July 2021 Moms
Options

The Great Big Name Thread

2»

Re: The Great Big Name Thread

• Options
    I think we’ve decided a girl name! Which totally surprises me, because usually we are past the half way point before we agree on something. But if it’s a girl her name will be Guinevere Rose. Still no idea for a boy, only that his middle name will be Allen 

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    @AKuzReve my son is Elliot! It’s a great name!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @riansmommie that’s a BEAUTIFUL name!

• Options
    @marikkita12 congrats!!! Love the name!! 😍
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I think we’ve narrowed down potential names with just middle names to figure out: 

Amaya Isabelle Audrina 

Amaya Lucia Audrina

Amaya Penelope Audrina 

Elliott Theodore Aden 

Elliott Matthias Aden 

Elliott Sebastian Aden 

Audrina and Aden in honour of my husband’s grandma who sadly passed away in October. Will pick a name probably when baby is born. Amaya honours my grandma who passed away when I was a child. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    Hi all! Well, we got our NIPT results back and it’s a boy! This was totally unexpected - we both thought for some reason it was going to be a girl. So we have to switch gears. My son (who is 2) almost left the hospital without a name because choosing a boy name was so difficult for us! His name is Griffin. My husband’s last name is long (4 syllables) so first name can’t be too long. We used my last name (Henry) for my son’s middle and are undecided whether to do that again or not. Any suggestions for a brother for Griffin? I was thinking maybe another surname as first name could work. I’m open to thoughts and suggestions at this point!
  • Options
    @kime783 my friend’s kids are Griffin and Phoenix. Are you looking for something more traditional as well as short?
  • Options
    kime783kime783 member
    edited January 2021
    @marikkita12Hi! Your friend has good taste in names 😉 Not traditional necessarily but not too unique that it’s difficult to spell or pronounce or is never heard of before. Hopefully that makes sense!  
  • Options
    daisy528daisy528 member
    edited March 2021
    So DH and I have been throwing names around (team green still). Which do you prefer for a girl’s name: Rowan or Rowen? I know the more common spelling is ending in -an, but I think I like it ended in -en better... thoughts? Opinions? 

We’ve got two girls names and two boys names picked out, and Rowen is one of the girls names. We just can’t decide on the spelling! 
  • Options
    @daisy528 Rowen looks prettier/more feminine to me

• Options
    @daisy528 another vote for Rowen. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @daisy528 another vote for Rowen. 
  • Options
    I vote for Rowen
  • Options
    I'm stuck on 2 boys names, can I get your thoughts?
    Levi and Oliver (Ollie).  We currently have a Lyla, Wyatt and Declan. 
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles I think I like Oliver more! 
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles I like both but lean more towards Oliver. But I don't do repeating initials so that may be causing a slight biased. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles I also lean more towards Oliver. I love a good name with an adorable nickname!
  • Options
    @daisy528, also Rowen! 

@tiggywiggles, I like Oliver by a fraction. It is a bit too popular for me though as my DS has 4 friends born in the same year with the name. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @daisy528 another for Rowen!

@tiggywiggles I like Oliver more but I also tend to like names that won’t end up getting shortened to a nickname and then never used unless they’re in trouble or in formal situations so Levi would be better in that respect. Not sure if that matters to you so much or not!
  • Options
    @daisy528 I'll be the odd man out and say Rowan, since I tend to prefer traditional spellings. But either way I love the name!

@tiggywiggles Another vote for Oliver. Levi is cute too, but a hair too close to Lyla.
  • Options
    @daisy528 team traditional spelling her too but you can’t go wrong, it’s a beautiful name. 

@tiggywiggles I’m biased because I am mulling around Olivier. There were three 3 Olivers in my last BMB. 😁 It’s such a nice name! 
  • Options
    We are so incredibly lost on names. We have one boy name left over from last time but otherwise, nothing. The names me throw around aren’t even making it to a shortlist. I know we have months still but it’s making me nervous.
  • Options
    @becks_726 we are in the same boat! Boys names are so hard I feel like! When you say one boy name leftover from last time, do you
    mean you had a boy and it was the runner up name or you had a girl but it was your name choice if it was going to be a boy? Just
    curious! We have a 2 year old boy named Griffin but he almost left the hospital without a name because it was so difficult for us. I think we are going to end up in the same situation. 
  • Options
    @becks_726 I can't tell you how relieved I am that we are having a girl because of how hard boy names were for us with our first.  What names are you thinking of?
    @tiggywiggles I really like Oliver as well!

I think we've settle on Eve Isabel after both of my grandmothers and I'm pretty happy with our choice.  My Grannie is named Evelyn (pronounced EVE-lyn) but she goes by Eve because she hates being called Ev-a-lyn... Because Evelyn is quite popular right now we decided to nip any confusion in the bud and go with Eve.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kime783 we went to the hospital with 3 girl names and 1 boy name and luckily had a girl!  We would’ve been really stuck if it was a boy and Gabriel didn’t fit. 

So we currently have Gabriel on our list (with middle name of either Thomas or Dawson). And that’s it. Ideally I want to go to the hospital with at least 2-3 names for each gender. That seems like a long shot right now. The complicating factor is that we want a name that works in English and French and at most moderately popular. 
  • Options
    bntfroggiebntfroggie member
    edited March 2021
    DH just vetoed my choice for middle name, so we are back to the drawing board... 
    We do a polish middle name so I like Julius - pronounced Yule-E-Ush.
    He was like what about Julius Caesar and I'm like what about him he's been dead a while now HA HA
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @canucklehead123 We're using Evie as a nickname too! Her full name will be Genevieve though. I keep telling people it's "Evie, pronounced like the Pokemon" haha.