• Options
    Have y'all started Christmas shopping?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg you guys I'm the worst  :D That's the second one I missed! Sorry!!! I guess I was too focused on my appointment. 

• Options
    @mrosek91 thank you for starting this!
    @texas_t normally, I would have started by now but honestly I have no idea what to get anybody so I'm kind of stuck! I do have list my toddler made but as far as anybody else goes, no clue what to get them. Have you started?
  • Options
    @gusgus14 I've bought some stuff for my kids (my youngest's bday is on Thanksgiving this year so I'm still trying to decide how to split stuff up), plus, I have some amazon lists for them and my mom, but that's about it.  I'm not in a super Christmasy mood this year.  I think between covid and last Christmas my youngest who had just turned 1, had a horrible Christmas bc he had RSV and we ended up in the emergency room and I think I'm traumatized, lol.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @spartan4life you faked me out!! I saw you posted and was like “ahhhhhh her results must be in!!” 😂😂 Totally get it though
  • Options
    @spartan4life - mine are in today too and I'm at home with my husband but he says he wants to wait until he "can focus"?! I'm like, better be ready to focus soon then, lol.  He's killing me! I am confident he won't be able to hold out past tonight though, so I'm giving him some afternoon space 😂
  • Options
    @spartan4life Girrrrrrlllll....... facetime him!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @ruby0902 I just hosted a party for my best friend who started selling and I got a billion free sets! I love it but I'm also really really lazy when it comes to self care, so I haven't used any of my new sets yet.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t - now that I'm used to them, they take me about 15 min to put on start-to- finish. They also come off pretty easily with regular nail polish remover, which I love! I def need to host a party 😁
  • Options
    @ruby0902 can't wait to hear your results!!!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @texas_t I haven't started shopping, but will do in the next week. I have a good list going so it should go well. I ordered our Christmas tree this weekend though! Will be delivered on December 5!
  • Options
    @ruby0902 yay!!! Congrats!  

@texas_t I know...I was so worried 😂

• Options
    @spartan4life Yours gives me hope that I didn't contaminate mine either! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @spartan4life yay congrats!!!!
    @ruby0902 yes and i am obsessed.  my friend started selling them a few months ago, i hosted her first party and got like 10 free sets it was wild!  perfect for me because i cant sit still long enough for a manicure/wait for it to dry.  also the gel polish destroyed my nails and with these strips, my nails have never grown longer or healthier!
    currently wearing upper west side 
  • Options
    @texas_t I'm sure you did ok! I think as long as no males were around when you did it touching and breathing on it, you're most likely ok.
  • Options
    Started b6+unisom in addition to Zofran and woah buddy I am so sleepy today. I might have to take a nap at lunch!
  • Options
    @gusgus14 I can't believe you haven't been taking a nap at lunch anyway! I've been team lunch nap for a while!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t I haven't had time! I have done some lunch naps on the two days a week I work from home but days I'm in the office I have to spend my lunch break finding food since I haven't really been able to plan ahead/bring something since I never know what I'll be able to eat. Today is an office day but I really don't think I'll make it through without a nap so I'll have to figure something out!
  • Options
    mrosek91mrosek91 member
    edited October 2020
    Time to eat my words. Honestly, I've lost count of the number of things I've done/not done as a parent that before kids I was "That's never going to be me." But the biggest one has always been that I refuse to be one of those parents whose kids won't sleep if they're not in the room. We do bedtime then I walk out, some nights I have to walk them back to bed way toooo many times, but I never, never, never stay in the room.
    I know it works for a lot of people, but when I was in college a teacher told me a horror story about her toddler who would not fall asleep if they weren't in the room, which included numerous middle of the night wake ups, and I vowed that would never be me.
    Well tonight I am going to break that vow. Bedtime is always a disaster, and it's been getting progressively worse. All three boys are in the same room, and it's chaos, with them often staying up to 9 or 10 (bedtime is 7 for the little one, and 7:30 for the other two). So tonight I'm going to move a comfy chair in there, load up some good podcasts, and hang out.
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    @texas_t I was always willing to sacrifice short term sleep for long term good sleeping habits, but after 4 and half years, I'm wondering if there's a flaw in my logic, and/or my methods.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 have you ever considered working with a sleep consultant? A few friends have raved about working with this woman, and I’m considering working with her instead of getting a Snoo when I’m ready ☺️. 

https://bicoastalbabyb.com/

She also shares a lot of feedback/testimonials on her instagram. 
  • Options
    lovelylulalovelylula member
    edited October 2020
    @spartan4life I would feel the same way if I found out we were having a boy. My daughter says she wants a sister, but it might be cool to parent both. I'll be happy no matter what. 
  • Options
    @gusgus14 @texas_t I've been napping! I only got  back to work Monday this week after 18 weeks of leave, so I didn't really need to nap before as I was just laying around all day, but I've napped everyday this week now. My first nap today was at 10 something, I was just so tired. 
  • Options
    @mimser Your first nap  :D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t I usually just take one I swear! 😅 But it was so early I'm sure there will be another one haha
  • Options
    @mimser I once again didn't have time to take one at lunch today but I might head home soon and take one and then work from home after! I'm basically just waiting on one call to get scheduled and if they don't get back to me soon they're going to be out of luck for a while. 
  • Options
    @mimser I could definitely take two naps!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @ruby0902 I have done colorstreet nails, and I don’t normally do my nails. That being said, colorstreet is AWESOME!!! I still have a couple packs, and was thinking of a girls night with my daughters and we can do our nails. None of us are very ‘girly’, so it’s a big deal 😂

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @yellingbanana - yay,  I love that idea! They're so easy and I get so many compliments on them. People are loving my Halloween themed ones 😁 I have another Halloween pair (bats amore) to change out on the week of Halloween if these ones don't make it. Lol
  • Options
    Update! Last night went well! I had to be in the room for an hour, which honestly is an improvement over how long bedtime used to take. I'm hoping with time and practice, we'll be able to reduce that, and eventually, I'll be able to go back to just putting them to bed, and walking out. I'm hoping a month, but we'll see if that's realistic.
    @ec1212 maybe I'll be desperate enough to try something like that if this new plan doesn't work. But our real problem is just that my boys refuse to lie still long enough to actually fall asleep, so I'm not sure how much someone can help us with that.

@ruby0902 @texas_t @asf0613@yellingbanana I used to do my nails all the time! but since I had DS#1 I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've had them done, and it's almost always been for weddings. Maybe I should give ColorStreet a try. Any colors you recommend? I usually like to go with pastel or midtone solids, like blues or purples.

Ok - new random. Last night for dinner I made broiled chicken, I mentioned this to a (male) friend, and he has never heard of it, and couldn't understand how it was different from baked chicken. So whose the weird one, me or him? Have you heard of it?