August 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 12/21

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/21

• Options
    @pickle-chips I feel your pain. DD2 is just getting her molars in and has hit the 18 month sleep regression so she has been waking at 3am EVERY NIGHT for the past couple of weeks. She falls back asleep eventually but I just can't. I have been awake since 3:30am and it's now 8:07. The girls are both asleep but I am WIDE awake:/ Plus also my girls will NOT fall asleep until like midnight. I think my head might actually explode when work starts on the 4th...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I'm so sorry for your loss. 
    @pickle-chips I'm totally guilty of waiting until my kid is loyalty calling Momma to get up some days. 
    @emmylou78 I'm guilty of peeing on sticks still. I get betas done today and wed so I'll probably stop after I get those results.

DS  (22 months) normally wakes between 6-7. This morning I sent DW in to wake him at 7:35 because he was still asleep and she kept asking if he was fine. We don't use a monitor anymore because I can hear him talk when he wakes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss @surrenderdorothy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I am so so sorry for your loss
  • Options
    @pickle-chips hahah oh no.... I feel your pain on the early riser. Our boys have so much energy in the morning, it’s ridiculous.
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I'm so sorry for your loss. 

@pickle-chips my 4 year old had been getting up before 6 for the past week then says she has to poo because she knows that will get our attention 🙄

@emmylou78 I only stopped peeing on things because I've started getting bloodwork, I did use a digital yesterday to see if it changed to (2-3 weeks) though lol

• Options
    @Panaceia oh no!! Are they nappers? Will you get a chance to rest today. 3:30 a.m. oof that is rough. 
    @emmylou78 I've had a few audiobooks flop like that. Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo was pretty macabre and confusing and then was all of a sudden over. A direct quote from my GR review "I listened to the audiobook and I am sitting here scratching my head, not entirely sure what I just listened to." I stopped listening to The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern, because I could not keep track of what was going on—I've got the ebook on hold to see if it's easier to read.
    @Kenneylynn3 when our oldest sleeps in, we begin to worry (although he's usually up between 5-6). Meanwhile our 2yo would sleep all day if we let him.
    @thereisalight I don't get it! He doesn't nap during the day and he pretty much lives on cheese, peanut butter, and milk. I have no idea where this energy comes from! I wish I could harness it...
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I'm so sorry for you loss.  

@pickle-chips my husband is still in bed.  It's after 11AM here and I'm hardcore riding the struggle bus.  I want to throat punch him.

In other news, I had my third pregnancy dream last night.  This time it was a girl and she was born in my living room after a super short labor.  I half expect this to happen and my provider is prepared for it too after my last baby.  I was a ticking time bomb walking around 4 cm dilated for 4 weeks and was only in active labor for 45 minutes.  

We are doing gingerbread houses with the kids today and I'm really hoping I can maintain patience long enough for this.
  • Options
    Gah... I’m still waiting on my beta @baby_yoda1986. I made an account through the lab where I had my blood drawn so I could check it sooner. Interestingly the website for the lab said you can see results without the provider having to authenticate it. Patient portals typically won’t interface results until they’ve been authenticated by the ordering provider. 

@MrsPyrowiz. No patience! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I'm so sorry. Thinking of you and your family ❤
  • Options
    @pickle-chips My oldest is almost 7 but very self sufficient. My youngest is almost 18 months. She does nap but that's when I do my workout:/

@emmylou78 I'm still peeing on Wondfos because I have them. I need to stop though. I got my digital 2-3 weeks on Friday. I have 2 more digis that I plan to take this Friday and next. I have betas tomorrow but I don't do repeat numbers. I need to stop though. Testing is stressing me out!!!
  • Options
    @baby_yoda1986 are you going to take any more digis? I kind of want to see that 3+ before I stop...
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy - I'm so sorry for your loss. I went through something similar with my grandma earlier this year. She died not of covid but because of covid was alone in her nursing home. My mom and grandpa were able to visit her in her very last days but she was mentally already completely gone at that point. We also didn't have funeral because our family is so spread out over the country and it just wasn't safe to do. It makes what would already be a difficult time so much more difficult.
  • Options
    @Panaceia I won't, mostly because Ive spent an insane amount of money on tests plus I have 2 more betas this week 
  • Options
    I'm sorry @dancingnarwhal. That sounds like an awful situation for your family. I hope your grandma passed peacefully. 
  • Options
    I’m so, so sorry for your loss @surrenderdorothy. What a terrible thing for your aunt and your entire family.
  • Options
    I WOULD be peeing on all the things if DH hadn’t thrown away my box of tests. It was sitting by the toilet (you know, for easy access) and he thought it was trash. Yes, DH. Because I leave trash on the ground, right by the trash can. 🙄
    @pickle-chips, SOLIDARITY. DS (2) woke up at 3:45 this morning. 3:45? For REAL? And DH works 12 hour “mid shifts,” so he doesn’t get home until 1:00 AM. Which means I couldn’t (without feeling SUPER guilty) foist the child off on him. 
  • Options
    I wanted bacon so made some for dinner, ate it and loved it, and now the smell is making me sick. 🤢 Regrets - I have them. 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I’m so sorry for your loss! Sending internet stranger hugs your way. :heart:

I really need to give my leftover tests away. I’m still peeing on them and the test line is darker than the control line now so I’m really just wasting them. Anyone want them?

I’m annoyed at DH for not helping me replace my headlight bulbs yet. They’re BOTH burnt out now and I have new bulbs but looks like a PITA to change them so I wanted his help. He doesn’t want me to ask a mechanic friend to do it because he doesn’t wanna pay for it so I guess my grumpy ass (along with the “help” of my 2 y/o and 10 mo/o) is going to try doing myself today. 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy lmao I just bought this new (to me) mom ride 3 mo ago so he would not be happy with me! :lol:
  • Options
    YouTube how to change them! I have zero experience on cars but I did both my headlights and tail lights before. I’ve even had auto zone help before, for free. 
  • Options
    @emmylou78 I did look it up and the bulbs are in the most inconvenient place possible. You have to take the entire wheel off to get access! I’m pretty handy and have replaced lots of things on my civic but this is just ugh. Probably why DH doesn’t wanna help lol. 
  • Options
    @pickle-chips yuck!  I hope you can get to bed earl(ier) tonight and catch up on some sleep!

@surrenderdorothy I'm so sorry to read about your grandma.  Sending you and your family all the good thoughts.

@emmylou78 I'm glad you have a limit to peeing on sticks lol I'm still over here peeing on all of them.  

@Kenneylynn3 sleeping in till 7:30am sounds WONDERFUL!!  I hope you were able to rest while your LO was still sleeping.

@mrspants0809 i'm sad that the bacon smell is getting to you.  It's usually one of my favorite things about bacon!

• Options
    @surrenderdorothy so sorry to hear about your aunt. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate your kind messages and support. 💕🙏
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy 😱 woohoo!

Every time I see the waffle emoji on the TW Tuesday thread, it makes me crave waffles with butter and maple syrup. I want waffles so badly now! 
  • Options
    Haha... sorry! TW (other than trigger warning) wasn’t in the bumpie abbreviations post and I didn’t know if I could write out what it really means, for the new bumpies. 
  • Options
    @emmylou78 it is ALL good, because waffles are now on my grocery list :D
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy 😱 woohoo!

Every time I see the waffle emoji on the TW Tuesday thread, it makes me crave waffles with butter and maple syrup. I want waffles so badly now! 
    Sameee!!! I have a new waffle maker on my Christmas list. Hopefully Santa comes through. 🎅🤞
  • Options
    Merry Christmas! MH has to go get a COVID test—what a way to spend the day. He has to go because of a possible exposure at a store, not a close contact. He was wearing a mask, sanitized his hands in the car and then washed them when he got home, so fingers crossed it’s negative.
  • Options
    @pickle-chips oh no!! FX for a quick negative result!
  • Options
    @pickle-chips ughhh fingers crossed for a negative test!!!