April 2021 Moms

Baby names

13»

Re: Baby names

• *Lurking from May 21*

@kadeephd How 'bout Vanellope like from Wreck it Ralph :D ???? 

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @aisukurimsarang I agree with the other ladies; partner's boss' dog name isn't a good enough reason to axe a name you both like!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, Sao finally expressed his irritation with his boss, and said who cares what HIS dog is named! We're sticking with Zoe and the agreed upon backups. It's always possible she'll pop out and look nothing like a Zoe! 
  • @texas_t So beautiful!  :D  :D  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @aisukurimsarang I have a similar issue where DH and I thought we had great options picked out, but my sister made me feel self conscious about them.  Marina will be DD2's first name, but we need to find a middle name and were thinking Maite or Oriana.  My sister said she didn't like either since Maite can be short for Maria Teresa (which is too long for a middle name) and Oriana sounds like Orina (which is the spanish verb to urinate).  

We are sooo lost at this point.  
  • haha omg! @aisukurimsarang I can't believe your boss even said that. I wouldn't let it change my mind though, you should def name her Zoe if you like the name! (I do!) 
  • jenn622-2jenn622-2 member
    edited February 2021
    Are there any problems with not giving your child a middle name? We are both loving Rose as a first name but we can’t find a middle name that we like that flows well and are considering skipping a middle name altogether. We also considered making her middle name Rose but its still our top choice and we would probably just end up call her by her middle name if it was Rose. We are toying with the names Lily Rose and Ruby Rose but I think it sounds a bit weird if we switch the order and make Rose the first. I Iove Ruby buy my husband isn’t as sold on it. We both like Lily but wonder if Lily Rose is a bit too redundant with flowers...thoughts?
  • @jenn622-2, absolutely not.  I used to run back ground checks for new employees when I was a govt contractor. I had more than a couple with NMN (No Middle Name)

It's unusual, but not like OMFG WHAT??? 
  • @jenn622-2 I love Lily Rose, and DS1 was going to be Liliana (Lily Ahnuh) Rose or Ripley Amelia had he been a she. 
  • @aisukurimsarang Thank you! Wanted to make sure it wouldn’t be a problem in the future when filling out forms or job applications or anything. I love Amelia and it would have been on my list but with our last name it sounds a bit too much like the aviator 😂 I like Zoe as well. You can always find someone you’re not crazy about (or a dog, haha) that has a name you like. Your boss and his pup will likely be a very distant memory one day so I wouldn’t refrain from using a name you like due to that. 

We have not been sharing potential names with our family and friends as we didn’t want them to sour us on something we really like but it is helpful to run names by you ladies! Naming my son was easy; he has my maiden name as a first name! We had to do a lot more brainstorming for this girl!
  • @jenn622-2 naming DS1 was super easy. I let DD1 do it, and she came up with Henry Morgan, after the pirate. We ended up changing the middle name, but Henry stuck.
     The other three I've struggled with. DS2 has SOs middle name, but we struggled with a first name until like 34w. DD1, I had no idea for a girl's name (Team Green) and decided in the hospital! 
  • kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited February 2021
    We're having trouble with a middle name too.  For my older son we actually intentionally gave him the name we planned to call him as a middle name.  It's not a normal name so we gave him a more common first name that he can use if he wants later.  With this one, I think we are going to go with the first name Nell.  I'd prefer to use Helen or Helena or even Ellen and call her Nell but my husband isn't on board.  It's hard to come up with a middle name for a one syllable first name though.  Lengthening it to Nella and using Nella Rose was one thing we considered but I'm not a huge fan (ETA: I love the name Rose itself just not Nella Rose).  Now I'm thinking Nell Frances.  I just don't know.  I really want to just use Helen and call her Nell (easier to pick a middle name, more normal/formal first name if she wants to use it) but I don't think I can convince my husband.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd Helen is such a strong name, it's too bad he's not onboard. How many syllables is your last name? Could you use a three syllable middle name to round it out? Or something really formal, like Annabeth or Arabella? 
  • @kadeephd I LOVE the name Helen. Unfortunately that is what I named DH's car when we were dating, so that name for a baby is out for us lol. 

You guys are so far ahead with your name selections! We are still on our short list of names, and have yet to pick one, let alone a middle name! Here's the short list, what do you guys think? Middle name ideas appreciated :) 

Madeline
    Lilian/Lily
    Priya
    Aria
  • @bbrahmbhatt Madeline has always been one of my favorite girl names!! I think it's so sweet and classy! So that's my vote!
    @jenn622-2 we are leaning towards a 1 syllable name for our little guy and like it best with a longer middle name. Do you like Rose Amelia? Since you mentioned liking Amelia. I think that sounds so nice together! What about the name Rosa instead of Rose but could still call her Rose? It might be easier to find a middle name you like with Rosa. All that to say I don't think it's weird if you choose no middle name. Hardly anyone ever uses middle names anyway! 
  • @bbrahmbhatt love Lilian/Lily - DH and I have already decided it will be our second daughter’s name if we have one :)
  • @bbrahmbhatt I love all of those! Madeline has always been a favorite of mine ❤️ My brother and SIL named their youngest Madeline though, and this is a boy, so I don’t guess we’ll use it. 😂

Our girls have two syllable first names and one syllable middle names - Grace and Kate! So there’s a couple ideas! 
  • I love reading all the options everyone has. So many great names!

We have no clue what this boys name will be. Everything on my list just doesn’t feel right. I hate not even having favorites. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @pelorunningmama, I didn't decide on DD1s fordt name until the day I left the hospital. Her middle name was set, Summer because she was born on the first day of summer. But I struggled with her first name. She almost left with (Last name), Infant Female 
  • I still love the idea of Eowyn for a middle name, especially with us both being huge LOTR fans and it being the name we'd picked out for our Blueberry. She's such a strong character, especially for a story written in the 50s. But, the other day, Grace popped into my head, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zoe Grace. SO isn't onboard. Sigh. Now I can't get it out of my head. 
  • @pelorunningmama we’re totally stuck on boys names too. We just don’t love anything we’ve come up with and nothing seems right at all. I really want to get a baby hat for the hospital with his name tho so I reallllly want to choose one soonish!! Today I came up with Jameson & hubs was kind of meh. I’ve mentioned these before I think but I like Watson & Fitzgerald. I like Graham a lot too but we have a “Gram” grandma so that one is probably out. 
  • @goldpolkadot I love Graham too but my husband’s cousin used it already. The one name we do still love from our last boy pregnancy was used by one of my friends a year ago. She doesn’t live close and our children never see one another. I’m tempted to ask her if she would mind.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @pelorunningmama I would hope she would say she doesn’t mind but do you think your friendship would recover if she said no? That’s an awkward one to get past.
  • @Serenamarr yes, we are both really pretty chill about most things. I still think we are going to try and come up with something else but if it is time to leave the hospital and we are still clueless, it would be good to have in our back pocket. I keep holding something else will feel right but just not there yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker