Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: Strangest gift you ever received?

Re: Week 4 + (5/22 -5/31) check in week of 11/30

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15+1
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a magic 8 ball!
    Upcoming appointments: not til Dec 23rd
    How are you feeling?: cranky, constipated and tired.  but also really happy!
    Rants/Raves: we are getting our gas insert fireplace installed this week and i am SO excited! we havent had a working fireplace since the day we moved into the house 5 years ago.  DH just needs to finish up tiling the face of it by Wednesday morning....eeeek!
    Questions: i posted in randoms regarding baby shower planning, but nothing otherwise
    GTKY: Strangest gift you ever received? this is a good one! i cant really think of anything weird, but will come back and edit if i do over next few hours
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/23 15+1
    FTM/STM/STM+:STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out Friday! 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a box of crayons 🖍 
    Upcoming appointments: 2x Friday 
    How are you feeling?: mild nausea, crappy sleep
    Rants/Raves: 
    Questions:
    GTKY: Strangest gift you ever received? I don’t know. Pajamas 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mkc3888 so exciting that Friday you will find out!  hope the week flies by for you!!!
  • Options
    @asf0613 The last 2 weeks have been killing me! My family keeps asking when we will find out.  I'm trying to find out how to tell my 4 year old without ordering something ahead of time.  We haven't made a public announcement yet and am thinking about posting a pic of her holding a sign saying I'm getting a baby ____. Maybe I'll come up with a cute saying saying amazon was a little late with delivery baby ______ expected delivery date late may or something.  Maybe I can find a bakery that can stuff cupcakes on the spot

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15+1
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Eclair
    Upcoming appointments: televisit 12/21 and 20 week ultrasound 1/6
    How are you feeling?: feeling good. 
    Rants/Raves: rants right now is just feeling like I have to spoon feed my team information in order to get them to do anything even though it is part of their job as a special education teacher. 
    Questions: NATM
    GTKY: Strangest gift you ever received? I love to try new things so I have one friend who when they went on a trip to Japan bought me back a pile of random snacks that she had no idea what anything was 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 6th / 13w 3d
    STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out
    Baby is the size of: A clownfish
    Upcoming appointments: End of Dec probably. The MFM office isn't accepting new patients, so I'll probably book an appointment in the next week or two. Aiming for Max 2 appointments second trimestre. I was really hoping for an antomy scan US before Christmas, bit it's looking like that will be at least I'd January. Mine was at 21w last pregnancy.
    How are you feeling?: Not bad, been doing a little too much with my belly, baby carrying and such, so a little sore. 
    Rants/Raves: 
    Questions: Have a lot of questions about eating enough in second trimester for a baby and a breastfeeder. Eating for three, but not twins. 
    GTKY: Strangest gift you ever received?
    Strangest to others, but cool to me, was the time my Dad chose library books for everyone and wrapped them. That was fun. Personalized gift without the cost, plus less clutter in the house because you can return them when you finish. 

Don't know if it's strange, but it was an awkward situation. For my 29th birthday my homeroom students bought me a rabbit without asking me and I didn't have the heart to return it. Back history, I'm a Bio teacher but I enjoy observing animals, I don't interact well with them. I loved my white bunny, named it Bío, but that was a hard year. Didn't have time for him because I was busy as a teacher and technically renting one room in a house. Ate homework a couple of times, but a beautiful pet. Had to gift him in the end because I didn't have time or space. But turns out he was the best pet for me, but really high maintenance. Cats are a better low maintenance option. I miss him. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  May 26 (15wks today)
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  green!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  an avocado
    Upcoming appointments:  check-up on 12/17 then ultrasound sometime in January (not scheduled yet)
    How are you feeling?:  physically feeling great!
    Rants/Raves: my sister is due with her first baby in Feb so I am planning her drive-by shower for around Christmas time, hoping that I will actually get to be there for it.  My husband and I moved across the country in February so we have literally spent the entire pandemic on the opposite coast as our families and haven't been able to see our family or friends since we moved  :'( Hoping to make it home for Christmas but nervous about travelling due to Covid. I have days where I feel really sorry for myself that I'm missing out on the "typical" pregnancy experience---if I don't go home for Christmas, I won't see my family for my entire pregnancy, my mom doesn't get to see my growing belly, no baby shower, etc. (Also feeling envious that my sister DOES get to have those things, since she lives in the same town as my mom). I'm sure some of you are feeling the same way!
    Questions: no specific questions, just starting to make my registry and getting SO overwhelmed with all the choices!  Trying to pick things that are more eco-friendly but realizing babies aren't exactly eco-friendly lol and wondering if I'm being too "bougie" with my picks
    GTKY: Strangest gift you ever received?  my husband bought me 2 alpaca for my birthday this year  :D
  • Options
    @nsk489
    I feel you on so many levels. My sister is also pregnant in February with her first and lives close enough to family. We were commiserating that we couldn't do bump pictures, but we might be able to green screen it, better than nothing. Technology is amazing in these cases, not the same, but still nice to give everyone a video call and share your bump or your stresses or your last appointment. But the emvy is definitely there. 😐 I just want to forget everything and hop on a plane but my DS doesn't have a passport. 😶

When you say eco-friendly are you also talking minimalistic? There are lots of things that seem essensial that aren't and can help limit waste. For example, instead of looking for eco-friendly wipes you could go for cloth wipes and even cloth diapers. Depends on what you mean with eco-friendly and what your lifestyle goals are. 
  • Options
    @littlelibelula yes technology has definitely been amazing but what I wouldn't give for a hug from my mom!

Eco-friendly but also minimalistic too, I suppose.  We are planning on cloth diapering and using cloth wipes, buying certain things second-hand (or better yet, getting them for free on our local Facebook "gift economy" groups), etc.  Just really trying to limit the amount of non-essential things and all the plastic, finding companies that don't use toxic chemicals, VOCs, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @nsk489 I sent this image to my sister. Some are new ideas or ways to save. I added some terms that correspond to the methods in new basics, but there are a few more I'm not familiar with.
  • Options
    @littlelibelula thanks for sharing that!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/31
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink!
    Upcoming appointments: next Friday 
    How are you feeling?: terrible 

Hi y’all! Popping back in to say hi. I’ve been really struggling with feeling awful so I haven’t been on the bump at all the last few weeks. We found out we are having a little girl! Today my son turns 23 months and tonight I’m doing my final pre- bed nursing session before completely weaning. Pretty emotional about it. Still unable to do much in the kitchen and eating is hit or miss. Hoping I feel well enough by Christmas to cook a nice dinner. For thanksgiving our neighbors brought over two plates for my husband and son so that they could have a real thanksgiving meal while I struggled with some noodles. 

@nsk489    if you have any bougie minimalist registry questions hit me up! I would say that tag describes me pretty perfectly. I splurged on some things like the Uppababy Vista stroller (LOVE) and went cheap/minimal with others - IKEA crib FTW! I don’t have any experience cloth diapering though - I couldn’t handle the extra work. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 31st

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: as tall as a crayon

Upcoming appointments: end of the month check in with the obgyn and then the AS beginning of January

How are you feeling?: Mostly better, just starting to feel kinda fat. Waiting to get a baby bump vs a bloat bump... Haha 

Rants/Raves: not sure how much I like my OBGYN. all my appointments have felt really rushed and I feel like she's not really listening when I ask her about things. I asked her a month ago about genetic testing and was told it would be done with my NT scan... It wasn't. Then when I asked again about it last week, I was told no one here does NIPT, so she would have to look into how to get that done. Now, a week later, I'm apparently waiting on a testing kit to get mailed to me from the states (I'm in Canada) and have no idea how long it will take to get here and I feel like by the time I get my results that any advantage of getting the NIPT test will be gone. 

Questions: none right now

GTKY: Strangest gift you ever received? Hand made "business bag" with my name embroidered on it and a flag sewn on the outside. 
  • Options
    @alexandraseattle good luck with the weaning!!
    I loveeee the uppababy vista but not sure if I'll be able to justify the splurge--we live in the PNW on a farm, so no neighborhoods nearby for us to go on walks.  We do a lot of hiking though so plan on doing a lot of baby wearing! 
  • Options
    @nsk489 I didn’t realize you were also PNW! How fun! We are also big hikers and this spring moved from Seattle to the faaaaaar out suburbs. Our neighborhood backs up to a forest and we can be on the trail from our door in just a few minutes. And we had a black bear family on our street two weeks ago! Hiking is especially fun now that my son walks along and doesn’t have to be carried. We don’t get very far but it’s nice to get outside. 
  • Options
    @alexandraseattle yes! We just moved this year from Pittsburgh, where we lived in a nice little suburb only 15 min to downtown, to Oregon. I'm missing being close to the city (we're about 1.5 hrs from Portland, which isn't too bad) but absolutely loving how easy it is to get outside for fresh air and exercise.
    So cool (and a little scary I guess!) about the black bear family