May 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/26

Insert fun gif here 😬

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/26

• Currently in bed the sickest I’ve been so far this pregnancy so I don’t feel like finding a good gif this week 
  • @gusgus14 hoping you get some relief soon!  should be out of the woods soon, right?
  • Loading the player...
  • @gusgus14 Aw I'm sorry. Hopefully tomorrow is better. I have found no rhyme or reason to why some days are awful then the next I can clean the entire kitchen. 

Have a kind of slow week this week so going to go test drive some SUVs tomorrow before my belly gets too big and potentially sways my decision. On Saturday we rented a pavilion at a park and are hosting a small outdoor Halloween gathering with a handful DS's friends and their families. Excited for him to still get some Halloween fun in. What are y'alls Halloween plans?
  • @skilledsailor sounds like a great way to get together for Halloween!!
    DH and i usually throw a huge house party for halloween (this wouldve been our 9th year), but due to COVID (and me being KU), we decided not to host this year.  it was sad to cancel it because its my favorite event of the year and we go ALL OUT, but it was the right call i suppose.
  • asf0613 said:
    @skilledsailor sounds like a great way to get together for Halloween!!
    DH and i usually throw a huge house party for halloween (this wouldve been our 9th year), but due to COVID (and me being KU), we decided not to host this year.  it was sad to cancel it because its my favorite event of the year and we go ALL OUT, but it was the right call i suppose.
    I completely understand. We normally host an ugly sweater party in December that we won’t be doing 😫 Super bummed. 
  • @gusgus14 are you without zofran now?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @yellingbanana i hear you on the shared meals. i dont really feel 100% comfortable about it either, but unsure how to handle, especially with both sets of parents who will definitely be heartbroken if we dont see them.  DH and i normally host both sides of the family (about 25ppl total) for Christmas dinner, but i have already opted out of that.  i know someone else will host it, but do we go?? we are undecided.  i also have two very elderly grandmothers (both 90+) and would certainly not want to see them there (obviously i want to see them but at what cost??)
  • @asf0613 Every time I come up with these dilemmas, I’ve been asking myself this question: Is it worth someone’s life? What if we have the virus and don’t know, and spread it, and someone dies? You could always send food to the older relatives and do a Zoom meal? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @gusgus14 hope you're feeling better!!

My nanny just told me that she had a dream last night that I was pregnant. It took all my will power not to laugh, or tell her she was right.
  • @asf0613 thanks! I think I'm finally feeling better. Turns out if I don't take Zofran, I start puking. Thankfully I finally got my refill last night. Plus I had a splitting headache that started Sunday night and is just now starting to go away. I am soooooo freaking hoping I'm past this soon and it doesn't last all pregnancy. I've also lost any appetite I had and my weight loss has started to increase. 
    @SkilledSailor thanks, I think I'm finally starting to feel better but the last couple of days were rough.
    @texas_t I was until last night! At least now I know it actually does help. With zofran I still feel awful but without zofran I'm a giant pukey mess.
    @yellingbanana hopefully! I've been talking with a lot of people lately who were sick their entire pregnancy and I'm just like "NO PLEASE NOT ME"
    @mrosek91 thank you!

Re: Halloween/holidays. We aren't going trick or treating but we do plan on giving out candy per usual. We always sit outside anyway and give it out so this year we'll just wear masks and we'll probably spread the candy out on a table for the kids to pick from (we give out full size candy bars). We are undecided on the other holidays. We'll probably stick to ourselves for Thanksgiving. We normally alternate which family gets which holiday. This year is my in-laws' year for Thanksgiving but I'm pretty sure they're also hosting my SIL's husband's extended family and we're not comfortable with that. It's my mom's year for Christmas but she's one of the "it's no worse than the flu" people so unless she agrees to not go out places for the two weeks before Christmas we'll probably tell her we can't come over. My in-laws will be in town for Christmas this year too and will want to see us but they have started going out to restaurants and such which we aren't comfortable with so we'll have to give them the same guidelines. 
  • brynn_mamaof4brynn_mamaof4 member
    edited October 2020
    Does anyone have any great recommendations for maternity leggings? I went to order my favorite leggings from Beyond Yoga (the space dye collection... worth every penny!!) and they are sold out in every size on the maternity selection 😭. I’m having them email me when they are restocked but in the meantime I need a comfy pair... I like them to be super soft and strong/sturdy. Not a fan of the slicker workout type material leggings at all. 
  • @brynn_mamaof4 I left a comment in the product spotlight: maternity clothes/pillows thread a few days back if you want to check that out ... will be updating there as my new ones come in the mail.  <3
  • @ec1212 oh awesome! I will check it out! 
  • @asf0613 ahhhhh! How did they react? I hate when I send the wrong text to the wrong group  :D
  • they sent a bunch of ???? and "is it true" and "omg" i responded back saying "we will not discuss this for at least a few more weeks" lol
  • @asf0613 lol! So glad they reacted well and I'm sure they will keep your secret 😊
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • edited October 2020
    @asf0613 Which app did you get the dragonfly from? 
  • @asf0613 🤣 Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! Made my day! 

@mrosek91 are you sure your little one(s) didn’t overhear anything and tell the nanny? You’d be surprised with what my nanny kids tell me! Lol 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @texas_t stoooooooop I am dying 😂😂😂 My MIL kept questioning me on that photo too like “are you sure that’s the face it looks like the top of the head?” Omg yes, I was there when the lady was pointing out the parts.
  • littlelibelula the grasshopper cam from Pregnancy+ .. they have a few themes to choose from
  • @gusgus14 I'm cracking myself up this morning, lol! I'm so glad you're getting the other pics! I have a pic of my 2nd that looks just like that.  Freaking 2d ultrasounds and the eye sockets are cray, lol!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @gusgus14 WHAT!? lololol.    That's so funny! Yep, that one is your troublemaker! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Has anyone broken out their pregnancy pillow yet? I don't need mine yet but I've been itching to get it out. I might break down this week.

ALSO I just realized I haven't started the STM+ check in thread yet today. I am the freaking worst with starting threads lately lol. Off to do that now.
  • @gusgus14 I got mine out a couple of nights ago! I don't know how I feel about it yet.  Last pregnancy I was SUPER claustrophobic and would have panic attacks in the middle of the night (it was super fun), so I couldn't sleep with it.  I'm on zoloft now (holla!) and so far so good on no panic attacks, but I toss and turn a lot and I don't know if it feels like it's in the way or not!  To be continued, lol...
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• omg @texas_t I also had a pregnancy pillow middle of the night panic attack!!!! I feel so much better knowing I’m not alone in that lol. The first night I tried it was AWFUL. But then sleeping regularly also became awful so I started trying the pillow again and it’s been much better. @gusgus14 I started using the pillow on Saturday night! 
  • @gusgus14 I received it over the week end, it's still in its vaccum bag in my closet, but I started using my fiance's pillow behind my back before he comes to bed and after he gets up... Also, I'm starting to have some slight hip pain when laying down. I'm trying to wait it out, but it's probably not so smart to wait until I'm very uncomfortable to get it out, which I was around 15 weeks last time. The plan for now is to get it out a few days before my cerclage since I'll be resting a lot after so I think I'll for sure appreciate it then.
  • So, our neighborhood has trick or treat scheduled for tomorrow night and its supposed to rain! I already have 110 little cups prepared with candy and a Halloween bracelet that I was going to set out on the driveway & everyone can safely just grab a cup. Now I need a backup plan for rain! I can’t think of anything to cover them, and it might be creepy to ask people to walk up to our garage... 😂
  • @ckmb_1250 I don't think it will be creepy in your garage! If you have it all open and the lights on, it will be 100% obvious what you're doing!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @yellingbanana it's possible, it's also possible she overheard something. (DH's home office is right next to our living room, and I'm not always as careful as I should be) But I don't think the boys would say something to her without saying something to me, and she's pretty direct, so if she did know, she would probably either say something, or be quiet, she's not the type to make up a dream. But DS#1 has been saying for a while that he needs a baby sister, so maybe that just infiltrated her dreams. 
    @gusgus14 it's completely understandable that you are really busy, and posting threads on an internet forum is not at the top of your mind. Don't worry about it.
    As for the pillow I want to pull mine out, but I have a feeling once I do my 4yo will realize I'm pregnant (he's very perceptive.) so I'm waiting another week... DH and I actually have a bet, he thinks I'm overestimating DS#1's abilities, so I'm going to pull it out once we're ready to tell him, but before we actually do, and see what happens.
  • @ckmb_1250 I think your garage would be fine!
  • ec1212ec1212 member
    edited October 2020
    I've been using this pillow: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WHSQ1SF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't know how I like it yet. I flip from side to side a lot, and thought this might encourage me to stay on my left side, but it's not. If I flip on my right side, I don't have anywhere to stretch out my left arm (I sleep with other arm under my head), so I just feel trapped.

After a few nights with it, I just  zipped off the removable leg and have just been using that between my knees. If both sides had the zipper section, it would be perfect because that's where my free arm goes when I'm lying on my left.

Has anyone used a pillow or wedge with belly support? I feel like it would feel good (and maybe help with stretch marks) to have some support underneath when I get bigger.
  • @ec1212 I used a wedge pillow last pregancy bc I was so claustrophobic and I actually really liked it. I might switch to that soon. 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t link? Thanks!