crying at everyth
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 aww I’m so sorry. I cannot imagine how hard that must be. 3 years is a long time. Hugs to you!
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 that would make my cry too! I hope you get to see him soon. We haven’t seen our families in over a year now... I can’t imagine 3 
    :(

Not nearly as worth of tears but
    I cried this week when the the food delivery I was counting on got messed up. It was a long story and dumb mess but I just lost it. I wad feeling so sick and looking forward to eating it. My husband was like what is wrong with you??
  • Options
    There was a (Canadian) government-sponsored COVID spot on TV that had the format of “Every time you wear a mask, it’s so we can do this” and images of people getting together and hugging and seeing grandparents and it 100% got me going last night. 
  • Options
    @sawasap I just saw that one tonight! Made me think of how long it's been since I've hugged my grandpa and I got super sad
  • Options
    Just randomly thinking of my toddler growing up and moving out. Cried.
  • Options
    I saw the absolute state of my kitchen and walked into another room to cry. 

My husband is an excellent cook but when he does cook he seemingly uses every dish in the house and leaves it all out.  I chalk it up to him working in a lot of kitchens where there is someone there solely to clean up after you. 

@law_and_little1 I do this to myself a lot!  Thinking of my son starting school, making his first friend(that isn't my friends kid), bringing home his first girlfriend, learning to drive, even going for his first non-family sleep over.
  • Options
    Put chicken parm in pre-heated oven.
    Set timer to 30 mins.
    Accidentally turned oven off, unknowingly.
    Returned 30 mins later to uncooked dinner. 
    Sobbed. 
  • Options
    Today I’m crying because DS1 preK teacher told me he’s still struggling to pay attention and that I should consider having him evaluated for hyperactivity before kindergarten. She also said he’s super smart, tries really hard, and is good at making friends but still crying cuz I don’t want him to be “different” 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I'm sorry to hear that!
    Some encouragement: a variety of my maternal cousins have been diagnosed with ADHD as adults, and my mom meets the criteria for inattentive ADHD.  My one cousin told me she was relieved when she received her own ADHD diagnosis. My mom has not yet been officially diagnosed but she seemed happy knowing she likely is as it helped explain a lot of her "quirks" (and learning struggles in the past).  My relationship with her was up and down a lot but now that we have realized she may have ADHD I have some insight into how she thinks and we get along really well.   
    All this is to say, your son's teacher sounds optimistic about his social skills and passion for learning, and I hope that no matter his evaluation results, you'll be able to understand how he thinks etc better, and I hope it only helps him for the better.
  • Options
    Thank you @sleepydaze . That is encouraging! Hopefully we can get him started off on the right foot for kinder 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I work with preschoolers and I will say he’s pretty little for an ADHD diagnosis! Especially since he’s a boy. I would say if you’re not ready to pursue an evaluation yet that’s completely fine! Sometimes kids just need a little time to mature. And if he doesn’t, then you can always have him diagnosed later. Really, any kindergarten teacher worth anything will make automatic modifications next year if he’s having difficulty focusing regardless of if he has an ADHD diagnosis or not. Not sure if that’s helpful information, but I just thought I’d share!
  • Options
     @runningoncookies Thank you! I am really hoping he has a good kindergarten teacher! He does seem to be getting a little more self control so I’m hopeful
  • Options
    I just watched Pick of the Litter on Netflix, which is a documentary about puppies training to become seeing eye dogs. Cried through the whole thing...
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast we are dealing with something similar with our 4yo and identifying the issue has been a huge relief! It’s too early to diagnose for ADHD but they have identified sensory issues which we would never have known was related if it weren’t for a specific faculty happening to be in his classroom this year. We’re now seeing an OT (for about 1-2 months) and the progress he’s already made is awesome! The earlier the intervention, the better. Your school district might cover services, I highly recommend pursuing an eval which could get him a head start into getting tailored support. I don’t feel badly at all about him being “different”- he’s always been a busy kid and us now learning to control his impulses better and making all our lives easier. The more you know! Hope things work out well.