June 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 10/25

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms 10/25

• Options
    I tried the unisom b6 last night and this morning. Last night was great, I finally STTN. Today has not been great, though. I’m feeling more woozy or discombobulated? Like I kind of feel like I’m on a boat, a little vertigo-y. Does anyone feel like that starting the unisom b6? Does the unisom b6 work on the first day? I’m sorry if this is disjointed, I’m almost at a week of constant extreme nausea and it’s worn me down. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 I'm so glad you got it checked out! And I'm also really glad it wasn't a blood clot 😂. Hopefully the pain resolves really quickly ❤
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 glad it seems like it's just a sprain!! FX the stretches and exercises help and the pain goes away! 
  • Options
    The nausea seems to be increasing for me every day.  It hasn't been bad enough that I'm going to be sick but I come close.  In a way it makes me feel better that I'm at least having symptoms.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 same! It’s an awful feeling but also reassuring. 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 good news about your leg!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Omie_Wise - The woozy feeling might be a side effect of the unisom. Did you take a full tab or half tab? A half tab (13.5 mg) is what they suggest. Also, make sure you're taking the 25 mg of B6 (not 100mg), and try taking another one of those first thing in the morning. It helps jumpstart me.
  • Options
    @marebear15 Thank you for responding. I took half a unisom and 25 Mg B6. I tried just the b6 this morning and I’m feeling incrementally better so I think you’re right about the unisom being the issue. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I’ve been half afraid to read this thread in case it triggers more nausea. It’s been bad the last few days (I’ll be 9 weeks tomorrow). I couldn’t even handle being in the same room as the dinner I made last night (crockpot pulled pork) and had to have DH make me a grilled cheese instead. 

@mindyb2019 so glad your leg is okay! Wonder how you sprained it? 
  • Options
    @Omie_Wise For some reason I thought it was a good idea to take another dose of Unisom with my B6 this morning, and I've fallen asleep at my desk so many times 🥴

@halfanewt - I'm all about the carbs right now too. All I had was a cheese quesadilla last night, even though DH ordered the fajitas we usually get.
  • Options
    @halfanewt I have no idea. I literally didn't do anything lol just woke up one day and it started being painful. 🤷‍♀️ 
  • Options
    For anyone who needs a good laugh about those funny 1st trimester symptoms...  :Dhttps://youtu.be/pir667mM2Aw
  • Options
    @Omie_Wise I do a full 25 mg Unisom at night, but have noticed I still need to supplement with a zofran once every three days or so or I wake up so nauseous. I haven’t felt loopy or any vertigo on it. I am trying to get my insurance to approve Diclegis for me. It is supposed to be a stronger version of B6+Unisom combo. Can your doctor prescribe that if you are still feeling nauseated on the Unisom? 
  • Options
    Sorry, just catching up.  

I am 8 + 5 today.  Still exhausted all the time and avoiding all meat but beef, but only nauseous occasionally now.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Carbs are life right now. I chocked down a salad last night, though, and I felt like a champion. @ramzlau Ill check with my midwives about the prescription. Even with the b6, I’m still having to spend most of the day laying down. I don’t feel as awful when I’m laying down but as soon as I stand up the nausea comes back full force. Thank you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    move been so busy this week I haven’t really posted much🤦‍♀️  Hopefully this weekend will be better.  
    Idk if I’m better managing my nausea but the past few days it hasn’t been as bad but it’s still there especially if I don’t eat in a timely manner.  I’m trying not to read too much into the lessening symptoms. 
  • Options
    @sgrn18 If it makes you feel any better my symptoms have been coming in waves as well.  Right about the time I start getting a little nervous that things are calming down I get hit by the nausea bus 🙃
  • Options
    @artsiefartsie that does make me feel better.  It’s so hard not to read into every little change. 
  • Options
    My midwife prescribed compazine. Has anyone else taken it?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sgrn18 my nausea is definitely better on days where I basically eat non stop. Yesterday was pretty good and then today I spent a significant amount of time squatting on the bathroom floor. As a nurse you’ll understand how disgusting my space is....my office is an old patient room in an older hospital. Obviously EVS comes and cleans my office and bathroom every couple days, but do you really want to be vomiting in an old patient toilet in an old hospital? Or squatting in that space? And I share my office with two other people right now. I would go elsewhere to be sick, but a public bathroom in the same condition just seems worse. 

@Omie_Wise I have not even heard of that. It looks like it is an antipsychotic and anti nausea med. very interesting choice. Have you tried phenergan or zofran yet? 
  • Options
    @klj0228 No, I haven’t. She went straight to that. We are a little nervous based on the warnings that came with the medicine but my midwife assured me it was safe so...I guess I’ll give it a try today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @klj0228 lmao!! I totally can picture your office!  We have the same set up on some floors!  I would definitely not want to be throwing up in that no matter how well it’s cleaned lol.  My nausea is better when I eat constantly too but my weight is not going to appreciate that.  My last pregnancy I had hardly any nausea and I gained 45 lbs so this one eating all the time may bite me in the ass later lol 

• Options
    @akoros I've been eating bread and butter a lot too- had toast for two meals on Friday lol.