June 2021 Moms

Your Craving What!??

Re: Your Craving What!??

• @ruemcclanahan

What the hell is wrong with you? Lol Are you even human??? OMG. Its a damn good thing I dont live in your house 😆 Yep your right..  i am going to kick you off the board now!! Please exit stage right..🤣😆

• @ruemcclanahan what have pickles ever done to you? You would not survive in my house. We buy the giant jars of pickles and everyone eats them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • akorosakoros member
    edited December 2020
    @ramfam2507 we stopped at Wawa on the way to my parents' house last night, I was so excited! 

@_orchid_ Same! It's getting better, but the two in the city aren't that close to our house or my office, so I feel like they're not here. The second opened up 3 blocks from where we used to live, only a few months after we moved. I regularly remind my husband that it's his fault i can't walk to a Wawa (the apartment was small, but he was antsier to move than I was).

@ruemcclanahan You'd be voted out in my house. It's ok to not like pickles, but no way I'm not getting them! 
  • BTW, missed the pierogy conversation, but I am so excited to crush an obscene amount of pyrohy at Sviata Vechir dinner tonight. I've been thinking about it for weeks. I just have to avoid over-eating holubtsi (stuffed cabbage) at lunch (the full Eve meal is too much for just 4 of us, so my parents made holubtsi last night instead).
  • Ok im sorry everyone but I have to ask, what is Wawa?? Lol I've never heard of it before. 
  • @akoros that sounds delicious! Yum!! 
  • akorosakoros member
    edited December 2020
    @mindyb2019 These days it's a chain of gas stations with an attached convenience store. Started in PA as a dairy, eventually added a deli and sandwiches (they no longer have the deli, but still make prepared food), coffee, and other convenience items. It's a staple in SE Pennsylvania and NJ, though they've expanded to other states. 
  • @mindyb2019 WaWa is a way of life 😂 
  • @mindyb2019 I didn’t know what wawa was either 😂
  • @ruemcclanahan we haven't done a UO Thursday yet but that seems like that would be a good one for you to start with! 
    @mc0303 yes to a way of life!! 🤣 
    @akoros enjoy your pierogi today! We just had some with kielbasa. Our Christmas Eve tradition with DH's family is all food based lol. We have a pretty culturally diverse family so it's a lot of special homemade Chinese, Italian, and Polish food with empanadas, wings, ribs, and lots of desserts sprinkled in. Not seeing anyone this year, but DH has been cooking all month and cousins/siblings have been coming by to pick up stuff he's making and drop off stuff they made so still lots of eating today! 
  • @_orchid_ That sounds amazing! My family is just Ukrainian and English, so for tomorrow we'll do a Sunday Roast-style dinner. My husband is a Western European mutt from Maryland, so crab cakes are his only tradition
  • @_orchid_ I like the idea of kielbasa and perogies for Christmas dinner, who made this turkey/ham rule? We're about to do hot pot for Christmas Eve. 
  • @littlelibelula yum hot pot!! Haha right there with you about ham and turkey! Although tomorrow we will have more of a traditional dinner with prime rib. 
    @akoros YH sounds like me! Not a ton of traditional stuff we eat so I usually do the sweets lol. 
  • @_orchid_ What's funny is his dad's grandparents were Germans living in Russia, before emigrating to California. He always waxes poetic about the food she'd make, which often sounds very similar to Ukrainian or Polish food. His kids were never into it, so now he gets so excited to talk to me about it all. 
  • I love pickles so much!

We don’t have wawa where I live. 

I’ve been craving jalapeños like crazy. I’ve been eating them out of the jar,
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @akoros I’m having some serious Ukrainian food nostalgia reading your posts! I lived in Kyiv and L’viv for a year in grad school and the holidays were delicious! Still looking for a way to get good kutya in US...
  • @llamamamawearspajamapants Kutya is a hard one to find, we usually buy the whole buckwheat from a church and make our own. It's not terrible to make once you figure out a recipe you like, just needs to soak and cook a while to soften up. I still haven't made it to Ukraine yet, would love to visit some day! 
  • We had Lebanese food for Christmas and now all I want is more tabbouleh and grape leaf rolls... I should learn how to make them myself lol.

Also, I am on a huge bagel/herb and garlic cream cheese kick. I'm sure the ladies at Tim Hortons are judging me every morning lol!
  • Omg all I have been craving lately is poutine lol with vinegar on it. 
  • I want sushi so badly, particularly sashimi. Veggie rolls won't cut it, so just have to wait
  • @ruemcclanahan I do not like pickles either. We can get kicked off the island together!

@akoros also married to a Western European mutt from Maryland. Before COVID, when his grandfather was healthy, we would go down for an annual crab feast where they would get a bushel of steamed crabs and his grandmother would make crab cakes. Sooooo good!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @DoubleUp8 I would kill for a bushel of steamed crabs!!

AFM, I’ve been so crazy about crispy fruits and veggies covered in Tajin and lime juice. I’m salivating thinking about it. Oh and guavas. And literally just about anything! I’m so hungry now.
  • Bagels. I can’t get enough. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 same, I’ve been obsessed with bagels lately.

• @laurad75 now I want a bagel! I’ve been making lots of scones lately. Mm, carbs
  • @MelissaMay82 @halfanewt It's not easy to find a good bagel in Boston.  I have one place that's an annoying drive so I request that we all go as a family on Sunday mornings.  Unfortunately, once a week isn't nearly enough for me.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 ohh what is the bagel place in Boston?

I have just been buying bagels at grocery store, definitely not the same. I did get a good bagel from The Works a few weeks ago though. I don’t think The Works is on MA, it’s a very small chain, used to be Bagel Works. 

• @MelissaMay82 We go to Better Bagels in the Seaport.  I have heard Bagelsaurus in Cambridge is good too but it looks like their online ordering has been annoying and they run out of bagels on the weekends.  I really like Brueggars Bagels but there isn't one close to me in Charlestown.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 I’ll have to check those places out. 

• Rubens. I drove 1 hour round trip to get one yesterday and I want another one today. I also would love some kielbasa and sauerkraut so clearly I’ve got a meat and sauerkraut thing going on.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Omie_Wise I just had kielbasa the other night. It was sooo good :) 
  • I'm now craving cereal, specifically cocoa krispies 🙈 I haven't had cereal in sooooo long 
  • @_orchid_ I love cereal!! I was reading a book with DD last night and it had a toucan in it. Made me want fruit loops. That is a cereal I haven’t had in YEARS! 
  • @_orchid_ cereal was the only way I survived 1st trimester! I haven’t touched it since 😂
  • @_orchid_  jumping on the cereal train, too. Haven’t eaten it in years, but just bought some yesterday! 
  • I had a bowl of cocoa krispies at 10 pm last night and it was sooooo good but definitely made me have an extra trip to the bathroom overnight lol. Too much milk!
  • Cereal is life! Lol I’m eating a bowl of fruity pebbles right now.  Haven’t been a fan of fruity cereals in forever but yummm!! 
  • laurad75laurad75 member
    edited January 2021
    I'm having Honey Nut Cheerios for lunch.  

@sgrn18 fruity pebbles milk is the best. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• My favorite cereal is cinnamon toast crunch lol Mmmm 😋 
  • @mindyb2019 one of my favorites too!!