June 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/18

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/18

• @emwj10187 I feel like it would be fine 🤷🏻‍♀️ Honestly cross contamination could happen even at a non-sushi restaurant. That’s what my OB said...to just go somewhere legit 
  • Loading the player...
  • @emwj10187 I second what @artsiefartsie said! If it’s from a reputable restaurant, it should be all good. FFMC I went for all you can eat sushi the night before I got my first positive hpt. I did not stick to vegetarian sushi... haha. 
  • @ashleyjillian15 awww!! So sweet that you got to hear the HB ❤️❤️❤️ So magical
  • @emwj10187 I would say as long as its not raw sushi and its fully cooked and prepared then its safe. I would eat it. enjoy!!
  • @emwj10187 I feed my DD who is 2 sushi that is cooked or vegetarian, so I would be in the camp that if I deem it safe for her, I would say it is safe for me while pregnant too. 
  • @emwj10187 I eat cooked sushi while pregnant. My OB told me it was fine as long as it is from a reputable restaurant. 
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• *lurking from May*

@emwj10187 If I've eaten at the restaurant several times and never gotten sick, I even order the raw sushi. It's the only meat I could stomach for most of my pregnancies! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @disgruntled_pelican wow nice numbers for your first beta. Yay! 
  • @mc0303 hah! I just had a debate with my H about leggings. I need a few new pairs and I was like there’s not really any point in getting regular ones because I’m gonna be pregnant (and also 4th T) I’m glad I’m not the only one.

my random for the morning: I had a scrambled egg with everything seasoning on toast for breakfast this morning and it hit the spot better than I thought it would! Yum! 🤤
  • @hillbillywife Eggs have weirdly been one of the only things that sounds good to me right now. I'm glad I'm not the only one! 
  • @hillbillywife  and @artsiefartsie omg yes eggs!! I’ve literally go through an dozen and a half eggs in a week.  Usually that’ll last me a few weeks but it’s one of the only protein foods that sound good! 

@mc0303 I busted out my maternity pants a week ago.  I’m glad I wear scrubs to work so the elastic waist band is mostly comfortable. Lol 

I want to get some of those kindred braverly pregnancy leggings!  They are expensive though!!
  • mc0303mc0303 member
    edited October 2020
    @hillbillywife I was in the same boat and ordered more on amazon 😎 

@sgrn18 Yeah they are so expensive! I’ve been eyeing the Zella leggings so maybe I’ll buy them later 

• @legallykate I've been living in my nursing tees and tanks. They're SOOO soft and comfy!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @mc0303 zella leggings are the best! Did you find a maternity line or are you looking at the regular ones? Either way, totally recommend. They’re not too high waisted so they work for a long while as maternity anyway! 
  • @halfanewt I found some maternity Zella ones at Nordstrom. I’m short so I like that they come in crop too. I’m totally going to get them now that I can add another recommendation to my list!
  • So speaking of leggings, as a FTM I'm starting from scratch on maternity clothes!  What are everyone's go to brands?  
  • @elliemc79 I'm a FTM so I can't really comment on quality or fit but I've been browsing HM and Asos and they have a lot of cute stuff for good prices.

I'm going to have at least one black tie wedding (maybe two) and a trial during my third trimester. Has anyone had good luck with gowns or suits? Or rentals?

• I just found out last night that my friend died 😔 😢 We were good friends and we used to work together for 5 years. We would have lunch together everyday and play golf together for work tournaments. I’d hang out at his house and he would babysit my dog when I went away on vacation cause his dog and my dog were buddies. I’m so sad. He was such a nice guy and so young. Only mid 40’s. It was so sudden and shocking. I feel so bad for his family and his 2 sons. RIP buddy! 
  • @mindyb2019 Oh no!! I'm so sorry. Sending love and comfort to you and his family.  😢😢❤❤
  • @mindyb2019 so sorry for your loss. That is such a young age. I wish you peace during this time. 
  • @mindyb2019 oh wow! I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend. So young ❤️ May his memory be a blessing
  • Omie_WiseOmie_Wise member
    edited October 2020
    @nlc_atx I’ve had good luck with rent the runway for maternity formal wear. I’ve done it many times. Just read the reviews of the dresses and book in advance. 
    eta: If you know you’ll use it a bunch, the membership pays off. I had a couple weddings in the year following my second and I got the membership because I knew by body would be changing a lot. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @elliemc79 @nlc_atx One thing I did for my first pregnancy was do the monthly clothing rentals from Le Tote. I think I would get 4-5 items at a time, and as soon as I shipped them back I could pick and ship a new set. It was great for having more variety in my wardrobe without investing in a ton of maternity clothes that would hardly get worn. BUT I'm WFH for the time being and probably won't do that this time around since nobody is really seeing my clothes anyway haha instead will invest in a handful of leggings and basic tees on top of what I have from my last pregnancy.
  • @ellieemc26 I got a bunch of stuff from ASOS maternity, Zara maternity, Old Navy cotton dresses...I live where it’s warm so I got away with just tons of dresses. Kindred Bravely is a great brand for bras and pjs. My Lululemon leggings were by far my favorite. I also ordered under the belly leggings from Amazon - I think the brand was like Maacie or something. I have a sensitive abdomen and found that I way preferred under the belly stuff, although it’s a personal preference. I splurged on the Spanx pleather maternity leggings and hatedddd then while pregnant. They were so tight. I actually wear them now though hah
  • @mindyb2019 I'm so sorry for your loss  :'( take care of yourself  <3
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @mindyb2019 I'm so so sorry for your loss!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @mindyb2019 I am so sorry for your loss.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mindyb2019 I'm so sorry for your loss <3
  • @mindyb2019 So sorry for your loss! It is so hard to lose someone so young. 

For maternity leggings, I tried a few of the Blanqi leggings, and have been wearing them even pre-pregnancy. They are super comfy, but are hot (so not for summertime), and the black ones have pilled in less than a year, so I am looking for a new brand to try. I wish I invested in better quality clothes for my first pregnancy that I would want to reuse. Going through the box I am not excited about much and don't feel like it ever fit me great. Anyone try Isabel or Seraphine brands? My problem with dresses while pregnant is the thigh chaffing! 
  • My maternity wardrobe is mostly Old Navy and Target. I'm really like Target's Isabel line, but Old Navy hasn't stood the test of time. Also I have a small selection of Motherhood Maternity for work. 
  • @mindyb2019 just got my flu shot and my sweet Shoppers Drugmart band-aid.  
  • @pickle-chips LOl ahh yes girl. sweet shoppers drugmart band-aid 😆 How did your shot go? 
  • @mindyb2019 Shoppers was bumpin'. Who knew Tuesday at lunch it was the place to be! I was her first pregnant person of the year so she was like...hm...do I give you a booster...what do you need...she had to go check her guidelines haha. The actual shot was totally fine though. Glad to have it crossed off the list. 
  • I lived in my lululemon aligns with DS2. This time I want to try a variety because the aligns piled so badly for me. I want to get some girlfriend collective, beyond yoga, and storq. I also want those storq overalls because I bought some linen overalls from target last summer and I live in them. It’s so nice to have pockets. 
    Pregnancy Ticker