December 2020 Moms

GTKY: Let's talk Turkey!

What are for Thanksgiving plans? What are you hoping to eat? Do you decorate for Thanksgiving? Feel free to post anything Thanksgiving related!!!
BabyFruit Ticker
older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 

Re: GTKY: Let's talk Turkey!

• Our Thanksgiving plans are up in the air until the week of. The kiddos and I normally alternate each year between hubs family and mine, hubs generally works OT because it pays so well.

This year I should be going to my family's gathering, but it's about 2 hours away and I'll be 39+1 so that seems like a bad idea. We've already agreed that as long as I'm not showing signs of imminent labor he'll probably pick up that last but of overtime before the baby gets here.

I could go to hubs family, which is only 45 mins away, but because of the family dynamics and setting it's just more stressful for me, especially if he's not there. I love my in-laws, but they are just not as helpful with the little guys and flying solo in the less child-proofed house without having helping eyes is overwhelming. There are a couple of other options for family in town, but they are all either inconsistent (read rescheduled or cancelled a couple of days before), uncomfortable, or Covid contingent so there really isn't really a solid other option.

Basically, there's a pretty solid chance I'm staying home and cooking a ham (which is soooo much easier than turkey). If so we'll do some video calls, have some kind of movie marathon, and I'll be recruiting one of my sisters to bring me some leftover stuffing, pie, and other staples from my family's gathering.
    image     image
  • For me, No decorating and not having friends over but I’ll have my husband and his mom here and make a turkey dinner with enough for guests . Then Freeze leftovers for individual meals later/after baby.   

Then clean and clean 
  • Loading the player...
  • We like to throw a “Friendsgiving” dinner each year. I set the table fancy and my husband cooks a big turkey, and we’ll have each of our friends cook a side dish, and have a little feast. I LOVE thanksgiving food and wish we ate it more often throughout the year!

I probably wouldn’t be up for it if I was due at the beginning of December, but since I’m due 12/31 I think I should be up for one final dinner party before baby #2 makes his debut!